Sushant: I am living my dream

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

You are indeed versatile. After wowing everyone with dancing and acting abilities, now we hear you have a passion for direction as well and even assisted director Mohit Suri in Raaz 2.
Though I would have liked but I didn't assist him all through the film but mainly worked for the pre-production and a bit after that. I got Balaji's acting offer for Pavitra Rishta, so I opted out. I love the craft of film making and I am directing three movies.

Three movies… tell us more?
They are three short films for national and international film festivals. I will direct all three but act in the last two only. The first one will be shot in a month and is called Ignored Decibel. This 20 minute film is based on schizophrenia. The second one is written by my friend from NSD and is a dark, abstract love story with poetic sentiment called Subway. And the third is a story based on a Stephen King novel.

You had plans to go to the US to pursue a film-making course as well.
Yes I do want to do that but it won't happen soon- maybe next year. I plan to go to the US for a film-making course at UCLA and at the New York Film Academy. I even got a call from the NYFA last year but I couldn't leave Pavitra Rishta. Yes I do want to do that but it won't happen soon- maybe next year.

Have you received three film offers from big production houses?  
I have got offers but I haven't decided on anything so no comments on them for now.

Doing a dance show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa and a daily soap must have been tough. Did you enjoy the hectic schedule? Did you get any time for yourself?
I was an engineering student. I have done plays and now tv serials. I can't complain as I am living my dream. Even if I work 22 hours a day, I am happy. I enjoy my work and take pleasure in it.

What is dance for you?
It is my passion, in my blood and my love. I can do anything for dance and any and every form of dance inspires, excites and lifts my spirit.

What is the best compliment you got for your dancing in Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa?
There were two of them. Shamiak [Davar] told me – no matter what the final result is, you are a winner for me and Madhuriji [Dixit] said- is there anything you can't do. I treasure these compliments. I enjoyed Jhalak totally.

Which one was your best performance?
I love my first dance performance as it was technically correct even if I scored low. The flamingo dance too was technically very good. The Chau dance, and performance on Madhuri's Ore piya are closest to my heart.

Who would you give the credit of Pavitra Rishta's success?
The simple story, the relatable characters, great actors – all combined make Pavitra Rishta work.

What are similarities between Sushant and Manav?
None. I am not like Manav at all. I am opposite of Manav. Infact playing Manav is affecting me in a way that now I have started thinking and behaving like him in real life.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Sushant-I-am-living-my-dream&aid=2688

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Niveditha,
Thank you for this post. I always like to hear directly from, or read actors' personal views, as I'm able to get to know the real person behind the acting. These were great questions and fantastic answers from Sushant. It's always good to know what they really think. Sushant is an amazing person and actor. I wish him all the best for the future.
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the article..

he is such a workalcholic which is a good thing but sometimes u need to take care of urself also πŸ˜‰  

but his short films sounds great..waiting for dere release..

ATB sushant πŸ‘πŸΌ
..Sonii.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks, Noted, I would wish to see his movies but we mostly dont get access to documentaries.....
Hope you get to do more and more what you love to do
ATB for that...πŸ‘πŸΌ

There were two of them. Shamiak [Davar] told me – no matter what the final result is, you are a winner for me and Madhuriji [Dixit] said- is there anything you can't do. I treasure these compliments. I enjoyed Jhalak totally.

Aur main faltu mein tension le rahi thi, glad he has turned everything into a positive way, thats the way, Man πŸ˜Ž
Keep up hard work, appreciation will come along...
shootingstar27 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting πŸ˜›

His short stories sound really interesting.Hope he wins awards for them. 
Wonder which aspects of Manav has he adapted in real life πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
dew_drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great answers by pumpkin pie. The questions are getting repetitive!
He is in high spirits these days. He shud be coz everyone feels he IS the winner of JDJ eventhough the results say otherwise.

He sometimes thinks like Manav..? Sush + Mannu.. PERFECTO! 😍
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
ah , so shaimak did call him up and speak to him personally πŸ˜ƒ... must have made him feel really happy !!
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shootingstar27

Thanks for posting πŸ˜›

His short stories sound really interesting.Hope he wins awards for them. 
Wonder which aspects of Manav has he adapted in real life πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Falling in love with a certain someone??? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

I agree about the short stories. All three sound interesting, but 'Ignored Decibels' seems most interesting. If he is enacting a patient of schizophrenia, it will be a challenge as an actor. Based on how he did the horror act in Jhalak, I think he can do a good job.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by nikitagmc - 13 years ago
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hmm .. so i am assuming , his horror act in jhalak was based on subway ?

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
What is the best compliment you got for your dancing in Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa?

Wow, nice to know he is still in contact with Shiamak.. I read Shiamak's comment where he said that Sushant was the best in JDJ and deserved to win... also he praised Sushant a lot saying he is very hardworking and passionate etc. Shiamak came on DID too.. to support his student Marzi... nice guy!!

Sushant is such a positive guy! He loved Jhalak cos of dance Ankita and Madhuri. Give him a stage and he will dance anywhere... this guy loves dancing so much!!!

Which one was your best performance?
I love my first dance performance as it was technically correct even if I scored low. The flamingo dance too was technically very good. The Chau dance, and performance on Madhuri's Ore piya are closest to my heart.

Haaiiin... first dance??? Okay, I was not expecting this.... that was personally my least favourite... but the rest three I liked.... he was very graceful in Flamingo (is it flamingo or flamenco???).... Chhau and ORe pya were simply fabulous... as Mona used to say..... WOWEST and AWESOMEST performance.... πŸ˜†