Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Happy birthday Kat bro. Hope all well up there. Thanks summer for this topic. Some lines from a poem (taken from Iqbal lol).

aata hai yaad mujh ko guzra hua zamaana
woh baagh ki baharein, woh sab ka cheh chahana

lagti hai chot dil par, aata hai yaad jis dum
shabnam ke aasuoon par, kaliyon ka muskurana

Edited by K-A-L - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks King ji. Lovely lines.
Ah memories ....
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

The question we often ask is why this creation and what is the purpose? Some say it is an expression of God's love and some say there is no reason. Life should be appreciated but we should not get carried away. Life can be most beautiful if properly understood.
Partings and good byes are part n parcel I guess just like sunsets.

It's to make us better souls. We come here to learn lessons we cannot learn anywhere else. There are other galaxies and planets and spirits exist there too, but we come here because we have to learn things here in human form.
Summer3 thumbnail
It is said that from a human we can quickly move upwards and gain enlightenment which even angels may not be able to achieve. But it is all a mystery and things become clearer as we move ahead. Pointless to argue without even taking the first few steps. Fortunately there are many enlightened souls living among us.

Also there are several spirits etc too
Perhaps some aliens are only time travellers who move in and out. Possibilities are unending.Edited by Summer3 - 13 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Yes, when the spirit is given a human body, it has powers that other spirits do not have. They can really grow and become a better spirit or even a bad spirit. Just depends on the choices you make in your life. Some is predestined but much of it has to do with how the spirit chooses to live. Some spirits get very attached to this world, and they are not able to fully grow. Some spirits get very distracted and fall pray to bad things and do a lot of harm to others and themselves. It's all very complicated and hard to put in words. Most of us I think do not live to our fullest potential because we become satisfied with a particular way of living and thinking. It's not a bad thing, but I think it's always good to keep an open mind to new things.

There are spirits just sent down as spirits, and sometimes they have to observe someone else who is living as a human's life. They do not have any powers, but they must learn lessons as an outsider. Some spirits are sent down to guide others too. There is such a thing as a guardian angel! 

Some spirits are very spiritually high, and they come here in human form by choice. It is to guide the rest of us and help us. They give us hope and show us what we really need to be working at as human beings. I'm blessed to have met the people I have met who are like that. Some have even died, and I feel like I did not learn from them what I was supposed to learn, but perhaps the timing was not right. There will other spirits coming into my life too, so there's always room for groW*H.

Each person you are connected with is for a reason, and we have to find that reason. Sometimes I meet people and wonder why did I ever meet someone like that, then later in life I see they helped learn a lesson for the future. Life is a cycle, and we all go through to become a better soul. An analogy in a book I read talked about our spirit like a diamond. We have to keep coming back here in different forms and different scenarios to make our souls brighter and purer. 

My goodness! I wrote a TON! 🤣 I actually have more to write, but I think I should stop. Don't want to bore you. 😆
Summer3 thumbnail
Ah well said Sister ji.
Sooner or later we have to take steps in spirituality n it is a wonderful feeling. A balance is needed in life to move forward.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Yes, like the Chinese Yin Yang. Balance is important.
Summer3 thumbnail

Buddha emphasised that we should not overdo things or else the  strings will snap. Not too tight and not too loose was best, the middle path.

He said depriving the body of food and overfasting was not the way too.

Summer3 thumbnail

The darkest hour is before Dawn

tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Buddha emphasised that we should not overdo things or else the  strings will snap. Not too tight and not too loose was best, the middle path.

He said depriving the body of food and overfasting was not the way too.

This what our Gurus say too. Everything will happen according to the course of Time. Yeah, even they do not recommend fasting, but they say you should not eat meat, drink, or do drugs. I think it's because these are toxins for the mind. Oh and garlic and onions in food should not be eaten too, but I don't know why. I eat garlic and onions and eggs too in my food except on Satsang day. ðŸ˜† I guess these things make the food taste good and make you addicted to eating or something. I don't really know. ðŸ˜† They also do say if you really have desire to do something in your heart, you should do it. Like for example if you enjoy eating meat, it's fine. When the right time comes, I think people do give it up. I used to eat meat when I was younger, but now I have not eaten meat since the age of 8. I think They are right.