Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy_Soha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
A very good topic.. I dont really know if 6days is working out for starone n d cast n crew but one thing s for sure that its not working out well for me.. We get only 2days off from our work n we need that time to hang out n have sme fun away from the tv n comput yaar...! Atleast we can get our minds off for 2days..! N besides that its the actors who are suffering..! They have to work so hard to bring their best shot all day long.. I know it takes a lot of time to shoot one whole epi..! They should get sme rest too.. Also bringing up new cast members n new storys on them is not working out too..!
c00l_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
im happy on one side for me so that i can watch watch my most favourite show geet on star one but on other side thats not fair with actors coz they are also human beings n they also want some rest, they should not be treated like this....
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I agree!
6 days a week....it's too much for the cast and the crew....and it results in dishing out below average episodes too.....reducing viewers interest.....
Don't know much about these things, but the channel should opt for some other ways to promote itself....straining the show cast and crew should not happen.....

Deezi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
woh kahte hain na........kuladi pe pair maarna......perfectly descibes this situation for SO..............i read somewhere the channel has money troubles.......6 days a week in that condition.....must say whoever came up with that idea deserves some serious thrashing.....but instead you guys implemented the suicidal plan.......good going guys👏👎🏼........now what you gonna do.....your cast and crew, who keep falling sick probably due to deplorable working conditions.......are also overworked  ............can you see the sword hanging over your heads yet.......coz we can see it very clearly.........
.......i liked bri's idea of 1-2 hr short films on weekends.......in romcom.......romsusp genre .........and by student filmmakers........lets face it your target audience are mostly youth..............who watch your shows for the romance and fun elements in the SO shows which you've maintained nicely .......by not trying to go the saas bahu way..........which will work in your favor eventually ....once you come to your senses and really reinvent yourself for the betterment of the channel ...not make changes based on these half baked insane moves to raise the TRPs.........
......speaking of TRPs.....do you know why PKEK....... is bringing in TRPs ........ ......one word Twilight.....yes......people who've read the book wanna see the adaptation ....
......so think ......this may be the way to go.........do you know how many adaptations of Emma, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice BBC has made / shown........... I've watched 4 of Emma, 3 of P&P, 4 of Jane Eyre........ (only those i could find on YT .........there must be more) ........retelling with fresh faces and from a new perspective works ......why......because everybody loves a classic............
..........make a poll and ask your audience if they've read these books and would they like to see their hindi adaptations on TV, not constrained by 2-3 hr time limit..........am sure most have read them and would love these classics brought to life.............me included......
.............while on the subject.........how many people remember Trishna .........hindi adaptation of Pride and Prejudice shown on Doordarshan in 1980's ...... probably only 30+ folks like me .......yes....yes ....there was an modern hindi adaptation of P&P.......which i even today rate 2nd best telling of this classic.... 1st being 1995 BBC version ofcourse.......many liberties were taken with the story(based in1980's) and some with characters........limited budget meant simple clothes.....sets......nothing was OTT.......i consider it one of the true gems from DD era (have searched the depths of the world wide web for it.....but haven't found it....yet.)........just remembered .....DD even adapted The Fountainhead for TV..........seems DD experimented a lot compared to todays channels......shouldn't it be the other way around?
........my point for all this is .......TRP ke race mein story, performances, everthing is effected......and what comes out is a substandard, shoddy piece of work which is an insult to all the hardworking people who give their 100% to make this show a success.......
.........lastly.....Geet is the only hindi show i've watched after a long time.......the story, the characters and the leads made me fall in love with the show......and i've stuck to it even when it goes completely off the track....off the logic....and off everything......simply coz i've faith in the Geet team.....
............the channel has a golden goose in the form of this show........i just hope ke TRPs ki laalach mein they don't kill it................

........i have no knowledge how this industry works..........or what goes behind the scenes..........these are just ramblings of my sleep deprived mind......wrote this last night....... posting it now....... sorry if i went off subject in the middle ......... have no idea if i made any sense.........

Edited by dee30 - 13 years ago
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
dee30 - i agree with every word that u ve said but i think (plz dont be offended) that u shd edit out some of the descriptions that u ve used for the other star one show 😛 U know that its against forum rules 😊 .... and there are many fans of the show in Geet forum 😊
Deezi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Arwen........hope its ok now........sorry if i offended anyone.........
bDgT thumbnail
@Dee: Brilliant points - 👏

@Arwen: This time I think after the edits it is okay as the problem is across the board across all Star One shows that have been converted to 6-days a week schedule.

They are ruining a good thing and self-destroying their own shows.

SweetFifi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
the shows TRP's are one issue, what about the stars themselves...i am sure they are feeling the pressures of the workload and sooner or later it is going to show in their performance, plus the fact that with all this stress they are prone to illnesses, and eventually having to stay away from the sets for long periods of time and us having to miss their presence in the show itself...case in point: the Gurmeet fiasco a few months back...

WRONG MOVE STAR ONE!!!!!!!!
sparikh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great topic!

I don't think 6-days schedule is working out.

First of all, they had to create a sister out of nowhere which really put me off...there was no sister when show began! Second, they couldn't find someone who can act...she's terrible! Third, the story is going nowhere! CVs can't decide what they should do with Maan-Geet. Srsly, last update I read, doctor is advising Maan to abort the baby!?! What is that...the baby needs to be born & Maan-Geet should raise this baby together!

-Sona
Absoluv thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Excellent post dear Bri....👏...some how v need to convey this to the StarOne channel that this is not working out...V fans r fine on Mon-Fri schedule as it allows the creatives to actually b creative & keep flow in the story....the actors r not EXHAUSTED & PERFORM BETTER...Mind U that Gurmeet & Drashti & other actors are still giving their 100% with kinda schedule....EXCEPT...don't like seeing a whole lot more of Annie-Arjun track....

But please StarOne....come back to the original schedule, let the CVs of GEET work thier minds on the quality of the story thereby giving us more & more & more of nice, cute, romanti, passionate, meaningful scenes of MAAN & GEET....😉