Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: viprakshi

really very nice misti..

Thank you Viprakshi.😃
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Misti, what is this Gendva phool...Have read so many times in your and others,  posts....May be you will think me tube light but any way wanted to know....

Neerja,  Don't feel like a tube light.  This is probably prior to your joining the forum.  Misti used to have funniest scripts on Gendwa phool that was first shown in CB1 after the burning track.  Amma got bitten by snakes, chased by the bulls and got burnt as a punishment by Kanha.  Then, the burnt Radhika used gendwa phool (given by Kanha after her argument with him about not punishing Amma) to cure her.  Then, the next use was to cure Radhika from the poison given by chief Mahant.  

So Misti made him a character of CB1 and it has now made its entrance in CB2.  Actually, now that i think about it, it made its entrace in RP puja.  But it(gendwa phool) became a character only in Misti's comic stuff once it was used to cure Amma.  You can go to Misti's earlier posts to read those scripts.  They are hilarious.
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Misti, what is this Gendva phool...Have read so many times in your and others,  posts....May be you will think me tube light but any way wanted to know....

Gendwa phool is marigold, the flower that falls in Radhikas hand in the temple........Gendwa phool is the hindi name of that flower. Its basically a joke at my expense.😉........In CB1 they showed Radhika taking a gendwa phool and curing ammas warts and boils and then later on they showed gendwa phool nicely rolling down to Radhika whe she had swaloowed the poison in the Mother Of India episode....... so I had protested that they are torturing poor gendwaphool and that joke is still continuing.😉😃
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: why3

Neerja,  Don't feel like a tube light.  This is probably prior to your joining the forum.  Misti used to have funniest scripts on Gendwa phool that was first shown in CB1 after the burning track.  Amma got bitten by snakes, chased by the bulls and got burnt as a punishment by Kanha.  Then, the burnt Radhika used gendwa phool (given by Kanha after her argument with him about not punishing Amma) to cure her.  Then, the next use was to cure Radhika from the poison given by chief Mahant.  

So Misti made him a character of CB1 and it has now made its entrance in CB2.  Actually, now that i think about it, it made its entrace in RP puja.  But it(gendwa phool) became a character only in Misti's comic stuff once it was used to cure Amma.  You can go to Misti's earlier posts to read those scripts.  They are hilarious.

Angie now I get it.......the stones.............they are the friends of the stone that got stuck under the wheel when Dev pulling the chariot in CB1 and Radhika was pulling the plough........now I understand why they kept the stones in the boat and they made Dev into a scuptor.😃😃
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

Mondays Devs reaction was the only part that interested me and kept my hopes alive. I mean his reaction towards Viraath. His POV I am accepting for the time being but the creatives should get it in their heads that being innocent does not mean that one is foolish or idiot.........specially when one has been looking after the muth activities by himself. Also amma and Padma's POV are needed....otherwise the audience will lose interest in them...both are the two most interestig characters in PB and they should be looked after and not butchered. Both the characters are intelligent so they should show the doubts of both. Amma can choose to keep quietfor the time being because that was needed to keep Dev safe but she has to say that to the audience in a monolgue. 

Dev explained his reasoning regarding keeping silent in front of Viraath.  He also thinks of Maheswari as a good person because she takes care of his Dadaji and is now tolerant of him and even sides with him once in a while.  He doesn't know that she is using him.  My problem is more with how they introduced him. In chunnu munnu's world, innocence and goodness goes hand in hand with dumbness.  They dumbed down Radhika in CB1 at some points to the extent that she appeared cold and selfish.  They did it to Abhay and totally butchered Dev's character in the process.  My problem is that they can do it again.  I remember that they showed Abhay having an angry reaction to Katyani at one point in PB, but in the next episode they showed him a puppet of her where he was asking for forgiveness.  I don't want it to happen in CB1.  He should gradually realize that Maheswari is not a good person and there should not be a regression on that.  There should neither be a forgiveness by calling it Kanha's will as she tried to kill someone and has made that person's life miserable for more than 12 years.

