Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heermeher thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
pls dont make geet meet maan pls i dont want her to break down in front of that idiot plsssss
kirannaryani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
that was really nice update can u plz add me in pm list for the next part ....
namita25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update...so Geet has decided to go away from Maan.....poor girl..really feel bad for her....
continue soon
kabi123 thumbnail
Hi

It was nice please update soon
chsweety22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
came across ur ff
loved it to the core
plz add me to ur pm list
SaJan-SaJan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome.. superb...
loved geet in ds update...
thnx 4 d pm...
..shreyaa.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awhh I feel sad for geet
But she is a strong girl..
Loved heri n the update
Awesome part
cant wait to see how maaneet get married.
Continue soon
Thank u!

JanuaryEmbers thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome story! Continue soon please!!!👏👏👏👏
manisha03 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3

HI GUYS. HERE I AM WITH THE FOURTH PART OF MY FF. HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING IT.

PART 4

Maan reached Handa's mansion. All way long she has been wondering about the reason for Geet's sudden decision. A sudden thought pop into his mind: is she going because of me? If this is the case then I will not let her go. I know I hurt her but she is my best friend and I need her in my life. I will never be able to stay happily with Nupur if Geet is not happy. He entered the house and saw that Priya and Vicky were in the sitting room discussing something. As soon as Priya saw him, she came forward to greet him with a smile.

Maan: Good morning aunty.

Priya: Good morning beta. What are you doing here so early in the morning?

Maan: Aunty, I want to talk to Geet. Where is she?

Priya seemed to hesitate a bit and Maan went to assure her.

Maan: Don't worry aunty; I won't cause her any harm or more distress. Trust me

Priya: I trust you. She is in her room packing her stuffs.

Maan: Packing her stuff………..why?

Priya: She is leaving for UK tomorrow night.

Maan: I'll better go and meet her.

Geet was coming out of her room to collect something when she heard Maan asking for me. What is he doing here so early in the morning, thought Geet? She quickly retrieved her steps and entered her room in order to compose herself and her emotions to be able to face Maan bravely. She had been dreading about this moment itself when she will come face to face with Maan. Several questions were arising in her mind. Will she be able to control her tears? What if she break down in front of Maan? What will she say to him? She closed her eyes in despair and mentally encouraged herself. You can do it Geet. You can……….she was still gathering her courage when she heard a knock at the door.

Maan: May I come in?

Geet: Yes, come in.

Maan: Hey Geet.

Geet: Hi Maan. How come you are here so early? If I am not mistaken its time for you to go to the office. And by the way since when have you had the need to knock to enter my room-added Geet cheeringly.

Maan: What are you doing? - blurted Maan

Geet: What am I doing? - Just packing my stuffs because I need to leave tomorrow. Can you belief that I am going to UK for my masters. I am so excited.

Maan: Why are you going?

Geet: I just told you. For my masters, baba.

Maan: But why UK, you can do it here in India too, so why go so far away.

Geet: Maan, it's such a prestigious university and I am among the lucky ones whose admission has been accepted. Who would want to miss such a golden chance?

Maan: Are you leaving because of me?

Geet: Don't be absurd Maan. Of course not.

Maan: Then why don't you look me in the eyes and talk. Look at me Geet.

Maan caught hold of Geet's shoulder and slowly turned her around to face him. She had been having her back to Maan during the whole conversation fidgeting with her stuffs, packing them. She did not look at him once and even now she had her eyes on the flooring. Maan tilt her chin upwards so that he could see into Geet's eyes. But what he saw there really touched him. Her eyes were full of tears that were ready to spill at any moment. He felt so guilty that he hugged her outright saying sorry repeatedly.

Maan: I am so sorry Geet. I hurt you so much. I don't even deserve to be your best friend. Please forgive me.

Geet: Please don't ask for forgiveness. There is nothing to forgive and you have no reason to feel guilty. It's my fault that I took your friendship for love. If I love you, it's not necessary that you love me too. It's your life and you have full right to love or choose your life partner. By the way mister you have not yet told me anything about the girl that you love. As your best friend I have the right to know about her.

Maan told Geet everything there is to know about Nupur, beginning from their first meeting, to how they fell in love, Nupur likes and dislikes, her family and etc etc. Geet sat there listening attentively to Maan. She could not but help the glow that appeared on Maan's face when he talked of Nupur. Maan was going on and on. Little did he know that with his every word she was breaking more and more inside but was not willing to show it to Maan. She sat there, a fake smile plastered on her face till Maan finished his conversation. Maan was so drown in Nupur's memories that he could not see Geet smile was a fake.

Finally the day when Geet was due to leave India arrived. Vicky, Priya, Kunal, Maya, Dadi and even Maan were there to see her off. Everyone had a sad expression on their face.

