2010: the year which belonged to small screen!

ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

2010: the year which belonged to small screen!

I thought of not putting up this number '2010' any more in trak posts but then I couldn't help myself writing about this topic- "Year which belonged to small Screen". This year saw many superstars shining on small screens rather than big screens (except for Salman who was a hit everywhere). Let's have a look at some of the hit shows/events which rocked our television last year-

1. Indian Premier League- Although IPL has always been a craze, but this year was a bit different. Mr. Modi somehow got hooked to social media (read twitter) which resulted in bizarre set of incidents and gave IPL the kind of hype, otherwise only possible with Rakhi's reality shows!

2. Kaun Banega Crorepati 4- This was the only thing which saved the grace of Bachchan's last year, and yet again it was Big B who did it. His 'beta' and 'bahu' both disappointed us on big screen. Let's see how they perform this year.

3. Emotional Atayachaar-UTV Bindass launched this reality show early last year and it became quite a sensation. Angad Bedi became a household name and the show because of its format created good word of mouth advertising [^] to give it a good TRP. The show was so popular that they came back with season 2 in almost no time.

4. Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaega- If Rakhi is queen of controversies then this guy "Rahul" is definitely the "Rajkumar" who is the only one who can give her competition. I'm looking forward to a new season titled- "Rakhi aur Rahul ka milan" that would definitely reach the pinnacle of TRPs.

5. India's got Talend Khoz 2- Only reality show where there is no place for drama or tamasha, this show is the best reality one comes across every year :). So keep waiting for another season this year!

6. Bigg Boss 4- Still running, this show came in news for many reasons- first Salman, then Bunty, Dolly and finally because of Pamela Anderson! It also came under direct scrutiny of  I&B Ministry which suggested to remove the show from prime time slot, but then nothing happened and the show still enjoys a healthy TRP.

7. Masterchef India- Star World was seeing quite a good response for the original Masterchef series, which inspired Star Plus to do a desi version of the same. It was the only place where Akshay showed some dominance last year (mostly because he was the judge and not an actor). The lady chef, Pankaj became a household name not just because of her win but more because of her strong character.

8. Indian Idol Season 5-Because of its format shows like [^] this and "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa'" will always continue to rock!

9. Dance India Dance season 2- It was another show which kept viewers on their toes while watching. It is India's best Dance based reality show. Dharmesh Sir became an inspiration for every young dancer across the country.

http://trak.in/tags/business/2011/01/03/2010-the-year-which-belonged-to-small-screen/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanx for sharing. The only ones I watched were KBC, Indian Idol, and DID.
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
DID should be number one for sure!
DID2FAN thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raju786

DID should be number one for sure!

Yes I second this.
ashwik_arvi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail