*~*~*Shanghai Fanclub~*'*

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Faridoon tweets

Two lead actors of Dibakar Banerji's next 'Shanghai' are Abhay Deol and Emraan Hashmi.The film will start in March and release in Aug 2011..

One more lead in Dibakar's 'Shanghai' will be announced later...

Will be edited soon😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Faridoon_S

Shanghai is offcl adaptation of politicl thrillr dat Greek Novlist Vassils Vassilikos wrote on real life assasnation of a dynamic politician
Zareena thumbnail

Dibakar Banerjee signs Emraan Hashmi & Abhay Deol in PVR Pictures' Shanghai

MANISHA PRADHAN SINGH 11 January , 2011

MUMBAI: Emraan Hashmi and Abhay Deol have been signed for PVR Pictures' next film called Shanghai. This is the first time that the two actors will share screen space.

Shanghai is directed by Dibakar Banerjee and is being made on a budget of under Rs 300 million (Rs 30 crore). The film will go on floors by April and is slated to release in October this year.

Shanghai is an official Hindi adaptation of the political thriller written by Greek novelist Vassilis Vassilikos on the real-life assassination of a politician. It has been adapted by Dibakar and his team to the Indian context.

The female lead of the movie is yet to be finalized. Speaking exclusively to Businessofcinema.com, PVR Pictures president Kamal Gianchandani said, "I am excited and look forward to the execution of Shanghai. Our male leads have been decided and I am glad to have talent like Emraan and Abhay in the film. We are now scouting for talent to play the female lead, as well as someone to play a very important role of a politician in the film."

Banerjee said, "I'm looking forward to breaking some presumptions with this film/ I love the way some people stereotype the dark, kissy, negative Bond side of Emraan in his films. Well this film is going to see him go right into the heat and dust of a hellish Indian small town and its deadly politics. No leather jackets, suave bars and foreign locales. He's here, in love, on a broken down scooter, shooting sleazy videos and on the run for his life!"

He further added, "Abhay has never been seen like this before - in a negative, cold, almost vicious character. Imagine Abhay being the establishment instead of fighting it. He looks at you through his glasses, wearing his stiff shirt and you wonder what's on his mind. Then you may be under arrest and you don't even know he did it! He is powerful, he represents the ruling class - and he doesn't forget an insult - ever!"
Zareena thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emr7TczbsDA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvR_xd1PMYo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nOlrIClqp8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Interviews/5Aqcft3/3/Emraan-Dibakar-Abhay-Speak-About-Shanghai.html
Edited by Zareena - 13 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
Eagerly waiting for the leading LADY!!! Since the director said she's extremely beautiful and hate herself for being so beautiful..i know it's not deepika since she said, doesn't want to work with Abhay at this early stage. So i am wondering Either Sonam, Anushka or Asin. ALL three are Gorgeous girls. But Sonam should fit the bill..hope it's Sonam as they share such a fab chemistry!
Zareena thumbnail
Emraan and Abhay team up for Dibakar Banerjee's Shanghai

By IANS, 13 January, 2011

Actors Abhay Deol and Emraan Hashmi have teamed up together for the first time for director Dibakar Banerjee's film "Shanghai".Produced by PVR Pictures, the movie is the official Hindi adaptation of a political thriller by Greek novelist Vassilis Vassilikos, who wrote about the real-life assassination of a dynamic politician.

The movie has been adapted by Dibakar and his team to the Indian context.

Dibakar, known for his films like "Khosla Ka Ghosla" and "Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye", said the film's two leading actors would be seen donning new reel life avatars, something they haven't done before.

"I'm looking forward to breaking some presumptions with this film. I love the way some people stereotype the dark, kissy, negative bond side of Emraan in his films," Dibakar said in a statement here Wednesday.

"Well this film is going to see him go right into the heat and dust of a hellish Indian small town and its deadly politics. No leather jackets, suave bars and foreign locales."

