Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonu.p thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Vampire Diaries Interview: Zach Roerig on Playing "Special Teams"

Matt Donovan is sick of this sh-t.

Forgive the character, but he's made it pretty clear over the last few weeks - first being there for Caroline on her birthday and then for Elena on the bridge where her parents died - that he's had enough of the people he cares about suffering at the hands of werewolves and vampires.

"His friends are starting to see that they can lean on him when they're feeling low," Zach Roerig just told me over the phone. "And Matt is starting to realize none of them should have to live this way. He's kind of sick of all this sh-it."

But what can a human being really do about it in Mystic Falls?

"I might not have a ring and I might not be able to bite your neck," the actor says. "But I'm not gonna stand for this any more."

While Roerig would not get into specifics, it's possible a few of Matt's actions get underway tomorrow night, as he snags an invite - from Rebekah?!? - to a ball thrown by the Originals at their new mansion.

"He's a bit intimidated," Roerig says of the invitation. "He figures that saying no might not be a smart move."

And Matt is all about making smart moves these days. He seems, in many ways, to be the only voice of reason in town, making the keen observation last Thursday that no one will ever be safe in Mystic Falls. Roerig compares Matt's understanding of where he fits in to positions on a football team.

"He's not the quarterback of this team," the actor says. "But he's a key member of the special teams and he'll be wherever his friends need him to be."

He's a "pretty selfless character," Roerig adds, and that's difficult to argue with. Along those lines, the star says not to expect any movement on the Matt/Elena (Melena?) front, despite the deal Klaus tried to make with Damon and Stefan last week.

"You'll see a special friendship between them rekindled," Roerig teased. "There's a genuine friendship there, but that's it."

So why not just leave town? It's dangerous there, Matt has no family remaining, no loved one holding him back.

"He's proud and stubborn and there's this feeling of 'This is my home," Roerig says. "Many fans may be wondering what Matt's purpose is, but they'll start to see soon enough."

sonu.p thumbnail
The Vampire Diaries: Five Things to Expect From Tonight's Epic Ball!

"The ball at the Mikaelsons' is going to be a really interesting affair and it's going to be really exciting and sort of suspenseful and scary because everyone is there. Almost the entire cast is there and they're on a mission and a lot can happen," Dobrev teases. "It could turn for the good or for the bad. I mean things could happen and our main characters could succeed or they could miserably fail. In the Vampire Diaries and in Mystic Falls the stakes are so high that what you could lose and what you're risking are lives and so in this case we get to do that but in ball gowns so it's extra glamorous and extra fun."

We can assure you that the affair is indeed extra glamorous, but it seems making the episode was anything but. "I'm really excited for the episode of the ball I hear it has turned out absolutely beautiful and I'm excited for the editors to make it look like we all can dance because we were all terrible, absolutely terrible," Accola says. "There is a line at one point in which Caroline even says like, 'Yeah I know I'm a good dancer' and by that point I was like really tripping on my feet and everyone just like bust out because it was so obviously not a moment of being a good dancer."

Accola says the cast did get dance lessons, but they weren't exactly thorough. "We did take dance lessons for, like, 30 minutes. It was very quick and of course while were in there you're like, 'Oh I got this!' and then you're like, 'Oh you want us to talk while were dancing? This is a whole other avenue! Hold on.'"

Luckily, all of Accola and the cast's hard work pays off as the episode is one of our favorites of the season, giving us helpings of the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle, Klaus and Caroline's "Cinderella-like seduction" (executive producer Julie Plec's words, not ours!) and more of Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and the rest of the Original siblings, who steal almost every scene they're in. 

Here are five things you can look forward to in tonight's episode: 

1. Elena shares some very intense moments with both Salvatore brothers, including a scene where one of the brothers drops three very important words. Fans of both couples should prepare for some major angst, including Elena hurting Damon and possibly causing the return of the old Damon. We won't lie, we kind of missed him! 

2. We don't know about you, but we've been secretly rooting for an Elena and Elijah hook up since the first scene these two shared, so their moments in tonight's episode made us especially happy. Rebekah, who is definitely not Elena's biggest fan at the moment, drops a hint about Elijah having feelings for Elena and the two share several meaningful scenes at the ball. (Psst! We're chatting with Daniel Gillies/Elijah tomorrow so send questions for him our way, won't you?!)

3. Mama Original Esther (Alice Evans) has some serious plans for her family, plans that involve Elena. Oh, and prepare to see some sibling bickering between the Original brothers and sister that is so relatable, you almost forget they're all over a thousand years old. As for the two newbies, Kol (Nathaniel Buzolic) is all about having fun and causing trouble (and he looks damn good doing so!) while Finn (Caspar Zafer) is a true mama's boy.

4. Klaus (Joseph Morgan) is into Caroline (Accola) in a major way and is not shy about it in tonight's episode. It's hard to remember he's a diabolical hybrid responsible for a lot of the deaths in Mystic Falls' when he looks so dashing in a tuxedo and promises to take you wherever you want to go. Unfortunately, Caroline's love (and respect) can't be bought. Plus, she still has feelings for Tyler (Michael Trevino). Will that change when Caroline sees a different side of Klaus, one no one's ever seen before? 

