Feet of Clay - a tale of metamorphosis

Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Feet of Clay

Our dear hero Avdhesh is hurting……….hurting real bad. The love of his life, his brave, sweet Arpita is suffering intense physical and emotional trauma and there is very little that he can do about it. This knowledge is driving him crazy. For the better part of his adult life, he has learnt that might is right and that pretty much all problems in life can be solved by a show of strength. BJ has trained him to use his brute strength, aided by guns, to overcome all challenges in life. Hence the body-building exercises, the akhara , the mastery over weapons. She has reserved the consideration, calculation and strategising for her own more Machiavellian brain and ensured that Avdhesh is never able to think through any of his actions or indeed, any of her directives to him. It is her way of ensuring his absolute and blind trust in her. For, a thinking man is a questioning man. She is afraid that once he starts thinking, he will start questioning her authority.

Be that as it may, it is a fact that Avdhesh right now is a bewildered, broken man wracked with torturous visions of his beloved wife being mercilessly beaten. His helplessness is trumped only by the enormous sense of guilt for being responsible for her troubles. He reacted to the trouble the only way he knows how and that didn't take him anywhere. Might, anger and brave words have not worked at all. The world as he knows it has suddenly ended. He is faced with a foe who has pulled out all stops and is insisting on playing dirty, from behind the seemngly impenetrateble wall of law and legitimacy. Avdhesh has suddenly and very painfully realised that his Gunahon Ka Devta persona really has feet of clay. Now, he is at a loss and cries bitter tears of helplessness and remorse.

But that is good. Tears are good. They are the first step in a process of catharsis that is essential to his mental makeover. Make no mistake, he is a smart man. Soon he will realise the futility of a brawn only approach to problems and start using his mental faculties to figure out a solution. Of course, he will not do this all by himself. The catalyst in this process will have to be Shikha who will gently but surely nudge him towards the new Avdhesh. And of course, BJ will resist the makeover with all her might. I am also, by no means, suggesting that he will not use his utmost strength in rescuing his Arpi from the train tracks. But, aided by his sister and most importantly by his wife's steadfast ethical sensibilities, he will inch towards the new persona – a new Devta of Lallanpur: with the clay feet having been forged into those of 24 karat gold, by the intense heat of a love most pure, almost divine in its selflessness.

I, for one, can't wait for that day to come.

I"ll be waiting to know your thoughts on this😊. Please use the like button as much as you like😃, no restrictions there😳

Luv Avita and luv you all for making the GKD forum so blessedly active and interactive. Each one of you has such wonderful insight into our fav show and it is so great to read each one's perspective.

Thanks,
Vista

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yoga23priya thumbnail

hiya vista di.....🤗
Wonderfully written.....
applause emoticonapplause emoticonapplause emoticonapplause emoticonapplause emoticonapplause emoticonapplause emoticon

don't know what to say.....you have written avi's situation perfectly....tommorow we have to see how he will say his love....

all mighty smileyall mighty smileyall mighty smileyall mighty smileyall mighty smileyall mighty smileyall mighty smiley

this is for you......
thanks for writting....it's beautiful
Edited by yoga23priya - 13 years ago
Vistaa thumbnail
Oh, you are so sweet Priya...🤗
Thanks for the beautiful flowers and sentiment😊

Milii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Heyyyy Vista...that is very very beautifully written....👏
I wanted to press the 'Like' button more than once...but that's not possible

Truly, we will be seeing the metamorphosis of Avi...and that will be ably supported by his Arpi and Shikha...
komalSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey vista, wowhoo u amazed me, so delighted 2 read ur prospective on current trak. U hv mention it rightly dat its time 2 use brain avi, n tit 4 tat 2 Rv.Edited by komalSingh - 13 years ago
joliefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi vista di,wonderfull write up,thanks 4 it .i was looking for ur write up,n i m still waiting for the letter's second instolment(avi's inner feelings writeup)its always a pleasure to read u n dreamy.
Vistaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Milii

Heyyyy Vista...that is very very beautifully written....👏
I wanted to press the 'Like' button more than once...but that's not possible

Truly, we will be seeing the metamorphosis of Avi...and that will be ably supported by his Arpi and Shikha...

Hey Milli😊,

Thanks for liking it. Yes, as they say that there is ultimately a balance of good and evil in this world..........it is about time that the evil represented by BJ and RV is balanced out by the good of Arpi, Avi and Shikha.😊

BJ, RV...your days are numbered.
Vistaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: komalSingh

hey vista, wowhoo u amazed me, so delighted 2 read ur prospective on current trak. U hv mention it rightly dat its time 2 use brain avi, n tit 4 tat 2 Rv.

Thanks Komal sweetie, 😊😊

Vistaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: joliefille

hi vista di,wonderfull write up,thanks 4 it .i was looking for ur write up,n i m still waiting for the letter's second instolment(avi's inner feelings writeup)its always a pleasure to read u n dreamy.

Oh you are so very welcome Jollie. So glad that you liked it.🤗

I am sorry😳, Avi's story is languishing....half written........will get to it very soon, promise.😊 Thanks so much for asking for it.
NVBGKY thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Vista you've done an awesome job 👏👏.
I agree with you completely.
Avdesh has been taught his whole life that brawn is what will get him everything in life, and that he should leave all the thinking to BJ. His love for Apri will eventually make him see that he has to have a balance of both brawn and brains to be a person worthy of Apri.  I think that love always makes you a better person, ture love does not make you weak it gives you strength to tackle all the problems life may throw your way, hopefully Shikha, and his love for Arpi, will help him down this road.