Munching on Wada Pavs as they dance! - Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Munching on Wada Pavs as they dance!

Some guys are naturals ... They don't have to try hard ... They just entertain the crowds by being exactly who they are! A case in point being the original "cool dudes" of Delhi - Dilin & Manik from Master Rajeev Surti's team on Lux DID Doubles. At the shoot of the latest episode of Zee TV's dance reality show, the duo had the crowd eating out of their hands when then they paid a spirited tribute to the essence of India's two most buzzing metros - Mumbai and Delhi.

Starting their act with a jig to the title track of the film Delhi 6, the boys made a switch to the evergreen Bambaiyya song "Mumbai Humko Jam Gayi".  Adding a "local" touch to the Mumbai tribute was their mentor Rajeev Surti's own voice infused into the track, making the announcement you most commonly hear at a railway station - "Platform number 4 Warchi Gaadi Kurla, Dadar aani Byculla Yethe Thaambel". The two talented dancers "locking and popping" to the infectuous beat of a moving local train had the crowd hooting and cheering for an encore. And when Dilin and Manik finally ended their act biting into Mumbai's very own wada pavs, the asli Mumbaikars in the audience just went ballistic!

On a nostalgic trip, Mithun Da recounted how he'd survived countless evenings at the beginning of his career, as a struggler, on just a wada pav. He also added that a wada pav holds a special place in his heart and symbolizes the spirit of the city in so many ways!  

Having whetted everybody's appetite by biting into the scrumptious wada pavs in public glare, Master Geeta Kapur insisted that the production house distributes wada pavs to absolutely everyone in the audience.

Catch all this action and more on Lux DID Doubles every Friday-Saturday at 9:30 PM on Zee TV.

Edited by -Aysha- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DesiGirl_ thumbnail
Awwww 😳
They are soo adorable!
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
LOL that's funny!

Ahh I really miss Mumbai's Vada Pavs. :(
ankit_nyc thumbnail
πŸ˜› Geeta Ma keeps impressing me more day in and day out.....It's as if this woman is an ocean of empathy....She is sitting down enjoying vada pav, and notices that the audience and the other behind the scenes cast members are craving vada pav, and what does she do? she goes to battle with Zee higher ups and convinces them to put vada pav in the hands of all those at the taping......I have yet to hear of a mentor going to battle for the aam janta likes this......πŸ‘ I applaud Geeta Ma's crusade to ensure a vada pav for all those who wanted it........The article doesn't mention this fact but someone from the unit also said in other interviews that one of the vada pav's didn't have enough green chutney, and Geeta Ma would not have none of it....she immediately got the person another vada pav with ample green chutney........πŸ˜› Way to set example for those watching the show........I am sure next time some of us eat vada pav we will consider the sentiments of those around us as well and work to put a vada pav in their hands as well..........😊
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
That's nice of Geeta Maa to do that for everyone. 😳
Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wada Pau - is that Bread? - munching too much on it is not good for health. I hope the channel will not provide wada pau in every episode lol - πŸ˜†

starch leads to extra calories. 
Edited by Awww - 13 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Awww

Wada Pau - is that Bread? - munching too much on it is not good for health. I hope the channel will not provide wada pau in every episode lol - πŸ˜†

starch leads to extra calories. 

Haha zee do you know what batata vada is? It's that put inside bread (pav). Very unhealthy and dancers in particular should not be eating it too often. Extra green chutney is also bad for healthπŸ˜›
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Haha zee do you know what batata vada is? It's that put inside bread (pav). Very unhealthy and dancers in particular should not be eating it too often. Extra green chutney is also bad for healthπŸ˜›

I used to not believe that until I spent one week with my mamu. He gets so sick from it. 
nilizaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
tfs.......................😊