Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nayab- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
"

Prepare to be gutted…. Bonnie is in some serious danger.

She's asking for something she can't do herself. And if Bonnie can kill Klaus by taking her own life, it must be something pretty big for her to need more help. A lot of what the characters will be going through is: How can we, if at all, save Damon's life?

….If he acts out, I don't think she's going to hesitate to put him in his place. She's like me!

"
Kat, on the series finale. :/ 
-Nayab- thumbnail
-Nayab- thumbnail

May 11, 2011 07:50 PM EDT

The Vampire Diaries season finale is almost here, and there are new spoilers out about Elijah and Bonnie. What happens to them in the season finale episode? Yes, this means that Elijah is back to cause drama in Mystic Falls. Last fans saw him, he chose family over his word and saved his brother Klaus.

Daniel Gillies told Hollywood Life that Elijah will be in the finale, but he wouldn't give any details of what he ends up doing or what part he plays. However, Katerina Graham was a bit more forthcoming about her own character. In the preview for the episode, she is shown bleeding and pleading for help from some unseen person.

Katerina had this to say about what will happen to Bonnie during the episode: "She's asking for something she can't do herself. And if Bonnie can kill Klaus by taking her own life, it must be something pretty big for her to need more help. A lot of what the characters will be going through is: How can we, if at all, save Damon's life?"

With the return of Elijah, and Bonnie using her powers to the very maximum of her ability, it is without a doubt set to be a big finale for Vampire Diaries on Thursday night. Fans might see more of Elijah in season three as well, but that has not yet been confirmed.

What do you think is going to happen in the finale? Will Damon live? Check out the latest clip from the finale. Don't forget to watch the end of season two. No one has mentioned Klaus, so it is also possible he might return. Anything is possible as everyone tries to save Damon Salvatore from death.

(Photo Source: TV.com)

-Nayab- thumbnail
Thursday's May 12 episode of "The Vampire Diaries" is the Season 2 finale, and given the high-stakes emotional drama of last week's episode, we're more than a little bit nervous about the damage the finale may inflict on our delicate psyches.

Luckily, the show has already been picked up for a third season... but it's going to be a long, difficult summer without our favorite Mystic Falls kids. Zap2it caught up with Katerina Graham to talk about the cast changes (we'll miss Sara Canning), the finale, and Kat's burgeoning music career.

Zap2it: Last week's episode was so sad! I cried at home. Was it rough to say goodbye to Sara after you guys wrapped?
Graham: I was a mess. I cried! I just didn't get it. I don't like those kinds of changes. In this life you already have so many changes, but I don't want to change my friends. I don't want to not see them. I already barely see my friends as it is because I work so much, so losing Sara was difficult. I know there are going to be great things for her next, and she's going to do amazing things as she spread her wings. It was very difficult.

In the midst of all the sadness, Bonnie had a really kick-ass moment when she came out of the darkness and spelled Klaus.
We were really excited when we shot it! We did it literally in two takes, and everything was like 'Whoa! That's awesome!' and I was like 'Really? It was okay?' Everyone was really happy with it. I think that's how the audience was feeling, like, 'I just want to go in there, and take him down!' and the fact that Bonnie did that gave them the chance to feel like they were taking charge that way, too.

How do you manage to memorize all the spells?

Those things are so hard to memorize! You have no idea. I had to learn these three different Latin chants in a day. I thought I was going to explode. Actually, people are calling it Latin, but it's not Latin. I call it Plecan. It's a Julie Plec made-up language. So, it's technically called Plecan. She'll take Latin words and things that kind of are like the real words, and she'll like... remix it. I have to memorize a lot of Plecan.

We saw in the episode preview (above) that Emily Bennett is going to return in this episode. How are she and Bonnie going to factor into the finale?
Emily comes when she needs to come. That's all I can say. With Bonnie, I can definitely say that because it's the last episode and Damon's been bitten by the werewolf, what everyone is trying to do is figure out if there is a cure and how to get it, and how to move forward to save him -- if that's even possible.

