Sensational South

Srikanth loses oodles of weight for Nanban

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Srikanth

Actor Srikanth who is actually on full swing with Shankar's venture Nanban, appears to have gone in for a complete makeover having lost a lot of weight off late.The young hero is on rigid diet and hitting gym regularly to sport a young college student look.

Talking from the film's sets in Dehradhun, Srikanth says, "Director Shankar has given me a golden opportunity on a platter and I want to make full use of it. He wanted me to lose a lot of weight for the college student role which I am playing in Nanban. Shankar sir was clear that I should look very young. But he stressed that I shouldn't look tired on screen due to the long workout sessions. When I finally saw the outcome in pictures, I was very happy. This is exactly how I look on my driving license! For my role as a wildlife photographer, I will sport a different look."

Srikanth celebrated his birthday recently on the sets of Nanban. "Sentimentally, I think shooting on my birthday brings me luck. It was sweet of Shankar and the team to bring in a birthday cake for me. However, I was a little low because I was away from my family and my son, who also celebrated his birthday on the same day!"

He continues, "Vijay and Jiiva are such wonderful co-stars. I can't stop gushing about Shankar's sense of humour. He's got a serious face but manages to makes us laugh so much! We're currently gearing up to shoot the song, All is well…. Though the catch-phrase is the same, Harris sir has come out with a different tune. Shobi master is choreographing the number and Manoj is handling the camera. This song will have Shankar's touch!"

"The film will certainly give me a new lease of life in Kollywood.", he concludes.