Sunil Pal to play Mehmood's role=article=

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Sunil Pal to play Mehmood's role
   By: Jyothi Venkatesh
   December 22, 2005

Sunil Pal
Thanks to the phenomenal popularity of Star One's The Great Laughter Challenge, Sunil Pal has become a household name. Sunil was one among the 2,00,000 applicants for the show from which six finalists were short-listed and finally the winner — Sunil Pal was selected.

Playing Mehmood

Sunil Pal has been signed to play the lead in a film, which has been inspired by Bombay To Goa. The film will be produced and directed by Pankaj Saraswat who directed The Great Laughter Challenge.

"Popular Marathi star Bharat Jadhav will play the role of the driver played by Mehmood's brother Anwar Ali, while I will play the conductor's role, immortalised by Mehmood. The shooting for the film will start by February 2006." Sunil told hitList .

Adulation and autographs

Sunil is excited about Laughter Hungama, comedy live show conceived by Manoj Joshi.

"Deepak Raja who was also one of the finalists on The Great Laughter Challenge will be a guest performer in the live show along with me. The popularity of the show The Great Laughter Challenge has changed my life completely.

The main difference I find now is that people have started recognizing me all over the world and clamour for my autographs whereas earlier in programmes, as a stand up comic where I was taking part along with mega stars like Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, I was just a filler."

He concluded with, "Johny Lever has been my idol and I will be glad if I could reach even one fraction of the popularity that he has achieved over the years as a comedian".