Frequent Posters

romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyBXqgDaVY4[/YOUTUBE]
DL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyBXqgDaVY4

😊

OMG....thanks a lot Nitu for such an amazing video :)
Loved it even though it was just a short glimpse of the whole act. WOW....love the feed back as well πŸ˜ƒ

Shweta is going great and I hope to see her moving forward just like this πŸ‘πŸ‘
Natasha_shaikh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UMKwcOkTHU[/YOUTUBE]
Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thank u soo much 4 sharing tashu..πŸ€—

Its in better quality..πŸ˜›

Gonna download it..πŸ˜†
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Hail Shweta Tiwari!
Aaine Ke Sau Tukde
Product Rating:
100% Recommendation

Dramatics has his own charm and experience. I've always admired and held the play actors and crew in high esteem. After all, it's not a movie where one error can be forgiven via retake! In a play, there's most probably no scope for folly because you are performing live in front of hundreds. And if you commit one, you have to make sure you wittily cover up immediately which obviously isn't easy. Unfortunately for me, inspite of having such respect for this field, I never got an inclination to attend drama regularly'its movies that caught my fantasy. But at the same time, I made sure that I try to atte
nd plays, although occasionally. And when I got a chance to see Aaine Ke Sau Tukde, I realized this is a chance to be missed due to many reasons. It has Shweta Tiwari as the lead (and ONLY performer), who I consider as one of the finest actresses, and also that it's directed by Mr Saif Hyder Hasan, our very own MouthShut employee! And I am so glad that I went for it! The play is deftly handled and performed that engages you and doesn't leave your imagination hours and days after it has ended! An experience to savour!

The premise of the play: Minal has a twin sister Maanya, whom she just hates right from childhood. Maanya was separated from Minal and parents during infancy due to certain unavoidable circumstances and is again brought back home. The parents then tended to attend more to Maanya, leaving Minal dejected and angry. But not only sibling rivalry and favoritism, Minal, as she grows, also suffers from incest, sexual abuse and extra-marital affair and all this traumatic experiences were in a way connected with Maanya. Her sole aim in her life was to hit back and take revenge for all the wrongs and her only support in her journey was a mirror which she considers magical. Will Minal succeed in finally avenging or will the magical mirror fail to do its work?

Aaine Ke Sau Tukde has several characters-the twin sisters, parents, chacha-chachi, maternal uncle Jyoti, Minal's hubby Danish, son Jubal and Maanya's hubby Kunal. But all these characters were essayed by, believe it or not, just one actor-Shweta Tiwari! Since I haven't seen many plays, I don't know if such monologue dramas are common but for me this was a completely unique experience. The play is a flashback of sorts wherein Minal is reflecting back on her life and narrating it to the mysterious person, Rehan. While doing so, she gets into various characters and the way she slips in and out of so many personalities is seen to be believed. At not even a single place do you get confused as to which character she is essaying. Also, single handedly engaging the viewer's attention for 2 long hours is no easy feat. In short, we didn't see Shweta Tiwari performing'.we saw magic happening on stage!

The appreciation should also go to writer-director Saif Hyder Hasan for coming up with such an out-of-the-box idea and executing it accordingly. Several sequences in the play shake you and give goosebumps. Although there are several impactful points in the play, one of my favourites when the kid Minal sees her twin for the first time and describes that she was the ugliest girl of the world, ignoring the fact her sister looks exactly like her! The entire Uncle Jyoti episode was definitely the most exciting as Shweta convincingly plays a teenaged tomboy teen excitedly in love. The twist here also shakes you and the following intermission helps to sink in the feeling! The second half is as attention grabbing as the first hour. Minal temporarily giving up the feeling of revenge brings a smile onto your face. And then the Kunal episode and its aftermath leave a deep mark.

Any blemishes? Unfortunately, yes. It was difficult to comprehend what was going on in the first few minutes of the play. But soon a clearer picture emerged. The whole thing about Rehan seemed little erratic. But on second thoughts, spending time on this aspect would have increased the play's duration and so whatever little explanation on Rehan was offered was sufficient keeping in mind the overall play. The play culminates on a positive note but again it's difficult to digest that a person who's so disturbed in life thinks in such a manner. But again, this can be overlooked.

The work of the crew was as good as the cast. Sets were topnotch and the props used (especially the mirrors) added to the beauty of the play. The theme music was haunting and is still playing in my ears! This is the first play of producer Kannu Raj Gill (Dreamscape Entertainment) and they have ensured that it's promoted well and also turns out to be appealing to audiences.

