Tiger Woods - Can he rise again ?

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Nothing less than a win in  a  Major Golf tournament  can change things for Tiger, the fallen idol.
He has lost his aura of invincibility last year but players are wary of his ability to rise again.
Golf is a mind game and a great presense of mind is alway useful in winning tournaments.
Hope he is able to leave 2010 behind and look at a benign Year of the Rabbit.
He had a rather rough personal life that left him stunned and sadder.
Now he has to gather his thoughts back and not give up yet. He has also gone through some swing changes again ( he seems to be the only top player changing his swing after every few years to stay on top).
History is at his feet and all he has to do is win a couple of majors. He has 16 under his belt and two short of the world record set by Jack Nicklaus of 18 majors.

His first tournament may be the Dubai Desert Classic on 10th Feb 2011 or  March 10 World Golf Championship. Most of these are tournaments he has won before.
Another possibility is the Arnold Palmer Invitational on 24 March 2011.
Masters tournament is on 7th April 2011 and he will not miss this one. Tiger has indicated that he wants to concentrate on winning majors but still he needs to play a certain niminum number of events each year, sponsored by the PGA.

Edited by Summer3 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
well , with the number of mistresses he has, I'm sure "rising" won't be much of a problem for him.
Summer3 thumbnail
Tiger Woods enjoying single life

Tiger Woods enjoying single life

Tiger Woods
Font size:
09/01/2011

Tiger Woods is reportedly having a 'great time' being single.

Woods, whose divorce from wife Elin Nordegren was finalised in August after his cheating scandal was exposed, is said to be ready to start afresh.

A source told website popeater.com: "Tiger likes his new life. He plans to continue being an active parent but is moving on with his life.

"He has apologised and paid a huge price for the pain he put his wife and his sponsor through but is now ready to start over."

Woods stepped out on Christmas Day to sit courtside at the Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic game in Florida, which sources say shows he is no longer in hiding and is enjoying single life.

The source added: "If you thought he was going to stay home weeping about his mistakes by himself, think again."

P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
He's single now eh, I wonder how he assists to his sexual desires tehehehe
Edited by P1nk - 13 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: P1nk

😆 @ tehehehe

Well played tiger, well played👏
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: P1nk

There are many women who want a piece of him.😆
With each bite they get richer.
Anyway topic is about golf.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Never gave a damn about golf. Always thought it was a pseudo sport played and viewed barmy old men who have nothing better to do in life, and need to get away from the nagging wife. I guess Tiger proved otherwise, but I could still give a damn whether he rises or sinks or desperately floats.

If I did give a damn about golf, it would be in the lines of what I thought about Clinton. I did not care who he screws as long as he does not screw the nation. As long as Tiger can score the holes in one when needed, all other scores off the field don't matter. Although he better be careful, he could get handicapped.

Shaily. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
never really played golf that much but i do know that it requires lots and lots of focus.  so if the media or his other mistresses don't get to him.. maybe we can see him rise, but i doubt it will be because of his talents. :/ Edited by dancexlovexlive - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Never gave a damn about golf. Always thought it was a pseudo
sport played and viewed barmy old men who have nothing better to do in life,
and need to get away from the nagging wife. I guess Tiger proved otherwise, but
I could still give a damn whether he rises or sinks or desperately floats.

If I did give a damn about golf, it would be in the lines of
what I thought about Clinton. I did not care who he screws as long as he does
not screw the nation. As long as Tiger can score the holes in one when needed,
all other scores off the field don't matter. Although he better be careful, he
could get handicapped.

Sarina Bahen ji I believe with your strong sporting and hockey background this game would be pretty easy for you.
But it is an awkward game that goes against natural body movements thus risking injuries especially to the back and the limbs. Proper foundation is advisable. Also it takes up too much time which many cannot spare.
The entry of Tiger raised the profile and the money purse of the game. He raised the bar too n these days golfers have to visit the gym and be physically fit and healthy. Generally winner gets a million bucks for larger tournaments and total prize monies ranges from about 3 mil to 6 mil depending on the event. The US PGA holds at least one game per week (50 games per annum roughly) and there are other tournaments too like Nationwide and Senior Tours.
Game can be addictive too and can be anti-social as long periods are spent away from family. I have cut down my golf too, no more weekend golf for me.
Among lady golfers the Koreans are coming in very strong too and has a huge contingent if players.
India's Arjun Atwall is doing good in USA after recovering from his auto crash, apparently racing with a friend who died in the mishap. Indian golfers are coming up good.
The Hall of Fame winner Mr Vijay Singh was a former great champion. He was seeking residence in various countries in his early days till he finally got one in Fiji.
If Tiger cannot make it then golf will need a new icon.
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dancexlovexlive

never really played golf that much but i do know that it requires lots and lots of focus. so if the media or is other mistresses don't get to him.. maybe we can see him rise, but i doubt it will be because of his talents. :/

He was a golf prodigy from young when his dad started him off. He was also a victim of black discrimination as a kid and golf used to be a whiteman sports. Tiger turned things round.
But he will also need a strong woman to stand by him through the thick and thin.