But for now they need to show doubts of Padma and Amma even if it is in privacy of their own room.  Since they were not shown to be close to each other, they don't have to confide in each other.  But it should be shown.  I have a feeling that when Radhika starts having doubts about Maheswari, Amma would be the first one to believe her.  So there should be a reason for that trust in Radhika in Amma. Padma for now also should doubts but can keep silent because her son is being treated like a prince.

The way they handed Maheshwari is a big let down. I mean if they wanted to show her as cold, calm and manipulative then they should have done that from the beginning.......why show her as someone who is hot tempered, aggressive and rude.......who is an open book and then suddenly cold, calm manipulative with no slipping. Thats ridiculous...... 

Yeah, they are showing that suddenly Maheswari changed in one day after the accident.  Now she is tolerant of her husband and hides her response in subtle sarcasm that nobody understands.  Just not possible.  If Viraath can not control his jealousy and hot temper, how can Maheswari?  But they have decided to make her the manipulator and that is it.

I am waiting for the interaction of Chirkut, Viraath and Dev.......Virath is jealous of both Chirkuth and Dev........so will be interested in see him being pulled apart on the basis of this jealousy. I hope they do not make Dev like Radhika.......or Chirkut like Vishaka.....that will be repeatation. They cam let Chorkut taking Kabutarni on a wild goose chase and that might be fun to watch.

This interaction would move the story as Viraath's jealousy of both would make him do things that would hurt his mother's interests.  He would be like Chachunder who turned on his mother and sister when he realized that uniting Dev and Radhika was in his own interest.  Too bad that they never utilized that story and just used Kanika and Katyani's schemes to stretch the track.

I am desperately hoping two things regarding the holi episode...........one that Radhikas part is a dream of Devs and that the raunchy songs that are going to be perfomed should not be linked to Dev in any way......They can show Viraat getting those songs and Dev not being aware of it.....because if they show Dev being involved it will be dumbing him down. I want the falling in love to be slowly........Radhika will fall in love slowly as she meets him and then she will be pulled apart .....I mean this guy that she is in love with or attracted to and her Kish kanhaiya.......I want to see her in this "duwidha".....that might be  good acting oppurtunity for Rubina.........that can lead to loads of questions ........

I really hope they keep Dev out of it as they did for Radhika.  Their song was a dream song in CB1.  The raunchy numbers don't suit Dev's character as a serious artistic type.  It would be a terrible mismatch.  The falling in love should be gradual and they should Radhika's dilemma.

1) whom will she choose........the person who she has been told that she has got married to as a child or this guy with whom she has a connection?........

I hope they show Radhika choosing Dev even if she believes he is not Kishn Kanhiya.  That would suit the tagline and her character as she has chosen spiritual over the ritual.  This part would go with the story of real Radha who didn't care for society's norms.

2) why this connection?

3) Will she follow what someone told her or will she follow what her heart is telling her or  what her Kanha is telling her. I am taking Kanha as the God present in her..........in hinduism it is believed that there is God in each and every one of us........I am taking that God or Kanha as her instinct or heart.........while what has been told to her by the priest as her brain talking.   

It all will work out ok later or but want to see this travel and groW*H in Radhikas character,because inorder to be a good RPtian she needs to understand that one shouldn't listen to others views and form her opinions on those views....asking for guidance is ok, listening to others POV is also ok but at the end the decision that one takes should be ones own. .... 

Radhika of CB1 did that when she didn't listen to her mother and decided to stay back with Dev.  But there she did know that he was her husband.  So it was not a violation of her beliefs.  Here, she would take it as a real husband.  It would be a great track because there would be a resistance from her in the beginning as she fights with herself.  But then she gives in to her feelings.  But knowing these creatives, I am sure that they won't show it.  She would be shown meekly accepting Rohan's proposal and then will only go after Dev after she knows for sure that he is her husband.  

In order to show a proper groW*H of Radhika, the groW*H has to be in writers' thinking too.  I have little faith in these people who seem to be only interested in chasing TRPs and not much interested in showing a natural progression of a person.  Otherwise they can easily show a conflicted Radhika who even talks to Kanha about her dilemma.  She can have a vision of Kanha (Misti's version) where she is convinced by Kanha that what she feels in her heart is real and not something that happened accidently several years ago.

