TV is no idiot box: Kiran Kumar

shrutireddygr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
He was one of the first Bollywood actors who made a foray into the small screen when TV started to become big. Actor Kiran Kumar had a fair idea that one day TV will become as popular as films.

"When I started doing television, some of my co-actors from the film industry tried to discourage me as they were not very sure of future of the small screen. But if you see today, TV has become a mammoth industry and perhaps all the big stars of Bollywood are a part of it in some way or the other," says Kumar.

Kumar, who has acted in several TV shows, firmly believes that Television has changed a lot in the last decade or so and "you can't call it an idiot box anymore. See TV is a younger brother of films but not an idiot box for sure. Also, I believe if the great Mr Bachchan can do a show on television, then anybody can do television. He has increased the standards of the small screen manifold."

Having worked with the famous Khans of the film industry, Shah Rukh, Aamir and Salman, since the time they started their filmi careers, Kumar feels that the trio has evolved a lot as actors. "Though I have worked with all the three Khans, I'm personally very close to Salman. He's a great guy and a very good human being. Uska bholapan screen pe bhi jhalakta hai. Tha's the plus point with him. And I think he's done a fabulous job in "Dabangg"," says Kumar.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/TV-is-no-idiot-box-Kiran-Kumar/articleshow/8126785.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shipra_S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
i haven't watched many films of him except mujhse dosti karoge and kyunki main jhooth nahi bolta...but i agree, he is a good actor.

But i still do believe in the saying,' tv is an idiot box'. Let alone the fiction shows, when the reality shows are also scripted, how can one call tv ''realistic''?