Mobile phones and TV for kids !

Posted: 13 years ago

What was this sneha's addiction with mobile phone  ?She wasn't ready to turn it off or hand it over to new mom ?? ðŸ˜³ 

Teenagers are specially obsessed with texting /SMSing .  How important is that? 

Are you in agreement with Sujata's proposed restrictions on mobile phone ka usage ? ...I am in total agreement.

Also some stupid reasons like kids can't have dinner without watching TV ??? How stupid is that ? 😳 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fast trak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
of course a teenager needs to be kept in check by the parents thats right. its only to make sure they r not heading the wrong path. theres nothing wrong. but as far as the acting mother taking the mobile phone i dont know how right is that.
sujata cudve suggested the father or the grandmother to have the phone . whatever it is after all its only an exchange act for a few days and anyone esp teenagers can be too rigid to acceptance.

dinner while watching tv shd be ok i feel. nothing wrong as far as it doesnt stop family interaction.
roshnii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Mera bus chale to main use of mobile by under 18 ban karwa du, becoz kids dont sleep,chat whole nite n day like sneha...but about tv, i luv watching tv while having breakfast/dinner/lunch,so no comments...
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I do understand the need of mobile phones.. specially in a city like Mumbai.. where day to day commute is difficult and time consuming.. so understand the need to keep connected.. but that's what it should be for.. I don't understand the obsession of today's teenagers for texting/SMS etc... they meet their friends in collages.. and then after coming home are still busy with friends on phone for hours.. I don't get it ðŸ˜•
-Sneha25- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree with u Purva and Arjun.

Although mobiles are necessary nowadays, since life is very uncertain, I strongly feel parents should keep check on the mobile phone usage by their kids.
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Excessive use of technology without serving a particular meaningful purpose is bad news since it becomes an addiction for the plural society. It differs from person to person.
naureenfizz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Mobile became important part of life now!!!! But Archana should keep check sneha's cell phone her kids are so spoil, even sneha have no idea about her dressing, how can a a girl of teenage wear low neck in front of thousands of Camera!!! She should be careful about her dressing too
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Nowadays mobile has become a necessity rather than a luxury. We live in a very uncertain world and hence giving mobiles to college going students is I feel OK.  Any thing in moderation is fine but yes excessive usage of mobiles is not good. But once you give them they are bound to use it as per their will. Only way to keep a check on them is to check their mobiles but again it depends upon the relationship between parents and the child. Even then many teenagers wont like it and how appropriate it might be is debatable. 😳 Though yes limited usage of mobiles phones for their need would be ideal and somewhere parents must draw the line on the usage of it, how, well that entirely depends upon the child and parent relationship as each relationship is different.
axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Confession time… I cannot live without my mobile 😳 And my reason is pretty simple, My phone is my way of staying in touch with my family… And the added advantages I get from it??? A personal assistant at my disposal 24x7 😳 I don't think I could get a better deal 😕

Well everyone knows that cell phone is needed for communication with your loved ones. Thats not the argument here.

Look at the addiction of Sneha with mobile ? Why does she need to sms friends all night ? That addiction is not good for kids. I see

And cellphones has its own terrible side effects for kids ...see this

http://kaylinq.blogspot.com/2010/11/should-kids-use-cellphones.html