Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: eraser

Unfortunately, these days it's so important for a film to get a good opening, that even the shittiest movies become get a hit/ semi-hit/above average status, even if the collections fall down heavily later on. Hence, marketing and promotion has now become a staple for every movie which unfortunately includes publicity stunts, controversies etc etc etc.

So I really don't blame these two if they had to fake kiss or do whatever it was to gain attention, especially since the movie had no male stars and that these two are considered "aunties". Their stunts put them on the map, doesnt matter if it was accepted or not, they still got the attention.

DITTO!
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ok sure it was not required
But why is it when Abhi-John do the homosexual act off-screen, it's cute or funny?

Is this us being sexist or rani and vidya are too old in the eyes of the audience to do such things?

Quite frankly, you do not see gays or lesbians ridculing people that are straight, so there is no need for anyone to act in a certain way which could be precieved as an insult to a certain group of people

It's different if it's part of a scirpt but taking it off-screen to 'promote' a film which technically has no connection whatsoever to two girl's kissing, is being stupid

Now if Vidya and Rani want to kiss eachother go for it, but do not make a joke out of an issue and of yourselves!

Nevertheless, I'm happy the film did well, it was a good story with a good message

Edited by mz.jess - 13 years ago
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
If a great movie can be promoted by this "stunt", then let it be. Otherwise another great movie would be gone unnoticed. Don't worry media, they wont get pregnant.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Its REALLY not even that big of a deal!
😕 I know this topic was kind of dull, but I am glad at least it was appreciated in it's own way.  Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
not really but I had fun taking the mick
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
of course it was not required...!

but it's over and done with... us ko analyze karne se kya ho ga... controversy sells, aur aaj kal ke zamaane mein you have to stay in the limelight specially if you are trying to make a comeback... so don't blame them too much for something like this... you have to create a buzz around your movie, otherwise, movies come and go all the time, wihout getting noticed...!  

there are other things i don't like, but that is not even relevant to the topic... at the end of the day, no amount of cheap publicity can get audience in the theatres... so it's good that the movie was good and liked in general...!!

Originally posted by: ruky786

not really but I had fun taking the mick

you always do and never dissapoint!  🤣
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mz.jess

Ok sure it was not required

But why is it when Abhi-John do the homosexual act off-screen, it's cute or funny?

Is this us being sexist or rani and vidya are too old in the eyes of the audience to do such things?

Quite frankly, you do not see gays or lesbians ridculing people that are straight, so there is no need for anyone to act in a certain way which could be precieved as an insult to a certain group of people

It's different if it's part of a scirpt but taking it off-screen to 'promote' a film which technically has no connection whatsoever to two girl's kissing, is being stupid

Now if Vidya and Rani want to kiss eachother go for it, but do not make a joke out of an issue and of yourselves!

Nevertheless, I'm happy the film did well, it was a good story with a good message

Agree with the part in bold.
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
if SRK can pull a terrorist act for publicity, if Aamir can take farmers for publicity for a film, why can't these two not make a fake kiss for a film? hmmm well. to each to his own.