Return of the Angry Young Man - Nikhil Dwivedi

ammanakhan thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

He decided that he wanted to be an actor when he was 4 years old. He grew up on a certain kind of cinema that drew the passion in him. Amitabh Bachchan, the angry young man, was his favorite actor and he still is.

"I come from a very strict family and films for me were once in a blue moon, except when it was an Amitabh Bachchan film. That's the actor I grew up on. I am an actor today because of Amitabh Bachchan. I've grown up watching his films."

Mili is one of the most under rated performances he has and will ever give to Hindi films. That was when he played the angry young man for the first time in his life. Whenever he has played the angry young man, he had a lot of vendetta and angst against a particular person in the film. There have been only three films that come to my mind where he had this bitterness against the whole wide world. It's a very difficult emotion to play but only he can pull it off. He did it in Mili, followed it in Deewar and then finally he did it in Agneepath."

Nikhil finally got his chance of playing the angry young man opposite Abhishek Bachchan, in the movie Raavan for which he won accolades from the audience. His next movie Shor In The City is lined up for release on the 28th of April where he again plays the angry young man.

The promos and songs have already created a Shor with "all the best" messages pouring in on his twitter handle. All the best to him!