Where do Bonnie and Damon stand right now? He was more than willing to sacrifice her life in the last episode.

I don't think Bonnie would necessarily throw her arms around him and protect him over someone else, either, you know what I mean? They're cool. They're not best buddies, and they don't have a romantic interest. I think they're just trying to do what they've got to do, and if they have to work together, they deal with it. They're not on horrible terms, but Bonnie isn't really a forgetful person, from what I know.

Are we going to see any development in Jeremy and Bonnie's relationship?

You will definitely continue to see the relationship evolve, I can say that much.

You guys are a go for Season 3,and I know that a lot of your fans on Twitter are hoping to see more of Bonnie's life this season - her family, and her house.
I'm with them on that! I listen to them, and I'm like, 'Wow, they really want to see it!' but I can't even tell them anything because I don't know what's coming. I would like to see that, a mother or a father at least. It's time, but there's been so much going on and so many other characters to develop. It's very much an ensemble cast, and there's a lot going on and everyone has their own storylines. It's totally understandable that all the characters haven't had a full development. It takes a lot of time.

I just saw your music video for "I Want It All." We spoke before about your time working with the tiger, but now that I've seen it all come together, it's a really incredible clip.
Thank you! We shot it on a reserve in San Bernardino. It was such an amazing experience, but it was definitely the most dangerous thing I've ever done. I have a joke with my stylist Brett that we've never had a big shoot together - he's like "We've only had two!" and I said, "Yeah, but every time we work together it's been life-threatening!" The tiger was very sweet, but dealing with the fire - that was a big fire on my head! The hat literally shoots fire. I'm always playing with fire. If you ever see me in a circle of fire or with fire on my hands, that's not special effects, you know! That's literally my hands on fire. I'm getting used to it. I'm not as scared as I used to be. Everyone's at the point where they're like "Oh, fire? Kat will be fine!"

What kind of fan response have you seen?

Everyone really loves it and MTV has been really supportive. The music has been a slow boil. We started with the Will.I.Am stuff, and then I pushed "Sassy" as kind of a buzz single, and now we've got this setup single. Everything has been really taking its time, and I don't mind that, but "I Want It All" is my first actual budget video. Everything else has just been me and my friends kind of winging it, so I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I wanted people to see it. It's strong! It's a J.R. Rodham produced single, and I'm just so proud of it. It's been a long time coming.

I know you're working on finishing the album this summer. What can we expect from the final product?

I am. I recorded three songs this past weekend. We're kind of wrapping up the album and really finding the sound. A lot of it was very similar to the progression of Bonnie. It's about finding your strength and becoming independent and self-sacrifice and being who you want to be without apologies. It's been really interesting how the parallels between Bonnie and I surfaced.

Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz.
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images/The CW
-Nayab- thumbnail

TV Guide's Robyn Ross has more from her video sit down with and this time Nina's gives her take on the developing triangle, the chemistry between Elena and Damon, and the psychological effects of getting into character when playing Katherine and Elena. Read the entire article at TV Guide.

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Bonnie in danger. No wonder Jermey is worried.

How does Elena factor into this? Will she actually give expressions which we can read? and is Kat gonna be there too.. THURS. come fast.
JennyPenny thumbnail

Vampire Diaries Boss: A Lot of Our Characters Are at Extreme Risk in the Finale

While last week's episode of The Vampire Diarieswas action-packed, and full of death and rings of fire, Thursday's season finale will have a different tone. "There's a lot of emotional resolution," executive producer Julie Plec says. But don't think that means anyone is safe. "A lot of our characters, in some way or another, are at extreme risk," Plec says. "There are some moves and surprises that will make the audience yell at us."

In Part 2 of our chat with Plec, she discusses plans to dig deeper into the backstory of the originals and why "Delena" fans will love the second half of the Season 2 finale.

