Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Just hip hop πŸ˜†
Two years of hip hop is nothing πŸ˜†
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Pulwasha

sanedo, kaka bapa naaa... babu vishnu dandiya.. all are fun...πŸ˜› and im nt even gujju...πŸ˜†

never learnt any dance... but i can dance in shaadi'sπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.. the ganpati type oness..πŸ˜†

I've heard the first two but i'm not familiar with the last one you mentioned. Haha I'm not Gujju either but as you can tell I love Dandiya.πŸ˜›

Speaking of dancing at weddings..bollywood dance is really useful when trying to come up with dance steps and creating your own choreography. Lol simi 2 years of hip hop isn't bad depending on how many hours he spent learning every week. I got to semi-professional but it was way too much to handle with college and exams.
|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow... simi you sure seem like DID material and have learnt so much! that's really cool...
From age 8 to 11, I learnt bharatnatyam and Bollywood.... however, now I don't remember anything.... now all I can do is bad white pple dances like the sprinkler and lawnmower and stupid moves like "the soulja-boy"... lol! and since I am punjabi, I'm halfway decent at bhangra!
btw, not to sound stupid.... but what is "Sanedo"? (I'm guessing it's gujrati?!)
burgerchaap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Only took 1 dancing class when I was in high school and that was it -I suck at dancing.
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Originally posted by: luvya4ever

wow... simi you sure seem like DID material and have learnt so much! that's really cool...
From age 8 to 11, I learnt bharatnatyam and Bollywood.... however, now I don't remember anything.... now all I can do is bad white pple dances like the sprinkler and lawnmower and stupid moves like "the soulja-boy"... lol! and since I am punjabi, I'm halfway decent at bhangra!
btw, not to sound stupid.... but what is "Sanedo"? (I'm guessing it's gujrati?!)

It's a folk song from Gujarat that is often played during Navratri while playing Garba and Dandiya. 

Here's a vid of someone singing it and people dancing to it. Very catchy and it's easy to sing along to as well.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9U8k42FqrA[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by hindu4lyf - 13 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i remember this song was in our Diwali group dance at my old uni! aahh...the memories!! πŸ˜³ how i miss everyone! πŸ€”
Elephunk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Reading the disscussion on this topic I feel many people just like to watch others dance, rather than dance. Anyways, I know Locking, Popping, little bit of rumba, B-Boying, Break dancing and of course my favorite Bhangra.
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

i remember this song was in our Diwali group dance at my old uni! aahh...the memories!! πŸ˜³ how i miss everyone! πŸ€”

I danced to this last year at college with a couple of friends

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjBMir-BvlE[/YOUTUBE]

The best part of choosing this song is that we actually got to dance with dandiya sticks :D
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
oh that's a nice song! 😳 my first experience with dandiya was when i danced with my friends for  that Diwali celebration. i was so nervous b/c i'm uncoordinated without sticks! πŸ˜† they were very patient with me though! πŸ˜†
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

oh that's a nice song! 😳 my first experience with dandiya was when i danced with my friends for  that Diwali celebration. i was so nervous b/c i'm uncoordinated without sticks! πŸ˜† they were very patient with me though! πŸ˜†

My first experience with dandiya sticks wasn't that great but over the years I became better and now I think I can be trusted to hold them in my hand without injuring anyoneπŸ˜†

The best part of the dance was when the guys decided to do their own thing towards the end of the dance and added their own hip hop movesπŸ˜†