ladygaga thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

'My Name Is Khan' makes it to Oscars' reminder list'

Mumbai, Jan 7 (IANS) Aamir Khan's 'Peepli Live' is India's official entry for the 83rd Academy Awards, but Shah Rukh Khan's 'My Name Is Khan' has also made its way to the prestigious awards.

Director Karan Johar's take on post-9/11 US through an Asperger's patient Rizwan Khan, played by Shah Rukh Khan, 'My Name Is Khan' has made it to the reminder list of movies eligible for this year's Academy Awards.

' 'MNIK' started off as a movement and it's heartening to hear that today it's in the broad list of films eligible to be in the running in all categories. I'm honoured that the film has that kind of acceptance level on a global platform,' Johar was quoted as saying.

Other films that are included in the list are 'Biutiful', 'Clash Of The Titans', 'The Expendables', 'Fair Game', 'Inception' and 'Iron Man 2', among others.

'MNIK', also starring Kajol, was co-produced by Dharma Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment and distributed by FOX Star Entertainment.

*********************************************************************************************************

Has this been posted before...?? So india has two entries to oscars now.. peepli live and MNIK.. i just found out by kjo's old tweet.. where he tweeted this list..

Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Indian official entrance is PL.

MNIK is from external side. Fox  distributors ENTERED IT.

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
that's really great news... to be considered, at least....!   πŸ˜ƒ

i dunno if it'll win anything (i kinda doubt, but who knows), but i'm glad it'll get it's due recognition... πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   though, i do think some parts are exaggerated, but it's theme is universally relevant...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

thanks for sharing...!!  
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
If they didnt have that whole saving the "Blacks" section maybe. That part was just ridiculous. Its like he went into the past  - a century ago to find Wilhelma.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
πŸ˜†  arey, lots of movies have a lot of ridiculous scenes...

people go ga-ga over 3 idiots, and the delivery scenes was honestly beyong pathetic... worse than saving the 'blacks' in MNIK...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

however, i'm happy it made it to the list... IF ki opinion apni hai, but it's nice to see other people see it as a good film (albeit some exaggeration)...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

and being nominated at oscars means it'll get more buzz... which is awesome...!   πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

and India's entry is Peepli Live too, which is aamir's movie as compared to Udaan or any other regional movie that might have been better, but yes, that is not bias at all...!   TongueTongueTongue   in any case... does not matter...

it's good that Indian movies are making it to the list at least... TongueTongue
Edited by Nuktaacheen - 13 years ago
ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
aww! That's great.⭐️

Proud to be as Khan.πŸ˜†
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Udaan should have been the entry...when it was screened at Cannes...the critics went crazy for it! Peepli Live is also a good choice, but MNIK...seriously?!

Paheli and Eklavya were also bad choices...but whateffs b/c I'll never understand the criteria for the selection!!

Taare Zameen Par and RBD were excellent choices!!!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

πŸ˜†  arey, lots of movies have a lot of ridiculous scenes...

people go ga-ga over 3 idiots, and the delivery scenes was honestly beyong pathetic... worse than saving the 'blacks' in MNIK...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

however, i'm happy it made it to the list... IF ki opinion apni hai, but it's nice to see other people see it as a good film (albeit some exaggeration)...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

and being nominated at oscars means it'll get more buzz... which is awesome...!   πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

and India's entry is Peepli Live too, which is aamir's movie as compared to Udaan or any other regional movie that might have been better, but yes, that is not bias at all...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   in any case... does not matter...

it's good that Indian movies are making it to the list at least... πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

way to be optimistic!! and yep...I totally agree with everything you said!! MNIK was a bit melodramatic, but 2 entries into the Oscar is still good!
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ugh why?πŸ˜• It was a dreary film with amateurish sentiments and it was totally inaccurate for the time and place in which it was set
I lived in Sacramento at the time and was raised in the Bay Area.
I won't even go into the caricaturish depiction of American black people which bordered on a 1930s joke.
Sure SRK got a chance to act as a character and he did a very good job, but if he wants to do real "acting" he needs to get away from KJo's pretty people with lotsa money formula (which he has already aged out of) and take a chance working with emotional adults who aren't in awe of him and who have life experience beyond cinema parties and being protected by their parents.
Really they shouldn't embarrass themselves like this.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
^^  well, as Salma pointed out, it was entered by the FOX distributors...! 

it's just an entry, and if they think it has a chance, it's good they entered it...  however, it has not been selected though for nomination, as far as i know...!!