Finally, a word of praise for Chunnu Munnu.  Usually I don't do that, but they did a great job with Radhika's family.  I actually liked Shanti's view point because as a pragmatic person she would do what she did.  She cares about her daughter's future and for her that ritualistic marriage is meaningless.  Like Chenu too and looking forward to him tangling with Dev and Viraath and even Kabutarni.  

Also the boat scene was very beautiful especially with that song playing in the background.  It suited Radhika's character very well and actually fits your last scenario too where Radhika chooses Dev over her childhood beliefs.  

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Angie  Misti  thanks for  telling me your mystry of gendeva phool......  you both have done good analysis and what can be .... quite interesting, I agree with your point of view....It depends upon the writes how they use the ideas...Everybody wants them to fall in love gradually not in a fast lane, her sister is enough for that....As for Virat  he is like his mother of 12 years back,hot-tempered, impulsive,But with time Maheshwari has mellowed down as she is not answerable to anybody , has become cold operator, taking  care of RP lovingly ,Showering Rohan with love...Every thing is in place....Seen her kind of people who are so sweet and caring, but if do not like anything very sarcastically tell you again in sweet tone.... If the other person is seedha , would not understand the sarcasm....Creatives must  read your posts  this time...Whatever the suggestions,are betterment of the soap....
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

Angie now I get it.......the stones.............they are the friends of the stone that got stuck under the wheel when Dev pulling the chariot in CB1 and Radhika was pulling the plough........now I understand why they kept the stones in the boat and they made Dev into a scuptor.😃😃

Oh, I forgot about those two stones.  Hmm,  I like the use here better even though I liked it there too especially the second incident.  Dev had to argue with the chief mahant after that stone lifting incident.  Afterwards,  Mahant kind of gave up on Dev and would just agree to whatever he was saying.  He did the same with Radhika once she showed him the knife.  

Now that you reminded me of those scenes,  I have started missing the mahant in CB2.  The mahant with Viraath was too humble and too timid.  This phuljhari can take that old mahant quite easily.  This time he will be giving punishments to Dev instead since everything is reversed.  So, phuljhari can argue with him until he runs away.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 There was repeat and just saw the part where Virat was shouting  at Mahant  and while going back his wife also says few lines..Mahant,s  expressions were of displeasure....Do not remind me of CB1 ,s mahant,.he used to look sadist as if found pleasure in torturing the people.....Atleast this Mahant does not have devilish expressions but  there was suppressed anger.....I really have this major problem whenever there is any soulful melodious song specially old song is there Dev Radhika comes to mind, as just listening to Casablanca theme song then just this thought  struck....
misti73 thumbnail

Finally, a word of praise for Chunnu Munnu.  Usually I don't do that, but they did a great job with Radhika's family.  I actually liked Shanti's view point because as a pragmatic person she would do what she did.  She cares about her daughter's future and for her that ritualistic marriage is meaningless.  Like Chenu too and looking forward to him tangling with Dev and Viraath and even Kabutarni. 

Whoever has done the characterisation and screenplay of Radhikas family have done a good job. The characters have been true to themselves...........their POVs are clear to the audience and they are a bunch of interesting characters.

Also the boat scene was very beautiful especially with that song playing in the background.  It suited Radhika's character very well and actually fits your last scenario too where Radhika chooses Dev over her childhood beliefs. 

Yes.....

Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
misti73 thumbnail

Oh, I forgot about those two stones.  Hmm,  I like the use here better even though I liked it there too especially the second incident.  Dev had to argue with the chief mahant after that stone lifting incident.  Afterwards,  Mahant kind of gave up on Dev and would just agree to whatever he was saying.  He did the same with Radhika once she showed him the knife.  

Now that you reminded me of those scenes,  I have started missing the mahant in CB2.  The mahant with Viraath was too humble and too timid.  This phuljhari can take that old mahant quite easily.  This time he will be giving punishments to Dev instead since everything is reversed.  So, phuljhari can argue with him until he runs away.

I don't think that this mahant was too pleased with the shouting........his expression did not show that and I hope they use this incident to show that peopel are getting disgruntled with Viraats behaviour.....I mean they were irritated before but this showdown infront of others have angered them more.........that will be useful to irritate the badi bahu. The punishments will be definitely for Dev this time........😉