Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Dilwale. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

hey girls! interesting discussion! 

KT and YM are good actors and that i think is more or less an established fact by now. why and what one likes in an actor is purely an individualistic trait i believe. i have said this many times before also that i appreciate yasharan best when they are understated and spontaneous. but then again that is what i mostly look for in actors. everyone might not feel the same way. so keeping my priorities in an actor in mind, the only scene i enjoyed yesterday was the last bedroom scene between shanak. and my liking for that scene is purely based on how KT and YM acted it out (otherwise it was strictly ok). they were immensely natural and fluid there, which i am sorry to say in the rest of the episode they were not. again this is only my POV. 

@Manita

hey! agree the pregnancy thing is going a bit far aur abhi tu delivery bhi rehti hai. anyways, in reply to your post, i feel the way shaan stated his fears was not done seriously enough. he said those things in a drift, so one couldn't be really sure whether he actually meant what he was saying or was this just another way to convince khanak of not becoming pregnant. btw, why does shaan think that he can scare khanak this way? i mean every woman knows giving birth is no piece of cake but i don't see the world population becoming stagnant because of that. people are having kids left and right. i think it's more silly than funny and i wish they would wrap it up soon.

@vandu

hey! nice analysis! as honest as ever! lol!

the thing about comedy is that it can go from classy to OTT and slapstick in a jiffy and i think that's what's happening with this role reversal/fake pregnancy issue. it's not like RBO can't do classy comedy. only yesterday, they proved it by showing us the hilarious cricket scene. now it was a bit much that khanak was arrogant about cricket, but the way it was written, presented, acted and executed is what made it funny without being cheesy. it made you laugh, exactly what a good comedy scene should do. if it sets you thinking rather than like today's episode did without tickling your funny bone whatsoever, then there is something seriously wrong with that kindda comedy.

i am off to give my exam in a bit. couldn't stand revising one bit anymore lol so dropped in here for a bit! see you around! adios! 

Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
aditee thumbnail
Hope Shaan wont appear pregnant in the Holi episode๐Ÿ˜ญ

That would be a complete let down

I dont care who is right or who is wrong here.

this is the first time we are getting to watch a Hindu Holiday on RBO

I dont want it to be ruined by the pregnancy inanity
saaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Holi episode...frankly i think we have got to adopt a low expectation thing....especially after all that hype mr or ms. creative 1 has created here....

I am having zero hopes...
simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Accha lagta hai jo koi holi nahin khel raha, yahaan atak gaya hai!!

Hey guys!!:)
saaaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: simiv

Accha lagta hai jo koi holi nahin khel raha, yahaan atak gaya hai!!

Hey guys!!:)

Hey simi..wassup...kaisi hai re tu...I have MOTW duties to attend....lekin tu bol...I am going for a holi thing tomorrow afternoon US time..
simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Kya boloon yaar!!

MOTW!! I was reading yr responses!! You are too funny!!! ROFL!!!

Main to atki hoon in Denver! Yahaan to holi ka namo nishaan nahin hai!! But good clime..  Have fun!!

Main to vivaldi ke mood main atki hoon!LOL
saaaz thumbnail
@Zennn,...generally agreed with most of your analysis except this one

, i feel the way shaan stated his fears was not done seriously enough. he said those things in a drift, so one couldn't be really sure whether he actually meant what he was saying or was this just another way to convince khanak of not becoming pregnant.

..I actually thought the CVS bungled up big time by not giving Khanak a response that would actually made this scene the most pivotal in this whole track.,,lines that would show her sensitive and considerate nature...true to her character...Shaan laid it out all there...I think Shilpa said it very well here....he states he is scared, he has no career, he is afraid she will not pay attention to him and afraid for her....jeez how much more serious than that?

Anyways...more importantly missy,,,,you should be studying and all the best for your exams...
Edited by saaaz - 13 years ago
.Dilwale. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@saaz

hey sazzy! thanks for the wish re par thora late ho gaya. mein tu exam de kar aa bhi gayi! Lol! ๐Ÿ˜†

as regards to your post. firstly yaar, i never said that shaan's fears are not a big deal for him. i said theway they were stated was not serious. it was done in the middle of all the fake pregnancy fiasco and so didn't have the impact it could or should have created. I am speaking for myself here.

Secondly, coming to shaan's 'fears'. i FEAR that they are not very convincing lol.

Fear no. 1: 'i am not yet settled': then why don't they show him doing something about it instead of him watching birth documentaries with his mates and coming up with elaborate plans to scare his wife of pregnancy.

Fear no. 2 and 3: 'what if something happens to khanak' and 'she won't pay me attention': sweet but not strong enough reasons. shaan's character is not THAT immature yaar. he's not. and the fear of losing khanak or her attention would always accompany a prospective pregnancy, tu does that mean that shanak should never get pregnant.

Fear no. 4: 'i am scared': Now that's a genuine reason because every guy or even girl is scared before becoming a parent, irrespective of their age.

I think the reason we might be rooting for shaan stems from the fact that we don't want a shank baby yet lol. if we'd felt otherwise, perhaps our thoughts would have been different? I am the last person who wants to see shanak have a baby right now and i know they won't but i guess i can see where both shaan and khanak are coming from and not just either one. and yes the CVs did bungle up, but not because they didn't show khanak understanding shaan's POV and agreeing to his some genuine and some silly reasons, but because they did not show her putting her POV forward. her reasons for wanting to become a mom as opposed to shaan's fears. only then that scene would have truly been the highlight of this track.

anyways yaar, it doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong anymore, i just wish the CVs would wrap up this track and move on to holi.

chal yaar. me dead tired. was up all night studying. am gonna go take a nap. byeee!Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: aditee

Hope Shaan wont appear pregnant in the Holi episode๐Ÿ˜ญ

That would be a complete let down

I dont care who is right or who is wrong here.

this is the first time we are getting to watch a Hindu Holiday on RBO

I dont want it to be ruined by the pregnancy inanity

Bold-Would be a disaster.I don't mind even seeing a serious Shan but seeing him in this preggy avatar would be disastrous.I am afraid now to actually hope for anything.Today would be a filler right and hope so too cos I don't want them to waste half the time on this delivery thing and half on holi and all.

Saaz-I loved Shan's dialogues that he is insecure,dependent and scared for her and all,I hoped to see some sort of compassion on Khanak's face,but she tho brushed away his fears as if they are nothing.How much more candid can a guy like Shantanu get!I am defending him yes,but that one scene made me feel really bad for him!And didn't Khanak say in that shakkar episode,that even grown-ups are scared?I think the CV's were so involved in providing comedy that they forgot how to address his fears when he mentioned them and if so they shouldn't have shown that yesterday.Any ways,these last few episodes doesn't seem connected to the story at all.
Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 13 years ago
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I dont think they will show shaan as pregnant during holi  

i think he took off that pillow yesterday...  for holi episode only ๐Ÿ˜Š

bTW those who are telling shaan needs to feel secure about his wife / family before start planning for babies

I have a simple question to ask  he is married and he is  very fond of having physical intimacy( read the right 3 letter word for it)  with his wife khanak
I

n that case is he not old enough to understand physical intimacy can result in pregnancy.

.so he should have thought of this all along..  and like some one  like karishma said if really

khanak was pregnant then what would he do?

Plus he is not giving any time frame to khanak as to how much time he would take.to

.So what is all this vagueness from his side