5. The following are all MIA in this episode: Alaric (Matt Davis) is in the hospital, Tyler is off bettering himself for Caroline, Meredith (Torrey DeVitto) was off being crazy and/or taking care of Alaric and Bonnie (Kat Graham) was presumably at home. Don't worry, Bonnie fans: Something goes down in tonight's episode that Bonnie will definitely be a major part of in the episodes to come. 

meriyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
must see guys! this is like sooo hot for both Delena and Stelena fans!

1194coverNINA_IAN
1194coverNINA_PAUL_300.jpg

Heart thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
All My Children (3x15) extended promo link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrHT0e7Xw6Q&feature=share

sonu.p thumbnail

Spoiler Chat:

Paigerzzz22: Is there any word on Jeremy yet for TVD? I already miss him!!
Fret not, we have not seen the last of Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen)! "We will see Jeremy before the season's over," executive producer Julie Plec teases. "That's about all I can say on that." We'll take it!

Kitademare: TVD?
What? Our scoop-filled post following last night's epic episode was not enough for you?! Alright, here are two more teases. You're welcome in advance.
1. Expect to see a lot more of Meredith (Torrey DeVitto). "It's possible," Plec says of bringing DeVitto on full-time. "We're still talking about it." And yes, we will be seeing that psycho side of Dr. Fell that her now dead ex-boyfriend warned Alaric (Matt Davis) about. Nobody does psycho like Nanny Carrie, y'all!
2. When Tyler (Michael Trevino) returns (he will in the Spring!), it won't be as a Klaroline fan. Duh. "There's nothing worse than going away, putting yourself through endless and eternal agony to break a bond to some guy when you come back to town you realize he's been putting the moves on your girl," Plec says.

sonu.p thumbnail

The Vampire Diaries to Air Damon Origin Episode

He's a lover. He's a fighter. He's a self-destructive wild card who lashes out when hurt, as evidenced by his actions to conclude "Dangerous Liaisons."

He's Damon Salvatore, and he's the heart, soul and often shirtless body of of The Vampire Diaries. But how did he come to be this way? We'll find out on March 15.

In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (yes, this one), Julie Plec prepares fans for a significant flashback installment. It will focus on Damon and, in the words of this producer, depict "the birth and rebirth of that wicked, wonderful character."

sonu.p thumbnail
Canadian Promo - 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9GVW_HXLdzM[/YOUTUBE] Edited by sonu.p - 12 years ago
itsD.E.L.E.N.A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Julie Plec Teases Cassidy Freeman's TVD Guest Role & "1912?

Here's what Julie had to say about the upcoming guest role portrayed by Smallville fan favorite Cassidy Freeman, and more details about what to expect in her first episode.

"I haven't seen it. I've only heard that she's awesome," Julie says about Cassidy's TVD premiere. "Cassidy Freeman's character is a vampire that we'll meet in our 16th episode, which is the first episode in March [once we're back]. The episode is called '1912,' and it is a time about a hundred years ago that I like to call as when Damon was still the Damon that walked out the door in a huff of disappointment and piousness, when his brother was out of control in 1864, and somewhere between 1864 and the pilot episode, Damon became the Damon that we know and love, and this episode kind of gives us a little glimpse into that, and what this character Sage, played by Cassidy, had to do with it, she teases.

"She's ballsy, and sexy, and dynamic. It's a fun character," Julie adds. When asked if Sage will be showing up in the present day, she wasn't able to hide her answer, saying "yes" to everyone in attendance.

Julie also told us more about the episode Cassidy premieres in, which, as mentioned above, is called "1912." First, she was asked if the episode will explore some history between Damon and Original family member Kol as hinted in "Dangerous Liaisons."

"When we did this episode, that was our intention, to have them cross in a very sort of fun 'wait, who was that guy?' kind of moment, but the story went in a different direction," Julie says. "But yeah. We had a whole great Damon-Kol bar night out, brawl kind of drunk, don't remember any of you, but in our drunk night brotherhood, we had a moment, but we didn't end up going down that road." When asked if the recent popular PBS series Downton Abbey was an inspiration, Julie confirmed that she had been watching. "You know, it's funny. When we were trying to pick the era for when we wanted this flashback, I had just been watching Downton Abbey Seasons 1 and 2 in this obsessive marathon, and I thought 'well, everybody looked so good in 1912. Dresses are so pretty! Men are so handsome'!"

itsD.E.L.E.N.A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Damon and Sage

"In the March 15 Vampire Diaries episode — a flashback to 1912 — Freeman plays Sage, a bloodsucker with ties to the Originals, as well as Ian Somerhalder's Damon. "She [is] really aware of what being a vampire is and owns it," says Freeman, who says it "has been a dream to play a vampire" and that she was "jumping for joy" when she got the part. Sage will also resurface in modern-day Mystic Falls with a murky agenda. "She comes back for good reasons, but she is [out] for herself.""

sonu.p thumbnail
Spoiler Chat Daily: Who's Dying on The Vampire Diaries?!!

MandyLee: How about something juicy on The Vampire Diaries?! 

How about the fact that people are totes gonna die? This is the scoop executive producer Julie Plec drops our way: "There's definitely going to be some jeopardy by season's end. Certainly, many of our characters are going to come face-to-face with their maker at some point before the season is over. The question of whether they meet and shake the hand and get dragged away with their maker is a whole other question." So it sounds like some deaths might not stick? And others will?