sanaa_s thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

While Chang is elated, Sushant Singh, who was adjudged "best performer of the week" 10 times and scored a perfect 30 out of 30 eight times doesn't know what more he could have done to win Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.

Three weeks before the finale, Sushant didn't perform because of a back injury. The following week, he was put in the danger zone and had a face-off with Yana Gupta. Instead of choosing one, the jury voted for both because they deserved to be in the finale.

In spite of all this, Sushant lost to a non-dancer. Does he think the channel favoured Chang over him and Yana? "I really don't know why I lost. But in the final week the buzz was that Chang was everyone's favourite," he reveals.

"Someone told me that the show was about a non-dancer making it to the victory post. If that was the case then what was I doing on the show?" he asks."

Jhalak was not an easy show for him to do. "I am a trained Jazz dancer but I decided to do the show because I wanted to try out other forms of dance and come out of my comfort zone," he adds.

Lack of time was a major issue with him. "I used to shoot for Pavitra Rishta for 12 hours and rehearse at night. Yet I scored a perfect score eight out of 12 times. Wasn't that good enough? It was my dream to win, but I lost and only ended up being a spotless performer," he says dejectedly.

Edited by sushi_anki - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awwww... sushant is my rockstar... dont worry, be happy.. he showed his talent, his personality, gave anki a proposal that she wont ever forget. the rest can be chalked upto fate...

btw. any news on how his injury is comin along?
sanaa_s thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
dont know abt his injury but do watch holi spl on 18th march both of thm look super hot in yellow ðŸ˜Š
i agree.. they both look HOT... 
chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah I really don't know why Jhalak allowed trained dancers on the show if the whole point of the show is for non-trained dancers ðŸ˜• I feel real bad for Sushant that he did not win, coz he really worked hard.....Even Yana broke her bones for the show....

adotsharma thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
might as well name the show dancing with non dancers rather than dancing with the stars!
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The interview is so sad. Sushant must be really depressed.

The best part of the interview for me is that he DID NOT blame the channel or say that the show was fixed. He simply said that he doesn't know. He also said that in the last few weeks it was looking as if Chang was everyone's (audience/popular opinion) favourite as he was getting votes and support. I'm so proud that he did not emerge as a case of sour grapes.by saying that Chang's victory was rigged.

Also I read the TB article where he said that he is happy for Chang. Good boy!

No problem Sush! Knowledge gained NEVER goes down the drain. What you have learned on Jhalak, performed on Jhalak, shall not only stay in our hearts, but shall also help you later in life.

ByteMe thumbnail
Aww Sushant dont be dejected.

You did Amazing and impressed everyone, you set a really high bar for Jhalak that no one has and I dont see anyone touching for a long time to come.

Yet, your fans also everything, I mean you did get the most votes too..

However, Satta bazaar and Sony and Money just came into all this.. 

And besides I think almost everyone knows that Sushant not only deserved (as in being the best on the show) yet even the Audience voted for him the most, yet Sony wanted to make some extra money and gave it away to chang.. tsk tsk.. 

I feel bad for chang, it sucks to win something when you know you didnt deserve it in any way.. Bah!!

Whatever I gonna miss Jhalak, no more Visual treats!! ðŸ˜­
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
"A man may fall many times, but he won't be a failure until he says that someone pushed him."
Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Aww.

I agree with NIkita...one thing really nice about this interview is that he doesn't sound bitter. He not shouting "rigged!" or creating a fuss. It's more disappointed and slightly baffled in some sense. I feel sad for both him as well as Shampa. And he has a point...if they wanted a non-dancer to win, why did they have him on the show at all? 😳

Don't be sad, Sushant. You and Shampa have rightfully earned a place for yourself in Jhalak history of a kind it's going to be very difficult for anyone to parallel in a long time to come. For real. And I know there are many, like me, who will no longer be able to think of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa without thinking of you two.

All the best to you for everything, and God bless. 🤗
Edited by nandinidev - 13 years ago