Geet: Hey chill guys. I am going for my studies, not to be a martyr. Your face shows as if I am going on a war and never going to come back. Keep it cool. Its just for 2 years and it will pass just like that. Kunal uncle I need to talk to you.

Kunal: Yes

Geet: Not here, in private.

Vicky: What do you want to tell him as such that you can't say in front of us.

Geet: Top secret. Just between me and Kunal uncle.

Kunal: Sure beta. Just leave this boring people behind and lets go there, in that corner so that we can have some privacy. Vicky is just so jealous of me sometimes- he said annoying in an attempt to lighter and atmosphere and tease Vicky.

Vicky: Just get lost. You are not a friend but a traitor. Vicky was well aware of Kunal's attempt to make things appear normal and he just went along.

Geet took Kunal in a corner but however everyone's eyes were on them trying to find out what they had to say as such and that too in private.

Geet: Uncle, I wanted to talk to you about Maan and Nupur.

Kunal: Geet, at least not now. You have a plane to catch.

Geet: Now itself uncle. I don't know if I will ever get the chance to talk to you on this topic again face to face.

Kunal: What do u mean?

Geet: Nothing. Just listen to me for once.

Kunal: Ok.

Geet: I know you are angry with Maan at the moment but don't you think it is unjustified. I have accepted the fact that Maan does not love me and I think you too should accept it. Nupur will be coming to India in a few weeks time to meet you all. I want you meet her without any grudge in your heart and take their life decision thinking about what is best for them and not based on any bias. I know that you wanted me to be your daughter-in-law but maybe fate does not want that. Daughter-in-law or not, I'll always be your daughter and no one can take that right from me.

Kunal: I will try beta.

Geet: No, you will not try. You will promise me that you will do as I say. For once you have to stop thinking about me and think about Maan's happiness only. You will have to put him before me. Do you promise me?

Geet outstretch her palm towards Kunal asking him for the promise. Kunal reluctantly place his hand in those of Geet's. "I promise" were the words that left his mouth. He was unable to say more as he was overcome with emotions. He engulfs Geet in a fatherly hug and had tears in his eyes. "I am going to miss you so much", he said still keeping his chin on Geet's head. "I will miss you too uncle". The others were watching this display of emotion quite fondly. Kunal always loved Geet more than Maan. From the moment that she was born, Kunal had declared that he has more right on her than anybody else. He would buy her gifts, ice creams, fulfill all her demands, bear her tantrums, drop her to school and many other things. Kunal would never miss Maan so much if he went away from them but the case of Geet was different. His whole world resolved around Geet. Vicky and Kunal would fight among the tiniest thing related to Geet. They always tried to give her all the happiness in the world and today she was going so far away from them.

At last the announcement for Geet's flight was heard. She said a final goodbye and hug them all individually and proceeded towards the ticket counter. Every now and then she would glance back and see the others waving to her and she would wave too. She was feeling so terrible leaving all of them behind but she to go. It was in the best interest of all. She had made the decision and she was going to stick to it. She kept walking forward until she was out of view. Her steps were faltering. She wanted to run and go into her mother's arm but if she did that she would never be able to leave the country. Hardening her heart she encourages herself for taking the steps ahead and not looking back until she entered the lounge. Her parents could no longer see her. She was sitting in the waiting lounge just for the few minutes before boarding the plane. She had tears in her eyes, those tears that she did not want to shed in front of her parents. She was silently apologizing to her parents for lying to them. She did not know what life had in store for her, but she knew that she would never be able to smell the fragrance of India again, see the interior of Delhi air port again, as she was never going to come back. She got up from her seat and move to the security line where she showed her passport and boarding pass. She was traveling first class. An air hostess attended to her and showed her seat. The air hostess helped her dispose of her handbag. Geet sat on her seat and lean on the headboard closing her eyes. She was running away, a fact that she had accepted but unable to convey to anyone. In front of everyone, she would smile and try to talk normally, but in the solitude of her room she would let her tears flow where no one could see her. At least now she was happy that she would not have to pretend that everything was okay. Finally the announcement of securing the seat belts was heard. The plane was due to take off. She looked out of the plane window where she could see lights illuminating the runway. She was leaving everything behind, her family, her love, her happiness, everything that has been dear to her.

The plane took off and slowly disappeared into the sky leaving behind sad faces that were unhappy of being separated from their dear ones.

That's all for the moment. I'll try to upload the next part by tonight.

Please read and leave some lovely comments and don't forget to hit the like button.

And i am really sorry if i have not live to anyone's expectation.

rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
oh geet is soooooooo strong atleast in front of others
hope she finds gud frnds in london n njoy her 2 yrs of studies there
awesomeeeee