piggy26 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
i think salman and Yana needs to actually dance and stop doing all those lifts. i would really love to see some dancing from them like the other contestants.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sphallolalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Agree! As much as I love them and their fantastically controlled lifts - more dancing please! 
 so, looking forward to the classical/semi-classical(?) act, lets hope they burn the floor with a great piece of choreography!
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL their face-off performance today was a total joke.....with random lifts and literally no choreography....even the lifts weren't timed to the music....god knows what they were even trying to show.....but obviously they were saved by the judges on the basis of their general performances in this show.....interesting how the "objective" members of this forum always shouting about the "injustice" of Ankita coming back through WC will ignore this😆...
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
piggy26 thumbnail
totally agree with you both, can't understand what the judges saw in their lifts piece that they perform in the face off.
Edited by piggy26 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: piggy26

totally agree with you both, can't understand what the judges saw in their lifts piece that they perform in the face off. however my takes on these competitions are that they are normally rig to promote ratings therefore its not about talent but ratings

Oh ofcourse it's rigged....by the channel/PH who want to get their "story" right and build drama for ratings.....but I wonder why Salman-Yana didn't prepare for this face-off at all??? Every contestant is supposed to prepare a piece just in case and they all do.....so why did these two not do that this time? Did they seriously think there was no chance of them being in the bottom two? Especially given how they'd been in the danger zone many times before....quite odd.....honestly that performance was a trainwreck to watch.....and everyone knows why they were saved in the large scheme of things.....there wasn't any point to the face-off honestly then....cuz the actual face-off performance was obviously not judged....it was the overall performances that were judged.

i agree; their trademark is their lifts but they need to stop putting it in ALL of their acts.. their faceoff was nothing but lifts.. to be fair, on general prinicipal yana has performed better than ankita but ankita hardly ever does lifts..in the face-off round, ankita was dance,where as yana was ALL lifts.
 the lifts add the wow factor and are complicated but i am tired of them doing ONLY lifts for majority of the performance. every step is a prelude to another lift. the others can manage a variety of steps without as much lifts, why cant they?? even in the actual performance, many of their prop usage was LIFTS...at this point of the show, i thnk their gameplan is to stick to the lifts and try to win many points....

ByteMe thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

LOL their face-off performance today was a total joke.....with random lifts and literally no choreography....even the lifts weren't timed to the music....god knows what they were even trying to show.....but obviously they were saved by the judges on the basis of their general performances in this show.....interesting how the "objective" members of this forum always shouting about the "injustice" of Ankita coming back through WC will ignore this😆...

yeah I can just imagine the Halaat of this forum had Ankita made it through instead of Salyaana..

There would have instant 50 "Objective" hate topics against her.. ðŸ˜†

25 of those would have contained "valuable and trustworthly sources" reporting her attitude problem.. ðŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: tiya229

i agree; their trademark is their lifts but they need to stop putting it in ALL of their acts.. their faceoff was nothing but lifts.. to be fair, on general prinicipal yana has performed better than ankita but ankita hardly ever does lifts..in the face-off round, ankita was dance,where as yana was ALL lifts.

the lifts add the wow factor and are complicated but i am tired of them doing ONLY lifts for majority of the performance. every step is a prelude to another lift. the others can manage a variety of steps without as much lifts, why cant they?? even in the actual performance, many of their prop usage was LIFTS...at this point of the show, i thnk their gameplan is to stick to the lifts and try to win many points....

@bold: Exactly....it's like an endless series of lifts with no sense of timing with the music or anything.....I see a similar case with Savio's choreography too where he's usually just lugging Mahi from one lift onto the next.

This face-off was the worst cuz they obviously did not prepare the act AT all and just combined a few of the random lifts they've done in their performances over the course of the season....there was no coherence to the act otherwise.
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I don't even know why they have face-offs if they are just going to judge based on celeb's overall performance in the whole show. After what i watched today, i've learnt face-off are there in JDJ just to kill time, nothing else. Yana has the flexibility & all, but ankita CLEARLY had more DANCE in her performance. Regardless somebody is a fan or a hater, it's not possible somebody's going to deny that ankita wasn't graceful today. She didn't leave out a SINGLE move!

I would've undoubtedly supported yana as i see her in top 2 , but based on face-off yana should've been eliminated. What she did in face-off today looks good in the actual performances, but in face-off it's a HUGE RISK to do stuff like lifts & using stage space & all. I am surprised remo didn't point that out. What more annoyed me is that atleast ONE of the judges could've voted for ankita...her face-off performance was the BEST one so far in this whole show!

The judgement & results on JDJ are really beyond my mind. I am just glad ankita left this "non-dance" dance show with such a graceful performance.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: _-sHoNaa-_

I don't even know why they have face-offs if they are just going to judge based on celeb's overall performance in the whole show. After what i watched today, i've learnt face-off are there in JDJ just to kill time, nothing else. Yana has the flexibility & all, but ankita CLEARLY had more DANCE in her performance. Regardless somebody is a fan or a hater, it's not possible somebody's going to deny that ankita wasn't graceful today. She didn't leave out a SINGLE move!

I would've undoubtedly supported yana as i see her in top 2 , but based on face-off yana should've been eliminated. What she did in face-off today looks good in the actual performances, but in face-off it's a HUGE RISK to do stuff like lifts & using stage space & all. I am surprised remo didn't point that out. What more annoyed me is that atleast ONE of the judges could've voted for ankita...her face-off performance was the BEST one so far in this whole show!

The judgement & results on JDJ are really beyond my mind. I am just glad ankita left this "non-dance" dance show with such a graceful performance.

I agree.....Ankita ROCKED that face-off and was seriously superbly point on!.....It was CLEARLY the better act of the two in the face-off but Yana was saved cuz of her overall performances.....I don't deny that she is a more deserving finalist than Ankita based on overall dance performances but in THIS act, Yana was a total trainwreck.....Ankita OWNED the faceoff😆.....and everyone there could tell WHY the judges saved Yana.

And yeah I agree that atleast one judge should have voted for Ankita cuz it's seriously ridiculous how NO ONE pointed out that Ankita's was the only act in this faceoff with ACTUAL dance and that too performed so well!