Finally, Saif Hyder Hasan excels as the writer-director and how! The dialogues are sharp and the dark humour and wit at places astonish you, particularly where Minal who unwillingly gives birth to a child wishes he dies of some disease of somebody steals him from the hospital! Direction seemed fully apt. This was no easy drama in any respects and Saif with Shweta wonerfully infuses life into it. At the end of the play, Saif Hyder hasan, in true Farah Khan style, introduced the entire crew of the play on the stage! The audiences gave a standing ovation when Shweta's name was announced! It was really a sight to see!

On the whole, Aaine Ke Sau Tukde is an intense and mesmerizing play that is surely to impress and awe the audiences chiefly due to the smart dialogues and situations and of course Shweta's out of the world act. If Aaine Ke Sau Tukde was a movie, Shweta Tiwari would have surely won all the important awards like Filmfare, IIFA and National Awards! The play, till now, has completed 3 shows. I hope audiences go for it in hordes so that the play completes many hundreds of shows! After all, it deserves to be seen, awed and appreciated!

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Aaine-Ke-Sau-Tukde-onsosrtlmn
Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 13 years ago
farzana4shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xXxNatashaxXx

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UMKwcOkTHU[/YOUTUBE]

Plz post DIRECT LINK PLZ I WANNA WATCH IT 😊
BollyPC thumbnail
PEOPLES COMMENTS ON THE PLAY!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Comments on this Review (6)
By bobby007 Star Writer | Mar 22, 2011 06:08 PM
Fenil,that's a wonderful review of the play.I have seen the play's advt in newspapers.I have never seen a Hindi play though am an admirer of Gujarati plays.However a good work is a good work and I intend to see this play ASAP based on your splendid review on it.I also congratulate Mr.Saif Hyder Hassan on his venture.I wish him all the best for the future.

Great review Fenil.Keep enlightening.Cheers and God bless all.

By jains24 Star Writer | Mar 22, 2011 06:20 PM
Wonderful review Fenil. Shweta tiwari is indeed one of the finest actors, who is proving her worth.

Stage show is much more complex and they need actors who can give a perfect shot in one go with no error - which is the beauty of this.

Way to go Fenil, wonderful job done.

TC

By sweets_desire | Mar 22, 2011 06:53 PM
Heyloz Fenil!!

Good review!!

I know you're a huge fan of Shweta Ji.....I knew it that you're gonna write a review on it. The story seems to be very interesting and I feel myself more inclined towards such kind of plays. I have never got an opportunity to attend any play despite of the fact that there were two play theaters just 10 mins away from my MBA college.

Nevermind...when I'll come at your place...would love to attend it with you:-)

Thanks for sharing it with us.....I liked the way you have portrayed about all the characters...It must have been an awesome experience to watch it....

Keep penning

Love
sweets
By hermit Star Writer | Mar 22, 2011 08:03 PM
Have you got chance to watch ''Vagina monologues'' - Well, that was an experience.
Nice to know that, you are spending time to get closer to many visual form of art.

TC
By deepak27 Star Writer | Mar 22, 2011 09:31 PM
Great review Fenil. I am not a fan of Shweta Tiwari but was rooting for her in Big Boss. Good to know that she is doing a play and doing well too. Thanks for sharing this review.
By suketu Star Writer | 1 hr 27 mins ago
@fenil_seta

Not just a great review on a great play but on a great person as well.Shweta Tiwari is a class act in every sense and deserves all the success and happiness she has got and more.

This article of yrs shd appear in national newapapers.It is as good as Shweta Tiwari and Saif:))))))))))))))))))))

Suketu

BollyPC thumbnail
OMGGGGGGGGG PEOPLE LOVE THE PLAY!!!! such a awesome review!!!
Natasha_shaikh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: farzana4shweta

Plz post DIRECT LINK PLZ I WANNA WATCH IT 😊

Here is the direct link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UMKwcOkTHU

Faraan92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

OMGGGGGGGGG PEOPLE LOVE THE PLAY!!!! such a awesome review!!!

Thank u soo much 4 da article nd people reviews nitu..!!!πŸ€—
People really loved da play.. nd it seems dat play is a big hit..πŸ˜›
My sweetheart is da best actress ever..😍
No 1 is like her..β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜†
Faraan92 thumbnail
More ics 4rm zari..πŸ˜³πŸ˜†