Wish everybody a blessed Shivaratri!!!!
Savi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
happy MAHA SHIVRATRI to all
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@Parina di, awesome vm di! Loved it a lot! And thanks for posting the lyrics too! Helps so that I can read along as I watch!

@Vedo, wow, interesting stories that you posted! I came across a similar story on facebook about how Shivji manifested into a linga. I will post it as soon as I find it. And wow, the animated sigg is just gorgeous! Lol, I first thought that you got it from a website until I saw your name on it! So professional yaar!

@Lola di, Har Har Mahadev! Thanks for posting the vid from the Shiv Puraan! Nice to watch that! And yeah, loved your bhajans! They were so upbeat and all.

And hey I had a question for you and Parina di, how do you guys download the animated pics of the gods? I know you can't just cut and paste else the animation will go away.

And hey guys, I posted a vm and a sigg on my first post, please do watch! :D

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely creations and VMs, guys, you totally rocked them!👏 Will listen to them all and share my opinions once things calm down, hope you all have a blessed Shivratri with your family!🤗
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Enjoying this thread Soooo Much!! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

'Times of India' has been publishing many Special Articles in their newspaper these days, on the occasion of 'Shiva Ratri'. Just thought to share some of those with you all. Here is the 1st one:
(I have used 'Bolds' and 'Underlines' in those sentences which I really loved reading.)

It's Shivratri every day, by Shri Shri Ravi Shankar

(Here is the direct link of the article:

Shiva is where the mind dissolves. There is no need to go on long pilgrimages to find the Divine. 

Be established wherever you are. If you don't find God where you are, then it is not possible to find him elsewhere. The moment you are established, centered, you see that there is Divinity present everywhere. This is meditation. 

Shiva is Virupaksha -- one who is formless yet who sees all. We know there's air all around us; we can feel it. But what if the air also starts feeling us? Space is all around us, we identify space. But what if space also recognises and feels our presence? This happens. Only, we don't know it. Scientists know this and they call it the theory of relativity. The one who sees and that which is seen are both affected when seen. The formless Divine, Shiva, is all around you and is seeing you. He is the seer, sight and the seen. To wake-up and experience this Shiva tattva is Shivratri. 

Usually when there is celebration, awareness is lost. Deep rest in celebration with awareness is Shivratri. When you face some problem, you become aware and alert. We are at rest when everything is well; on Shivratri, we rest with awareness. It is said that a yogi remains awake when everybody else is sleeping. For a yogi, everyday is Shivratri. 

Adyantahinam, the One without beginning or end; Arvada -- He is Bholenath who is present everywhere, always. He is eternal. He is the fourth state of consciousness, the 'turiya avasta', the meditative state, that is beyond the waking, deep sleep and dream states. He is the non-dull consciousness that is present everywhere. That's why you have to dissolve yourself in Shiva to do Shiva puja. Being Shiva, you do Shiva puja. As Chidananda rupa, He is consciousness that is pure bliss. He is Tapo yoga gamya, one who can be known through tapa and yoga. 

The Shiva tattva can be experienced in knowledge of the Vedas. The state of 'Shivoham' (I am Shiva), 'Shiva kevaloham' (there is only Shiva) is attained. On Shivratri, experience a wave of joy and contentment. Without yoga, Shiva can't be experienced. Yoga doesn't mean only asanas or physical postures but the experience of the Shiva tattva through meditation and pranayam. 

Panchmukha, Panchtattva – there are five faces to Shiva: Water, air, earth, fire and space. Understanding these five elements is tattva gyana, knowledge of the five elements. Worshipping Shiva is dissolving in the Shiv tattva and then wishing for something good. Wish with a liberal heart for universal good; nobody should be unhappy in the world: 'Sarve janah sukhino bhavantu'. 

Divinity permeates everything on Earth. Puja is not complete without honouring trees, mountains, rivers, and people. Honouring everyone is Dakshina. Da means 'to give' and dakshina means 'giving something that will cleanse us of all impurities'. No puja is complete without dakshina. When we act in society with skill, free from distortions of mind, all negative tendencies such as anger, worries and sorrow are destroyed. Give away your tensions, worries and sorrows as dakshina. And how does that happen? With sadhana or spiritual practices, seva or service and satsang or company of truth. 

The tradition of Shivratri, of moving from many to one is so unique. Yoga and meditation is necessary for that. Without meditation, the mind is not calmed. Shiva is the cause of all causes.

