sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Dolly Sohi
The small screen's Bhabhi, Dolly Sohi, had only one request to make to producers (UTV) as she made her exit from the Star Plus daily. "Please don't kill my character, Saroj. Just make me go away."

So, Saroj will be shown as renouncing everything and bequeathing her belongings to her daughter Suhana (Rucha Gujarathi).

Final shoot

Sunday marked the last day of Sohi's shoot for the afternoon drama. The actress has been a part of Bhabhi for over three years. Post her marriage to Canada-based Avneet Dhanowa earlier this year, Sohi had announced that she would quit the serial by December.

"The moment has finally come," says Sohi. "Ironically, even the lines I mouthed in the last scene went like, 'Mein sab kuch yahan chhod kar jaa rahi hoon'. It was a highly charged scene. I needed no glycerine; I kept sobbing as it was my last day in the show."

Post the late-night shoot around 3 am, the unit brought in a cake for Dolly's farewell. "It was an emotional farewell. I cried a lot that night — on screen as well as off-screen," says Dolly, who leaves for Canada on Saturday to be with her hubby in time for Christmas and New Year.

Divine blessings

"I have yet to begin packing," says Dolly, who is busy catching up with her co-actors. "When I was acting in Kalash, I was fond of Madhumalti, who played the role of the dadi. I went and met her. There are many others I have to say goodbye to." The actress will also pay a visit to a gurudwara near Nashik to seek blessings as she begins a new life. "The fact that I am going is sinking in, now."

Sohi will be based in Victoria, Canada. "Even though it is months after my marriage, I will be the new bride there. I was in Canada in August, only for the reception. So, for them, I am still a dulhan!"

She will take it easy for the first few months. "I am not planning anything.  The only plans are about how to combat the winter — it is freezing there." And what special gift is she carrying for her hubby? "Nothing," she laughs. He tells me just get yourself!"

Dolly Sohi with Avneet Dhanowa on their wedding day
Dolly facts

Dolly replaced Neha Mehta to play Saroj in Bhabhi.
2. Was part of shows like Kalash, Sanskruti and Aati Rahengi Baharen.
3. Married Canada-based software engineer, Avneet Dhanowa, in hometown Amritsar in March this year.