Debate Mansion

Would You Marry a Single Parent?

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Can you marry a lady or a guy who already has a kid?

You're single, never married.  You've almost given up on falling in love. Out of the blues, you meet this great dude/babe.  Everything checks out.  He/she has everything u've ever wanted in a partner.  There is great mutual affection.

One day your partner told you that there is something you have to know. He/she has a kid. He/she loves the kid so much. If you want him/her, you have to also want the kid. You want this person. You're concerned about the kid. What will you do ๐Ÿ˜ณ

need your views & comments

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hazelgirl thumbnail
i will still accept him ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
Sharila thumbnail
Of course I will go for it. If I have waited that long for my dream man, I will accept him with the kid because I will love him with everything he got.
Willows thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

Can you marry a lady or a guy who already has a kid?

You're single, never married.  You've almost given up on falling in love. Out of the blues, you meet this great dude/babe.  Everything checks out.  He/she has everything u've ever wanted in a partner.  There is great mutual affection.

One day your partner told you that there is something you have to know. He/she has a kid. He/she loves the kid so much. If you want him/her, you have to also want the kid. You want this person. You're concerned about the kid. What will you do ๐Ÿ˜ณ

need your views & comments

Well i believe i would be shattered and feel absolutely cheated for i believe marriage is an institution based on truth, if the foundation is on a lie, then the relationship would shake once the lie is out, i would be devastated personally and it would be difficult for me to reconcile to such a thing, regarding the child it would be a different issue altogether, very honestly i would have nothing to do with the person who has cheated me and to adopt his child would be being magnamous and a looser at the same time.

Though the child is not responsible, it is important to note that the child is of the person of whom i loved and who cheated me, hence when i have nothing to do the partner, pouring emotions on his / her child would be abnormal or a further mistake, for the link with the partner would remain through the child.

I would cut off all the relations with such a person.

hazelgirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: Willows

Well i believe i would be shattered and feel absolutely cheated for i believe marriage is an institution based on truth, if the foundation is on a lie, then the relationship would shake once the lie is out, i would be devastated personally and it would be difficult for me to reconcile to such a thing, regarding the child it would be a different issue altogether, very honestly i would have nothing to do with the person who has cheated me and to adopt his child would be being magnamous and a looser at the same time.

Though the child is not responsible, it is important to note that the child is of the person of whom i loved and who cheated me, hence when i have nothing to do the partner, pouring emotions on his / her child would be abnormal or a further mistake, for the link with the partner would remain through the child.

I would cut off all the relations with such a person.

first of she or he ddin't cheat...that person is honest enough to say that he or she has a child....and that also before marriage...

imagine if this thing he or she after marriage....

and if u truely love someone......u wnt back out.....

u shud respect the honesty๐Ÿ˜›

Willows thumbnail
Originally posted by: hazelgirl

first of she or he ddin't cheat...that person is honest enough to say that he or she has a child....and that also before marriage...

imagine if this thing he or she after marriage....

and if u truely love someone......u wnt back out.....

u shud respect the honesty๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ‘

I appreciate your views; i believe it would have been better if the concerned partner had told about the child before entering into a relationship.

honesty is a virtue which cannot be relative or subjective, if the person is honest then he/she should have told about the child/kid on the first day so as to enable the other partner take a rational decision devoid of affection and emotions, because he /she did not knew the facts and carried on the relationship, it may build stronger and stronger and then one day out of blue if the child is brought in the open, the immediate reaction would be cheating.... and this is way i would feel.

Kavith-2305 thumbnail
Yes he has not cheated me but still i will feel bad that he didnt tell it to me at the start.But my love towards him surely make me forget all those things and will accept him as my life partner
Willows thumbnail

Originally posted by: kavith_2305

Yes he has not cheated me but still i will feel bad that he didnt tell it to me at the start.But my love towards him surely make me forget all those things and will accept him as my life partner

well said kavita, but i am not as magnamous, or maybe i need to really be in that kind of situation and then would be able to really comment, for i believe love is blind and people who are in love,do things which they would normally not do.

Kavith-2305 thumbnail
If u really a love a person even if he is a criminal you will accept him as it is.....and will try to change him
Aparna_BD thumbnail
I agree with you Willows . As long as the point about the baby is clarified at the start of the relationship i have no problem accepting it . But i'd be worried if he told me this important truth once i am in the middle of the relationship . I will wonder how many more other important truth is he holding back .

As for his telling me at the start , i am most likely to accept the relationship with his baby .