You recently said that Season 3 would be about the originals. Was that always the plan?
Julie Plec: 
We always knew in a perfect world our Klaus casting [Joseph Morgan] would be successful. He's a very small villain in the book series, but his actions have huge, huge repercussions on the community. We knew there was a lot of territory to mine there, so we built him in and introduced him at the end of this season in hopes that the audience would connect to the character as a villain and we could then explore a lot more down the road about who he is and where he came from. The addition of Elijah [Daniel Gillies] in our world midseason just changed everything. You have Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gillies, two extraordinary actors having these amazing scenes with each other and you just want more of them. We haven't started plotting Season 3 yet — that happens soon — but certainly it's in our intention to dig deeply into the backstory of the original family.

Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec: Profound loss is part of who Elena is

Are you going to shy away from present day and go more towards mythology and flashbacks?
Plec: The show is always going to be about Mystic Falls, our heroes, our love stories, and our brothers and Elena as they navigate the real world in a very unreal scenario. The flashbacks are dropped in here and there, so I don't know that we'll shift that too extremely in one direction or another. It's worked well for us, and every now and then we get to go back into the past and really see these people, who they were back then, but I don't think we'll suddenly have every episode be in year [1000].

OK, let's talk finale. Will it be as emotional as last week's episode?
Plec: There's absolutely going to be a different sense of tone — it's not big rings of fire, flaming fire balls and hearts being ripped out. It's the continuation of Damon and Stefan's relationship as brothers, Damon's imminent death as a result of the werewolf bite, and Damon's continuing desire to get acceptance and forgiveness from Elena.

Damon can't possibly die, right?
Plec:
 A lot of our characters, in some way or another, are at extreme risk — Damon of course being the obvious. I, of course, won't tell you if anybody makes it to see Season 3 or not, but there are some moves and surprises that will make the audience yell at us.

What will Stefan do to try to save Damon?
Plec:
 Stefan ended the previous episode saying, "I am not going to let you die. I will find a cure." And, of course, there is no cure. So that's going to be complicated for Stefan, who feels very responsible for his brother as a result of having been the one who really pushed being a vampire on him in the first place. He also feels responsible for the fact that Damon now believes his wrongs led to his death — that it's karmic retribution — and Stefan is basically saying, "I don't accept that because if I accept that this is your karmic retribution, then this is my fault to begin with." So Stefan sets out on a pretty intense journey to figure out if there's any way to save his brother and ... it's a really harrowing experience for him. His own life is put in peril as a result of wanting to do anything he can to save Damon.

Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev on Elena and Damon's chemistry: "You want what you can't have"

What about Elena?
Plec: 
Elena, who is unaware of Damon's bite, is trying to move forward with her brother and her friends. There's a speech early on where she says, "We've got to get up, we've got to get out of the house, we've got to breathe, eat, sleep, then do it all over again until it gets better." That's shifted when she learns the truth about Damon and sets out to help him as he goes through his spiral. A lot of their relationship and friendship issues are brought to light as he is on his deathbed and is still very much desperate for absolution.

Sounds like "Delena" fans will enjoy the finale then. 
Plec: 
The second half of the episode is very much driven by Damon and Elena — as he's falling apart — and what she does to try to bring him peace. This is very much an episode of Damon and Elena, and all their relationship issues that they've struggled with for two years now coming to a head.

Can we expect a major cliff-hanger? 
Plec: 
Put it this way, there is an out-of-left-field surprise at the end of this episode that tells the audience very clearly what road we're traveling down Season 3. It's not a big cliff-hanger episode. There's a lot of emotional resolution, and then there's a humdinger or two at the end that basically says: "You thought you knew what this show was. Well, we're just getting started."

JennyPenny thumbnail
^ EEE... and it's thursday.. She won't give much away, but okay.. DE driven finale! OMFG. and yeah, it seems like Elena does not know much in the promos either, but when she finds out! Ahh, I love how her speech gets shifted, like get up face the truth to like WTH. I cannot lose you...

Okay, in close to 20 hours, it will be 8 PM.
anwaya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ooohhh! m so exited for thursday! n Bonnie will do something to save Damon, i think she calls Emily for that.