"Abhay was never seen like this before - in a negative, cold, almost vicious character. Imagine Abhay being the establishment instead of fighting it. He looks at you through his glasses, wearing his stiff shirt and you wonder what's on his mind," he added.

PVR President Kamal Gianchandani is also excited about the project. He said: "To see the two lead characters being brought to life by actors of such contrasting, but equally versatile talent is great."

"Casting Emraan and Abhay in the film was first and foremost a creative decision, but as a producer I am thrilled that it will help to bring to this gripping film audiences from across the spectrum," he added. 
Zareena thumbnail
Cut out the male cleavage, urges Abhay Deol

Published: Thursday, Jan 13, 2011, 11:26 IST
By Soumyadipta Banerjee | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Actor Abhay Deol fixes a stare on you the moment you point out that he has got no muscles on him. "Seriously. Okay, you tell me whether muscles look good on me. Do you think I should have muscles" he asks.

But why not? After all the Bollywood heroes — Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Hrithik Roshan even Emraan Hashmi — have all gleefully sported muscles on the big screen.

Abhay shoots back immediately, "This whole obsession with male cleavage in Bollywood is a bit overrated. The bubble will burst soon."

When prodded to elaborate on his stance, Abhay says, "They (muscles) look totally unnatural. Look at Hollywood, will you ever find a hero sporting muscles? They don't because normal people don't have heavy-duty muscles. It's not natural. How can you look like the guy next door with abs, muscles and cleavage?" he adds.

Okay, he doesn't want to go the Salman-SRK way, so will he do a chick flick again like Aisha? "I have criticised only one film of mine. I didn't like myself in that and the way it turned out. But that doesn't mean I won't do a similar role again. However I'll work with only those people with whom my visions match."

Does that mean that he won't work with actors Anil Kapoor and Sonam again? "I won't work with anybody with whom I am uncomfortable. I am working with Dibakar (Banerjee) for Shanghai again. But I won't work for with people with whom the experience has been bad," he says.

So, it's true that the actor is particular about the length of his role, and gets miffed if it's cut short? "Never! Had that been the case then I wouldn't have taken up Aisha for sure," he ends.

Zareena thumbnail

Emraan & Abhay head for SHANGAI!

Comments  Comments [ 0 ]    By Nabila K. | 13 January 2011 | 10:02pm

What do Abhay Deol and Emraan Hashmi have in common?

On first thought, er, nothing?! But both actors, still young in their careers and with the ability to entrance the audience with their compelling performances (admittedly for different reasons!) have been signed on by a very keen Dibakar Banerjee for his upcoming flick.

Titled Shanghai, the political thriller is an adaptation of Greek novelist Vassilis Vassilikos's tale of a dynamic politician and the real-life assassination that took place.

Emraan Hashmi, possibly known more for his kissing skills than acting will be seen ditching the leather jackets and foreign locales in favour of a broken down scooter and dusty life in a small town hell hole surrounded by powerful politics.

Meanwhile critics favourite Abhay Deol challenges himself with a role unlike any he's portrayed before - the corporate hero in Aisha, the endearing thief of Oye Lucky Lucky Oye! and even the contemporarized drug-addled 'Devdas' of Dev D fall short as Abhay transforms in to a cold, powerful and undoubtedly negative character who represents the ruling class. If this Deol has symbolized unorthodoxy and gambles so far, Shanghai promises to take his 'off mainstream mantra' to a whole new level!

This may not be a film for the Yash Raj or Johar lovers, but for those hoping to catch a more gripping tale and some promisingly intelligent cinema, Shangai is not a film to miss!

---

I'm in 😉

How many FC's do you have Zareena?😆
Zareena thumbnail

Originally posted by: koolchick

I'm in 😉

How many FC's do you have Zareena?😆

Hey finally someone joined the club🤣 Welcome to the club🤗

Hahaha i have so manyyy Aisha fc, abhay fc, Anushka fc, Patiali House, Don 2, MNIK, Ra.One, BBB and many more to come🤣