pak. thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

She earned a lot of acclaim for her performance as Mumtaz in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai (OUATIM) last year. However, Prachi Desai has been missing from the big screen. "First, I took time off for a holiday to Melbourne, where my sister is studying. Then I got occupied with my next film with

Rajeev Khandelwal," informs the actor who was recently signed on as John Abraham's leading lady in debutant director Kapil Sharma's forthcoming movie.

The title of the love story with Rajeev is to be finalised, as the original, Main Joker, is very similar to Shirish Kunder's Joker, which stars Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha.

While one would expect her to follow up with a more saleable actor after a successful OUATIM, she's quick to defend Rajeev despite a lull in the actor's career post his big screen debut, Aamir (2008). "The industry is unfair and unforgiving," she says, adding that Rajeev has a huge fan following.

Since both the actors made their Bollywood debuts at the same time, Prachi explains how most newcomers have similar fates before making it big. "Imran Khan came in the same year. Even he had flops. He has star status that Rajeev may not have, but he did a fantastic job in Aamir," she says. Even though Rajeev's Peter Gaya Kaam Sey is yet to see the light of day, Prachi says, "Sometimes actors have no control over certain situations."

On a different note, even though some of her films have done well she says life hasn't changed much. "When you're an outsider, that label remains for life," she says, quickly adding, "But some people like Madhuri Dixit and Vidya Balan can keep inspiring you." For now, she's excited about her new film with John, which will be produced by Goldie Behl. "It's one of the best roles I've played. No director has explored this side of me, so I'm really looking forward to it," she says

'Even Imran had flops'?
...........................................................................................................................................................................................

prachi of Joker 😊😊
...........................................................................................................................................................................................

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spiriT20 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome photo of PD and article.

Hope all she is working so hard for comes to her ten fold and more.Happy Happy Smiley

Thanks sweet prachi.😛

pak. thumbnail

Originally posted by: spiriT20

Awesome photo of PD and article.

Hope all she is working so hard for comes to her ten fold and more.Happy Happy Smiley

Thanks sweet prachi.😛

Welcome and thanks

prachi desai fun culb i hop yo like everyone

😉😉
Edited by sweeti.prachi - 13 years ago
JasminBhasinFan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot. And wishing Prachi all the very best
kooliio thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4