|OS| Reh Jaane Do // PremHeer

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
So I'm not sure if we're allowed to post OneShot's here on the forum anymore but I'm going to do it just this one. I've had this idea in my head since last night so I thought I'd give it a try. Lemme know what you guys think? :)
~~~~~~~~~
Prem watched from the top of the staircase. The preparations for Heer's marriage were underway. Chahat stood in the corner of the large room, a pout on her face watching her mother laughing with the other women in the room.

Prem caught her eye and without another word she ran up the stairs into his arms. "Papa!"

It had been three months since Geet had called off their engagement. Geet had known that Heer and Prem loved each other and she had left in hopes of them getting together once she was gone. Things had changed though. Heer despite her obvious feelings for him had disappeared from their lives shortly after leaving Chahat with him knowing he would take care of her.

Heer had come back a month earlier, hand in hand with Siddharth Malhotra. He was a wealthy businessman that she had met while she was in Mumbai. Prem still wouldn't believe that Heer didn't love him anymore and had moved on. He knew she had sacrificed six years of her life to care and nurture for their daughter so for him there was no way that she could change now and marry someone else.

That was the one thing he believed in. No matter how bad things would get between them, no matter how many years would pass; they'd always love each other and only each other.

hasna yahi hai toh rona kya hota hai
paana yahi hai toh khona kya hota hai
inn lamhon ko inn baaton mein reh jaane do, reh jaane do

Chahat sniffed into his shoulder. "Maama aisa kyun kar rahi hai Papa?"

Prem smoothed down Chahat's hair and sighed wistfully. "Pata nahi beta. I just...don't know."

"Aap baat kyun nahi karte Maama se?" Chahat asked, pulling away from him, looking into his eyes.

Her big brown eyes questioned his honesty and he knew she'd understand what he'd tell her.

"I'm scared Chahat. Papa's scared."

He closed his arms tighter around his daughter and they both stood there atop the stairs while everyone below was having an enjoyable time. Such a contrast of emotions.

milna yahi hai toh bichhadana kya hota hai
jeena yahi hai toh marna kya hota hai
inn khwaabon ko inn aankhon mein reh jaane do
ho ho ho ho reh jaane do

"Prem."

He dropped the file he was holding hearing her voice.

The sun had set already and while everyone engaged in joyous celebrations he decided to lock himself in his office sure that no one would disturb him here.

"Kya?" He asked her without turning around. He wasn't sure how to face her. He knew his face would give away everything he felt at that moment. The pain and sadness of losing her without even getting her back.

The memories they shared in this house, this room six years ago didn't feel that way to him. Everything felt so vivid in his mind. He couldn't fathom how she didn't feel the same way.

"Tum neeche nahi aaye."

He scoffed quietly shaking his head. "Kyun aata Heer? Main neeche kyun aata? Tumhe kisi aur ke saath khush dekhne ke liye? Itna bara dil nahi hai mera."

He heard her sigh behind him and for a second his heart sank. He hadn't wanted to upset her. Despite all the pain she was unleashing on him; he never intended to hurt her that way.

hai sabhi par kuchh nahi, hai yahi har zindagi
hai waqt kam keh jaane do, kuch hi bacha hai reh jaane do
ghum bhi khushi ko yeh chupake se kehta hai

"Prem..aise mat kaho."

"Toh phir kaise Heer?" He turned around and faced her for the first time since she had come back.

He had never been alone with her since then and now that they were he had no shields to protect himself from her.

She could see the pain visible in his eyes, even in the way he stood now. His body was shrugged over in hurt and it was hurt she caused him.

They looked into each other's eyes and for a moment Prem thought he saw a glimmer of love in hers until it was gone; replaced once more with the cold exterior she had been showing him from the start.

jaana yuun hi tha toh aana kyun hota hai
in saanson ko inn yaadon mein bas jaane do
ho ho ho ho reh jaane do

"Tum wapas kyun aayi thi Heer? Wapas hi kyun aayi?" He looked away from her, unable to conceal the hurt any longer.

She sighed. "Chahat. Chahat ko dekhne ke liye Prem. Humari beti hi mera sahara tha in che saalon ke liye aur jab main usse chod ke.."

"Tum gayi hi kyun usse chod ke?" Prem demanded his tone laced with anger.

"Mujhe jaana tha." Heer whispered in a quiet tone. "I had to...waise bhi tumhe kya lagta tha? Geet chali gayi to main wapas aajaongi tumhari zindagi mein? Is ghar mein?"

Prem faced her again. "Haan. Mujhe aisa hi laga tha."

Heer didn't know how to react to that suddenly. Prem had just told her something she was dying to hear. Something she ached to hear. And now it was too late. Her marriage was tomorrow and Prem had all month to tell her this but he had chosen this moment. This exact moment.

"Tum jhooth bol rahe ho." Heer said shaking her head. "Tum—tumne aisa kabhi nahi kaha tha."

"Kabhi kabhi kuch baatein kehne ki zarooraat nahi hoti Heer." Prem said softly.

He closed the distance between them in a few short steps. His hands were slowly reaching for hers but she was too stunned to back away. His eyes were conveying everything to her now. Everything she had ached for. Everything she had hoped for.

mushkil hai jeena magar, jeena toh hota hai
rukna kismat hai agar badhna bhi hota hai
inn yaadon ko inn aankhon se beh jaane do
o o o o beh jaane do, reh jaane do o o o, reh jaane do

"Tum jab wapas aayi..mujhe laga ke tum mere liye aayi thi Heer."

"Tum ek baar keh nahi sakthe the Prem? Ek baar bhi nahi?" She said, her eyes filling with tears.

Prem opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. She was right. If only he had said something to her. If only he had told her what he felt. If only—things could go back to the way they were...

He watched her back away from him, his eyes on her one last time.

Heer ab Prem ka prateek nahi hai aur aage se Prem kabhi Heer main nahi samayaga...unki kahani aaj se khatam.

Their story was finished...forever.

reh jaane do

~~~~~~
Hope you all liked it!
Meera😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
MEE. you made me cry. PremHeer made me cry. This was so sad, so beautiful. :( you need to write a happy/crazy shot soon to make me un-sad.

[yes, I know un-sad is not a word. so? :P]

but I am so glad you're writing again! 
P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Meera Yes we are allowed to post one-shot / FF
since the forum is still open lol
--------------

Omg after long time i am reading a OS frm you-
I so loved it-but it's tooo emotional-very emotional-
Very Well Written-but i luv it
and u included chahat too Awww So sweet & cute .
Luv it
thanks for pm
-----
isomers thumbnail
your writing again? :O woohoo!
I should say I don't like this shot because PH are going their own ways but I loveee it! It's all so sad yet so very beautiful. Both of them hiding their feelings from one another and whatnot. I feel like smacking them and giving a bear hug at the same time. /:

I love your writing. The whole concept of adding lyrics into the story is amazing. (:

-Nitya

p.s. I agree with Radz, you should write more happy ones and make us all "un-sad".
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^^ Nitya, do you have MSN? I miss talking to you!
isomers thumbnail
^ yes I do! Hold up, I'll PM you my id.

and I miss talking to you as well! ):

Edited by -Nitya- - 13 years ago
rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
You're allowed😎

Me will reserve this cuz right now my hands are cold =/
-Garima- thumbnail