Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: youknowme

I'll repeat what I said in an earlier thread on this same topic.

What we need is more decent scriptwriters with imagination who can actually think beyond two 18 year olds courting and getting married.
People of all ages fall in love if love is what you must have in a film, but there are also mysteries, comedies, how about a comedic mystery series with a married ADULT couple who are---GASP---still alive and interested in life and are NOT in their 20s!!!!!😲 Beyond shocking, I know but it does happen that people stay engaged in life once they've hooked up and had sex...even some people who've had kids are interested in more than cooking and suffering over another's life!

WOW! A whole new world beckons...
That way, adults with talent and drive don't have to retire just because they can't make teenie love rom-coms any more.
Just because someone is "young" does not mean they are worth watching for hours. If you have a crush on them...cool...but there'd be more room for different kinds of actors if writers would wise up to making lighthearted, fun films about adult characters.
If I hear one more person rave about George Clooney and put down SRK I'll start thinking it's something more to do with Hollywood worship while you have perfectly talented, charismatic, engaging Indian stars who get nothing but grief for having a career once past 35.
And don't get me started on the women. Do all Indian women DIE once they pass 30? Really? Don't they WANT to see films that portray THEM as worthy and interesting?
How about Sushmita as the owner of a modelling agency who solves mysteries? How about Aishwarya in a Madam Bovary type role? There are nothing BUT ideas out there that don't demand teen girls. As many as there are humans out there who AREN'T teen girls.
So what if young boys don't fall in love with us? Maybe the women WILL fall in love with being portrayed as people of possibility and interest. It's a demographic thing and there is more than one demographic group.
Oh but yeah, I agree about Amisha Patel. Sayonara chickie!

Amen ðŸ˜Š
preity*zinta thumbnail
Totally don't agree with the author .. people should retire because they're starting to get old? Where the hell is the logic in that. The stuff they wrote for SRK is so ridiculous "age is showing in lines around his eyes and mouth" seriously?

LOl at Amisha's picture .. I can't help but laugh when I see it
🤣  Isn't it predictable that all of the pics are not SRK's, Aish's, Amitabh's, etc. best ones?  I think all the pics are hilarious.  Aish's pic looks morphed to make her look older.  Amisha's pic looks damn hilarious and Esha Deol, god she looks awful.  What a darling collection of pictures, I can't help but have a big laugh at all or most of them!   🤣
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
even though i strongly think some of those mentioned in the first post really do need to retire, i don't think its right for us to put off any one of them. its their career and they are doing what they love the most. they will retire when they want to. we really shouldn't put any one of them off.

on that note, himesh ji please stick to composing and singing. i love you just the way you are. acting is not for you! :-)

Sorry! I'm from the Anti-Retirement Campaign! ðŸ¤¢

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Katrina Kaif should retire....and Himesh🤣

YEAH SHAHRUKH IN THE LIST....way to go IBN....i luv u

SHAHRUKH should retire...and stop horrifying us with his ill-face and sick acting...

bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why should ABsr, Ash, SRK retire? As long as they are doing good films and roles that suit their respective ages as well as still have so much of popularity and millions of fans who want to watch them, there is no reason for them to retire! Edited by bollywoodbabe1 - 13 years ago
Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
As long as they can do their job well, I don't think they need to retire. SRK, AB, Ash, Madhuri.. their talent cannot be matched still so why should they retire?
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

why would these celbs retire, just because some people voted yes for fun behind the computer.

They are still rocking despite the age, and have millions of fans and have energy to work 24 hrs.

I don't mind some one like Amir khan is retiring dspite his talent. He is too lazy and I think he feels too tired after a film, that's why he spends lot of time to complete one film and then too go for a long vacation till other one. May be he lost energy and could not have young power any more due to age. so he works slowly...

Others I don't think there is any problem, they are fit and have energy, so ROCK ON!!!

Edited by Salma2 - 13 years ago