Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: eraser

yeah okay like that's gonna happen ðŸ¤”. How much you wanna bet they'll take a fair skinned eye candy actress like Kareena or Katrina? 

Anything 😆
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
We Americans know darned well that our women like to see themSELVES reflected on the screen as beautiful.
The white thing won't sell here since we're a white majority country (as of now). I mean, big deal. If we want white it's easy as done to go the whole damned hog and get a real WHITE WOMAN.

I can see Scorsese going for Vidya since American women will like her and our men aren't afraid of a woman who looks 26(oh the HORROR!) as opposed to 21, or who looks as if she has accesible realistic beauty, wit and womanly sensuality. Vidya fits the bill nicely.

Lots of us are grownups without Northern European complexions so this could be good.
The more I think of this from the standpoint of what will sell in the states I can totally see Vidya.
Deepika is pretty much a creature of shock and awe her beauty is so off the charts but she could probably conquer the guys here without even trying. Priyanka...beautiful but a bit too glammy and stylized. She looks like a high maintenance type and our guys like girls they can get along with, not chicks who worry about their eyelashes and makeup and have little else to say.
While I don't think that's the real PC at all, that is her persona which could turn lots of women off and make men see her as just that...a Kardashian with an accent. Basically little more than a reality show girl and very down market.
Edited by youknowme - 13 years ago