TOI: Geeta bites the dust- Urvashi

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Geeta bites the dust: Urvashi Dholakia

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Apr 28, 2011, 12.00am IST

Urvashi Dholakia
Urvashi Dholakia and her co-actors shocked over the abrupt closure of the show 

Even a popular actor like Urvashi Dholakia cannot guarantee a long haul to a show. And it's curtains down for the show titled Geeta that airs at 6:30 pm and features her as Malini Yadav. 

The show, a high-budgeted one and only four months old, is all set to wrap up in the beginning of May. There is a buzz that another on-going early evening show Bhagonwali will occupy its time slot. The show though a hit in Bihar is still going to get axed due to channel's strategies. Informs a source, "All the actors on the show have been informed that the show will breathe its last on May 6. 

Coincidentally, it was launched on the same date in December last year. The show though was doing well for an early evening time slot, the channel still has decided to pull it off air." Both Sukesh Motwani, fiction head of the channel and Urvashi were unavailable for comment. Incidentally, Urvashi's boyfriend Anuj Sachdeva too is out of work after his show Bebo went off-air last month. Hope the couple use this rare opportunity to spend some quality time together. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

afghan33 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
zee tv people are bunch of idiots why would you end a show like that after 4 months because thats part of your strategy.. what strategy?? what is your strategy i don't get it and its lame i am mad right now... to me thats really pathetic.. don't end the shows zee tv just find a good script... what do you think???