Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Hmmm...good point Vijay! Did not consider that!

Originally posted by: darlunia

Vijay...Hiya! Have not read all the pages of this post but some thoughts...

Can IF implement some simple rules where all updates have to be locked to a members only mode and use the crypt codes?

Secondly, I signed up for IF membership back in 2005 so I have no recollection of it...but do all members have to click acknowledge on some sort of legal agreement/rules acknowledgment that outlines that they cannot copy and paste posts from IF on to other pages? A lot of good websites have members acknowledge and e-sign such documents on a regular basis.

What about disabling the right click option...several sites do that.

Lastly, there should be a place (Regular sticky and email) to report such posts and IF should appoint somebody to, at the very least send a strongly worded formal response to FB pages, individuals and websites that continue to find a way around any mechanism you put in place.

Cheers,
Jaya

Good point.

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I tried to break the two links given with CRYPT Code..

it was super easy

I could use a pdfwriter(i use cutepdf btw)..print ur written updates usign that. COpy and paste. it comes perfectly.

I also was able to save the webpage as a richtextfile(.rtf) and open with word. the written update was again neatly provided but it was underlined.

the pdfprinter was super easy though and superclean

i dont really make a business of copying stuff though

If u guys want me to post what i extracted I can do it here.

EDIT: I am not sure if this helps but you can try and make the webpage unprintable like this http://www.ehow.com/how_6563918_make-unprintable.html

Is there a possibility that your NOCOPY/ENCRYPT code could include this in the head?
that is incase they were using a pdf printer. I dont think i saw this script in the existing updates though.

I tested the script in a few html pages and it seemed to work.
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago
Shantell thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice one lets hope this prevents plagrism of updates..:)
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
CRYPT doesn't  seem to work - check this one

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1601472

The section under consideration is not more than 2000 characters
HalkatJawaniJay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
^^It seems to be working for mine RMJ forum updates, they have not been copied at desi-tashan site at all this week. How are you putting CRYPT code in update??

Edit
Here's another site I found that I think they just did the prnt screen and posted it on their site and they're putting their copyrights on it😑

http://forum.punjabijunktion.co.in/f302/ram-milaayi-jodi-19th-january-2011-written-update-120103/
http://forum.punjabijunktion.co.in/f302/ram-milaayi-jodi-25th-january-2011-written-update-123189/

Edited by kajolj - 13 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Okay, CRYPT works now - I wonder whether it works only if 1 para is nested, & no more?  B'cos I did have several paras b4.

I don't think anybody can prevent people from doing  print-screens.  Although it's one thing to merely steal them, and another to put their own copyright on that - something they  so genuinely believe in 😈
HalkatJawaniJay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Okay, CRYPT works now - I wonder whether it works only if 1 para is nested, & no more?  B'cos I did have several paras b4.

I don't think anybody can prevent people from doing  print-screens.  Although it's one thing to merely steal them, and another to put their own copyright on that - something they  so genuinely believe in 😈

I know first they steal and then claim their own...I'm like seriously. Wish we could put India-forums copyright on the background so if prntscrn is done, logo would be there.

About the update, I do have quite a few paragraphs but I always put them randomly starts in one para end in second para. Try to randomize it when you do more than one pargraph.
Vr15h thumbnail
One question about CRYPT - does encrypting just 1 para work on protecting just that paragraph, or everything after it, or everything b4 it, or the entire post or the entire page in which the CRYPT is found?
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

😊

As I mentioned in my post it can just delay the copy thing but not take care of it completely as its a client side decryption.

However I would suggest the following:

a) Give a proper Page Title to your Written Updates.

b) If you want that more and more users find your update faster through Google or other search engines then I would suggest do not use NOCOPY / MEMBERSONLY / CRYPT as that will help the search engine spiders to find your update first and any one copying your update will be listed later.

c) Would recommend to update all the past written updates to have clean update without any of the special tag so that we get listed properly on Search Engines as when you search for written updates these stealer sites comes above the original post.

d) Once you make the Written update would be great sharing it on Facebook / Twitter or other social networking sites as that will give a certain visibility push to get your posts noticed by the search engine spiders.

e) I will pursue the sites which are copying updates independently and see what best could be done with them. 😊

But in order to execute plan (e) I will need support from the coolbies on (a), (b), (c), and (d).

Cheers,
Vijay

PS. Chatterbox dont worry about the hacking thingy as the site is very much secure.

I don't follow other sites: previously, I used to do updates on Jyoti, and now on Rakt Sambandh.  In Jyoti, for a long time, I stopped using NOCOPY, since the episodes were getting so bad that the updates there just didn't look worth protecting to me, so  I  stopped using  it.  In Rakt Sambandh, I've used NOCOPY from day 1.

For page titles, I've always preferred to use titles that describe the highlight of the episode, and not have something like 'Written update 01/26/2011'.  As it is,  we have a character limit on what we can put in the title field, and right now, I've settled on a template that says, for instance, '01/26/2011: SHOWDOWN, & justice served'.  Reason: sometimes, when I want to find out when a particular  incident took place, it's easier to do that w/ such descriptive titles.  We do have an archive of the updates of the serial.

Also, I don't visit other  forums to see what they have to say about the serial - this one is good enough.  The other  websites I visit  have to do w/ my professional & other personal interests.

P.S. Vijay, maybe in addition to the Title Field, can we have a tag field, like YouTube or Photobucket, where we can put in key words like 'written update rakt sambandh january jan 26 2011'.  Would  make it  just as easy for search engines to pick up this, while allowing our topics to be geared towards our objectives?
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago