BOLLYWOOD Stars who should've RETIRED...

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Do you agree/disagree with this list from IBN Live...

Top 20: Bollywood stars who should've retired
Courtesy: IBN Live

Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan was once the reigning king of Bollywood with a Midas touch that turned duds to hits. His 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge' created cinematic history with its collection. But his age is showing in lines around his eyes and mouth. He should retire while he still has his best works behind him.

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
The most beautiful woman in the world is slowly aging into a mature actress and while still in her late 30s with lead roles in her bag, now is the time for her to retire gracefully

Amitabh Bachchan
From selling health food to life insurance on the small screen and a string of films in the big one, Bollywood's angry young man is a classic victim of over exposure.

Madhuri Dixit
Her's was the smile that launched a thousand ships and that is how fans would like to remember their favourite actress. In her middle age, Madhuri should not depend on the ever changing Box Office for revival of her fortune.

There is a reason why Rekha is regarded as Bollywood's ultimate diva. Her rare appearances and the mystery surrounding her personal life. Her item numbers and cameo roles are few and far between but we love the Rekha of 'Silsila' and that's how we would like to remember her

Anil Kapoor
Have you had enough of all his Hollywood stories? Either he should start a thriving Hollywood career or retire from Indian cinema.

Suniel Shetty
Suniel Shetty made a great villain in 'Main Hoon Na' but it couldn't save a dwindling career. He should retire while we remember him as one of Bollywood's men of action

Tushar Kapoor
Flashes from a vibrant past? Tushar Kapoor is probably one of the few star kids who didn't make much of his career in Bollywood. We do see him sporadically but a graceful exit will be much better.

Himesh Reshamiya
A strange hairdo and a singing voice could not launch Himesh Reshamiya into Bollywood stardom. He should stick to what he does best - singing.

Esha Deol
Did Esha Deol inherit the jinx of the family? Few of her films did well and her sister is now getting ready to throw her hat in the ring. Should she bow out?

Amisha Patel
A one film wonder, Amisha Patel failed to make a firm foothold in Bollywood despite a blockbuster first film. It's time she retired

Fardeen Khan
Fardeen Khan is another example of a star kid who couldn't leverage his father's name.

Sushmita Sen
The former Miss Universe has an unparralel charm. She is a poetess, a single mother and an activist. Bollywood actress Sushmita Sen should retire to devote more time to things she loves

Aftaab Shivdasani
From spooky movies to supporting cast in comedy laughathons, Bollywood actor Aftaab Shivdasani doesn't have much to show in his career. Should he make way for younger stars?

The Deol clan
Dharmendra, Bobby and Sunny - we've frankly seen enough of the three Deols to last us a lifetime. They should opt for a collective retirement scheme.

Khan is probably Bollywood's only actor with a pronounced baby face, a thing that may have gone against his career.

Uday Chopra
When was Uday Chopra's last hit film? Right. Reason he should opt for an alternative career since Bollywood is clearly not working for him

Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Defo Himesh! That way he can get back to making music

Ohh tera tera tera suroor😎
SRK.. Ash..Madhuri..  definitely.. don't care for the others..
i dont think SRK, Aish, madhur,AB Sr, rekha should retire.. given the right roles,they can still work wonders....

but the others like tushar, esha, aftab, uday, fardeen can go away and never darken the movie screens....
Just because someone is getting older, doesn't mean they should retire. As long as they are playing characters who are close to their age, I dont think anyone should retire as such. I'm tired of watching movies that revolve around 20 yr olds. We need to have more movies that have mature characters.

Having said that, some actors either need some heavy acting lessons or just need to quit. I watch movies not to see a bunch of eye candy losers who can't act for life but to see people get into the skin of their character and give a fresh,unique and an impressive performance. 

I, by default will skip any movie that has Himesh, Katrina, Uday, Sohail Khan, Fardeen Khan or Esha Deol in it. 
starstruckk thumbnail
Just because actors/actresses start to look old, they should retire? WHat rule indicates that? πŸ˜•

The problem lies within them playing roles not according to their ages. Bollywood has this complex about looking young, fresh and bla bla...sure, actors/actresses should look their best but you cant expect 35 + actors/actresses to look like they once did 15 years back or so. Bollywood has nothing better to do than copy Hollywood in everything...yet they don't seem to understand how some of the better actors that Hollywood has are past their prime. Like I said, they do roles according to their ages wheres bollywood folks don't. Not just that, bw hardly produces scripts that go beyond the girl meets boy teenage fantasies. 
Edited by starstuck - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: starstuck

Just because actors/actresses start to look old, they should retire? WHat rule indicates that? πŸ˜•

The problem lies within them playing roles not according to their ages. Bollywood has this complex about looking young, fresh and bla bla...sure, actors/actresses should look their best but you cant expect 35 + actors/actresses to look like they once did 15 years back or so. Bollywood has nothing better to do than copy Hollywood in everything...yet they don't seem to understand how some of the better actors that Hollywood has are past their prime. Like I said, they do roles according to their ages wheres bollywood folks don't. Not just that, bw hardly produces scripts that go beyond the girl meets boy teenage fantasies. 

Amen to that...
seriously, its not even the romance stories, but ALL actors are expected to play either just graduated students from college or 40 year olds pretending to be 25 with a 20 year old. 
what happened to playing roles along the lines of erin brokovich, or blind side, the fighter, hurt locker...
I would love to see movies that show females in a strong light, where they are shown to have some power over the society and change it for the better.
lets leave the teenage rom-coms to the teenagers....
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'll repeat what I said in an earlier thread on this same topic.
What we need is more decent scriptwriters with imagination who can actually think beyond two 18 year olds courting and getting married.
People of all ages fall in love if love is what you must have in a film, but there are also mysteries, comedies, how about a comedic mystery series with a married ADULT couple who are---GASP---still alive and interested in life and are NOT in their 20s!!!!!😲 Beyond shocking, I know but it does happen that people stay engaged in life once they've hooked up and had sex...even some people who've had kids are interested in more than cooking and suffering over another's life!

WOW! A whole new world beckons...
That way, adults with talent and drive don't have to retire just because they can't make teenie love rom-coms any more.
Just because someone is "young" does not mean they are worth watching for hours. If you have a crush on them...cool...but there'd be more room for different kinds of actors if writers would wise up to making lighthearted, fun films about adult characters.
If I hear one more person rave about George Clooney and put down SRK I'll start thinking it's something more to do with Hollywood worship while you have perfectly talented, charismatic, engaging Indian stars who get nothing but grief for having a career once past 35.
And don't get me started on the women. Do all Indian women DIE once they pass 30? Really? Don't they WANT to see films that portray THEM as worthy and interesting?
How about Sushmita as the owner of a modelling agency who solves mysteries? How about Aishwarya in a Madam Bovary type role? There are nothing BUT ideas out there that don't demand teen girls. As many as there are humans out there who AREN'T teen girls.
So what if young boys don't fall in love with us? Maybe the women WILL fall in love with being portrayed as people of possibility and interest. It's a demographic thing and there is more than one demographic group.
Oh but yeah, I agree about Amisha Patel. Sayonara chickie!
Edited by youknowme - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't agree with SRK, Amitabh, and Aish! They should be making films! Why should they retire? Just because they are aging, please!
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i wouldnt want these to retire : Srk, Ash, AB, rekha, anil, sush and mads
.so what they're getting old? they are good actors and that's what matters (to me)πŸ˜›
the rest idc about πŸ˜†