TOI: Want to do both TV & Gujarati films-Leena

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Want to do both TV and Gujarati films 

Confesses actress Leena Jumani who wants to do television shows as well as Gujarati films 

Navya Malini 

Telly actress Leena Jumani,who is playing the lead in the prime time show Ganga Kii Dheej has just wrapped up the shoot for a Gujarati movie.Leenas first Gujarati movie was Mangal Desais Bhurabhai Metric Failed.While the actress was doing the movie,she got her big break in the Ekta Kapoor daily,Bandini where she played the role of the lead actress sister Khemi.And the kohl eyed beauty never looked back.After Bandini I got to do shows like Tere Liye and Koi Aane Ko Hai, says the light-eyed actress adding,In all my earlier shows,I was cast as second leads.Ganga Kii Dheej is my first show as a main lead and that too on a leading entertainment channel.That is why I am very excited about the show. 
At the same time,Leena,doesnt want to forgo any plum G-Town offers.I have done three Gujarati movies so far.And I have just finished shooting for my upcoming release titled Prem Nu Jaadu Mantar which is a love triangle set in the rural backdrop. 
So,is it the telly land or the G-Town that fascinates her I want to be part of both the industries.Because the experience of being associated with these industries is different, says Leena.
But she confesses her hectic schedule deters her from doing her bit of networking in the industry.I have not been able to interact with my co-actress during the shoot of the film.And have not been able to watch any new Gujarati movies.Whenever I come to Ahmedabad,I end up either shooting for films or spending time with family.

BIG DREAMS: Leena Jumani 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Vrinda- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
she is really very hard working