Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Wow di, they were truly divine vms! You chose such beautiful and serine pics of Shivji and such soothing and devotional songs! I love your work! And the effects on the last one were amazing! I truly felt so peaceful and "shant" after I watched that! Can't wait for the fourth one!
...ASB100... thumbnail
Happy Mahashivratri to all!!!! May Lord Shiva bless us all!!!!

-Asha
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Guys,

I'm editing my 2nd post on Pg. 1 with all the Shivji songs from our mythos, since this is the mythological masti forum, and if you guys know of any other songs apart from the ones I posted, from any show, please do give me the link and I'll add it.πŸ˜ƒ

-Janu
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
OMG LOVEEEEE this thread guys, amazing job πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Thank you Aish for all the info, Janu for the beautiful collection of Bholenath bhajans from mythos, Pari for the fantas-terrific VMs... wowww 😍 and Aishu for the additional bhajans!!! Can't wait to see what else you all have in store, Maha Shivratri has really brought our forum to life Jai Jai Shiv Shankar!!!

I hope to have a bunch of other stuff to share with you all soon, but let me start with this... it's one of my FAVORITE bhajans on Shivji, it is so fast and lively and energizing, I just LOVE it It wasn't on youtube so I made a quick low-tech VM to share the bhajan with everyone... listen and enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2M1B_YQZNE[/YOUTUBE]
MagadhSundari thumbnail
One more... forgive my lazy single animation throughout, the bhajan is awesome enough that you'll enjoy anyway :P

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWgYY4L-Gjo[/YOUTUBE]
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow Lola di! You chose such beautiful and upbeat bhajans for this special occasion! Lovely vms! Loved listening to them! And the animation on the second one was superb! It was actually better that you chose one pic because then we could concentrate on that as we listened to the bhajan. And what do you mean by lazy di? Its amazing that you were able to pull of such amazing work! Nice job!
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Guys my new VM is ready on Shivji!! πŸ˜ƒ

Shiv Mahima - Subaha Subaha Le Shiv Ka Naam
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CygrWSNAWAA[/YOUTUBE]

Lyrics
Subaha subaha le shiv ka naam
Karle bande yeh subh kaam
Shiv ayenge teri kaam

Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya

Khud ko raakh lapete phirte
Auro ko dete dhaan dhaam
Khud ko rakh lapete phirte
Auro ko dete dhaan dhaam
Devo ke hith vish pee dala
Neil kant ko koti pranaam
Neil kant ko koti pranaam

Shiv ayenge tere kaam

Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya

Shiv ke charano mei milte hai
Saare tiraath charo dhaam
Shiv ke charano mei milte hai
Saare tiraath charo dhaam

Karni ka sukh tere haatho
Shiv ke haatho mei parinaam
Shiv ke haatho mei parinaam

Shiv ayenge tere kaam

Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya

Shiv ke rahete kaise chinta
Saath rahe prabhu aatho yam
Shiv ke rahete kaise chinta
Saath rahe prabhu aatho yam
Shiv ko bhajle such payega
Maan ko ayega araam

Shiv ayenge tere kaam
Shiv ayenge teri kaam

Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya
Aum Namo Shivaya

πŸ˜ƒ || Om Namah Shivaya || πŸ˜ƒ

adding to my res link on 1st page tooπŸ˜ƒ

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

πŸ€—   πŸ€—   πŸ€—

Legends of Mahashivratri
There are various interesting legends related to the festival of Maha Shivaratri. According to one of the most popular legends, Shivaratri marks the wedding day of Lord Shiva and Parvati. Some believe that it was on the auspicious night of Shivaratri that Lord Shiva performed the 'Tandava', the dance of the primal creation, preservation and destruction. Another popular Shivratri legend stated in Linga Purana states that it was on Shivaratri that Lord Shiva manifested himself in the form of a Linga. Hence the day is considered to be extremely auspicious by Shiva devotees and they celebrate it as Mahashivaratri - the grand night of Shiva.

Traditions and Customs of Shivaratri
Various traditions and customs related to Shivaratri Festival are dutifully followed by the worshippers of Lord Shiva. Devotees observe strict fast in honor of Shiva, though many go on a diet of fruits and milk some do not consume even a drop of water. Devotees strongly believe that sincere worship of Lord Shiva on the auspicious day of Shivaratri, absolves a person of sins and liberates him from the cycle of birth and death. Shivaratri is considered especially auspicious for women. While married women pray for the well being of their husbands unmarried women pray for a husband like Lord Shiva, who is regarded as the ideal husband.

To mark the Shivratri festival, devotees wake up early and take a ritual bath, preferably in river Ganga. After wearing fresh new clothes devotees visit the nearest Shiva temple to give ritual bath to the Shiva Lingum with milk, honey, water etc.

On Shivaratri, worship of Lord Shiva continues all through the day and night. Every three hours priests perform ritual pooja of Shivalingam by bathing it with milk, yoghurt, honey, ghee, sugar and water amidst the chanting of "Om Namah Shivaya' and ringing of temple bells. Nightlong vigil or jaagran is also observed in Shiva temples where large number of devotees spend the night singing hymns and devotional songs in praise of Lord Shiva. It is only on the following morning that devotee break their fast by partaking prasad offered to the deity.

Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
This is one of my most fav songs, it's a stuti from the show 'Shiv Mahapuran'.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JwKsu0K7xA[/YOUTUBE]

ashutosh shashank shekhar chandra mouli chidambara
koti koti pranaam shambhu koti naman digambara

nirvikaar omkaar avinashi tumi deva hi dev
jagat sarjak pralaya? karta shivam satyam sundara

nirankaar swarup kaaleshwar maha jogishwara
daya nidhi daanishwara jaya jataadhar abhayankara

shool pani trishul dhaari aau ghadi baaghambari
jaya mahesh trilochanayam vishwanath vishambhara

naath naageshwar haro har paap shraap abhishapatam
mahadev mahan bhole sadaa shiva shiva? shankara

jagat pati anurakti bhakti sadev tere charan ho 
kshama ho apraadh sab jaya jaya jayati jagadishawara

janama jeevan jagat ka santaap taap mitey sabhi
om namah shivaya mann japata rahe panchaakshara...

MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: AishuJSKfan

Wow Lola di! You chose such beautiful and upbeat bhajans for this special occasion! Lovely vms! Loved listening to them! And the animation on the second one was superb! It was actually better that you chose one pic because then we could concentrate on that as we listened to the bhajan. And what do you mean by lazy di? Its amazing that you were able to pull of such amazing work! Nice job!

Thanks Aishu, you're so sweet ⭐️ I didn't spend much time on them since I was so eager to get these bhajans to you guys, so I thought they might be tad blah graphics wise... but the bhajans really are so fast and lively, I was sure you guys would love them too... perfect for getting into the spirit of Shivratri and hopefully for getting the attention of Shiv Shankar himself Har Har Mahadev!