abladabla thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
From mid-day   

By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 14, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Shweta Kwatra, the original Pallavi of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) and Isha of Kkusum (Sony) has been missing from the serial scene.

Ever since she opted out of both these shows last year, Kwatra did not take on any new projects. Instead, she took time off and got married to TV actor Manav Gohil (CID, Ayushman) in December.

We caught up with her to check on what's happening…

You have not been seen on the soap scene in the last few months?
When I decided to opt out of Kahaani and Kkusum, I was in no hurry to take on anything new. Then I took time off for marriage. Yes, there have been offers but nothing that interests me.     

What constitutes an interesting offer?
Most of the stuff that is on TV nowadays is the same. An interesting offer is something that excites me, something which my conscience says yes to. I don't want to play the same grey tracks I have done.

Being negative means wearing a sari and standing near the door and overhearing people's conversations. I don't what to do what I have already done. I am looking at doing something different.

Emotions are tackled at only at one level. In our everyday lives, there are so many aspects to our emotions.

So what kind of offer are you looking at?
I am looking at doing a daily. Yes, definitely I'll be back on the small screen.

What are you doing nowadays?
I continue to anchor the Bollywood-based show Current Bollywood (Max) as well as have outstation performances of my play, Uncle Samjha Karo.

How is married life going?
Great. I am enjoying it. We went for a long honeymoon to US and France. Now, I am enjoying the time I have on hand after so many years of shooting everyday.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
she sounds happy, miss her as pallvi though