Follow Guruji on speaking tree.in 

Follow us on Twitter for more stories

Debipriya thumbnail
And here is another Article on Lord Shiva:
(again, I have used 'Bolds' and 'Underlines' in those sentences which I loved reading)

The Glory Of Shiva

By Shri Shri Ananadamurti

(Here is the Direct Link of the Article:

Considering Shiva's unprecedented wisdom, His unique qualities of leadership, His unbounded love for human beings - in a word, His unsurpassed uniqueness in all aspects of life - spiritual aspirants realised that although Shiva was human in form, He was in fact none other than Brahmn on earth, or what is called Taraka Brahmn. This idea, that Shiva was Parama Purusha, dawned only vaguely upon us in earlier times but found its full expression some time afterwards.

Seekers began to realise that Brahmn is the composite form of Parama Purusha and Parama Prakrti; and Shiva was the crystallised manifestation of Brahmn. This idea was further developed and it took shape long afterwards, during the days of Jain Tantra, Buddhist Tantra and Shiva Tantra. People were then able to grasp the significance of Shiva Shaktyatmaka Brahmn - Brahmn is the composite of Shiva, or Purush and Shakti or Prakrti.

Each and every sadhaka realises, in the exalted state of spiritual realisation – "O Lord, You are One. You are witnessing everything as the Supreme Cognitive Principle, and You are also doing everything in the capacity of the Supreme Operative Principle. You are giving pain and misery to Your children with one hand, and with the other, You are wiping the tears from their eyes. On the one hand, You are chiding them in the harshest language, and on the other, You are drawing them close to You and showering Your love on them. You are one and the same Entity, but You express Yourself to both extremes - You are perfect in both ways. Your one role is complementary to the other."

In the inseparable relationship of Shiva and Shakti, Shiva is absolutely simple. Nowhere in His expressions is there any complexity. Even at the time of relating to Prakrti, He is very simple; He is not at all complex. He is discharging His duties in all fields of life, whether big or small, domestic or social, worldly or spiritual, without losing His simplicity. Even when He sets forth to get married, He is always His simple self. Thus Shiva was simple and straightforward in all respects. The greatest thing people should learn from Shiva is this sort of straightforwardness and simplicity, and along with that, there was no pomp and show in any aspect of Shiva's life.

Shiva, who had countless occult powers, before whom everyone bowed with bended knee, was completely indifferent to His powers. This greatness of Shiva was a distinct trait of His character. While some gods and goddesses wore various types of ornaments - some had crowns on their heads, some bangles on their wrists, earrings, gold-decorated girdles around their waists - Shiva had no ornaments. His ornaments were His followers, His devotees - the common people.

Followers of Shiva - mostly local people who were dark-skinned, the indigenous people - were called gana or mass of followers, in Sanskrit. These people were the ornaments of Shiva. They made up Shiva's family. His joys and sorrows, pleasures and pains centred round them. And Shiva's family meant the entire universe. All the persons of this universe, whether frustrated or joyful, educated or uneducated, devotees or opponents, were included in His family. No one was excluded, because all together made up Shiva's golden home in His thatched house. Who could be excluded? That is why Shiva was so close to the hearts of the common people. He belonged to one and all.

www.speakingtree.in
Join the world's first spiritual networking site to interact directly with masters and seekers.

...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Debi .... Just Love reading it ...........👏
making in red that i loved to read

Originally posted by: Debipriya

Enjoying this thread Soooo Much!! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

'Times of India' has been publishing many Special Articles in their newspaper these days, on the occasion of 'Shiva Ratri'. Just thought to share some of those with you all. Here is the 1st one:
(I have used 'Bolds' and 'Underlines' in those sentences which I really loved reading.)

It's Shivratri every day, by Shri Shri Ravi Shankar

(Here is the direct link of the article:

Shiva is where the mind dissolves. There is no need to go on long pilgrimages to find the Divine. 

Be established wherever you are. If you don't find God where you are, then it is not possible to find him elsewhere. The moment you are established, centered, you see that there is Divinity present everywhere. This is meditation. 

Shiva is Virupaksha -- one who is formless yet who sees all. We know there's air all around us; we can feel it. But what if the air also starts feeling us? Space is all around us, we identify space. But what if space also recognises and feels our presence? This happens. Only, we don't know it. Scientists know this and they call it the theory of relativity. The one who sees and that which is seen are both affected when seen. The formless Divine, Shiva, is all around you and is seeing you. He is the seer, sight and the seen. To wake-up and experience this Shiva tattva is Shivratri. 

Usually when there is celebration, awareness is lost. Deep rest in celebration with awareness is Shivratri. When you face some problem, you become aware and alert. We are at rest when everything is well; on Shivratri, we rest with awareness. It is said that a yogi remains awake when everybody else is sleeping. For a yogi, everyday is Shivratri. 

Adyantahinam, the One without beginning or end; Arvada -- He is Bholenath who is present everywhere, always. He is eternal. He is the fourth state of consciousness, the 'turiya avasta', the meditative state, that is beyond the waking, deep sleep and dream states. He is the non-dull consciousness that is present everywhere. That's why you have to dissolve yourself in Shiva to do Shiva puja. Being Shiva, you do Shiva puja. As Chidananda rupa, He is consciousness that is pure bliss. He is Tapo yoga gamya, one who can be known through tapa and yoga. 

The Shiva tattva can be experienced in knowledge of the Vedas. The state of 'Shivoham' (I am Shiva), 'Shiva kevaloham' (there is only Shiva) is attained. On Shivratri, experience a wave of joy and contentment. Without yoga, Shiva can't be experienced. Yoga doesn't mean only asanas or physical postures but the experience of the Shiva tattva through meditation and pranayam. 

Panchmukha, Panchtattva ' there are five faces to Shiva: Water, air, earth, fire and space. Understanding these five elements is tattva gyana, knowledge of the five elements. Worshipping Shiva is dissolving in the Shiv tattva and then wishing for something good. Wish with a liberal heart for universal good; nobody should be unhappy in the world: 'Sarve janah sukhino bhavantu'. 

Divinity permeates everything on Earth. Puja is not complete without honouring trees, mountains, rivers, and people. Honouring everyone is Dakshina. Da means 'to give' and dakshina means 'giving something that will cleanse us of all impurities'. No puja is complete without dakshina. When we act in society with skill, free from distortions of mind, all negative tendencies such as anger, worries and sorrow are destroyed. Give away your tensions, worries and sorrows as dakshina. And how does that happen? With sadhana or spiritual practices, seva or service and satsang or company of truth. 

The tradition of Shivratri, of moving from many to one is so unique. Yoga and meditation is necessary for that. Without meditation, the mind is not calmed. Shiva is the cause of all causes.

Follow Guruji on speaking tree.in 

Follow us on Twitter for more stories

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
_/\_
Prayer is the highest form of love. If love is the flower, then prayer is the fragrance. Love is visible, prayer is invisible. Love is between one person and another person, prayer is between one impersonal presence and the impersonal presence of the whole. Love is limited, prayer is unlimited. If you can pray, no other therapy is needed.
❤️ A Blessed Maha Shivratri to Everyone  ❤️
❤️ || Om Namah Shivaya || ❤️
❤️ God Bless U All  ❤️

~*~*~ God  ~*~*~

wallpaper size

simple avi
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you so much for posting these beautiful articles Debi di! I loved reading them so much! And some parts like when it said, that Shiva is like the air around us. We feel it, but unlike the air he feels us too. And that he acknowledges us so much. Also, when it said that his only ornaments are his followers. His family, us, I just felt so happy reading that. These articles are really so filled with bhakti.
Edited by AishuJSKfan - 13 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...PARiNA...

Thanks Debi .... Just Love reading it ...........👏
making in red that i loved to read

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Originally posted by: AishuJSKfan

Thank you so much for posting these beautiful articles Debi di! I loved reading them so much! And some parts like when it said, that Shiva is like the air around us. We feel it, but unlike the air he feels us too. And that he acknowledges us so much. Also, when it said that his only ornaments are his followers. His family, us, I just felt so happy reading that. These articles are really so filled with bhakti.

I am So Happy that you have read those two Articles and Loved them 😊. Was Feeling Blissful while going thr' them and then suddenly decided to share with you all...

@Pari, yes Dear, those are indeed Golden words, specially the Title- 'It's Shivaratri everyday'!! ⭐️... The way it explains about how we can actually 'wake up' to experience Shiva all around us- is just Wonderful!! I also Loved those lines you marked in Red.

@Aishu, Oh Dear, you have correctly expressed it...These articles are just 'filled with Bhakti' ⭐️... They make us 'See/ Feel/ Experience' Lord Shiva, teach us how to know Him better, how to 'Realise'  Him...