MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sonam,Deepika,Asin,Anushka,Prachi entered the industry almost the same time.But Sonam gave only one hit.She is not also a very brilliant actress(My POV).Then why is she so popular?Why she is offerred all big budget films?Why are the hit directors so keen to work with her?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Simple-
1. Great PR
2. Multiple cover pages every month

Other than that what you have to keep in mind is most of Sonam's fans are young girls who sort of look up to her as one of their own and also aspire to be like her for the clothes she wears. She still comes across as teenager, with her quotes and interviews. And there are a lot of young girls in BF, so they sort of relate to her.

I'm not sure how popular she is outside of IF though.

CoCoa_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I seriously dont understand as to why she is so famous. she sounds like a brat to me. she cant act what so ever, even kat is better than her in acting. Yea she is pretty and all but she is only good in magazine covers and not in movies. I dont see her as an actress. 
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I'm sorry but comparing Katrina and Sonam is so not done. While I agree, both can't act.. Katrina had 7 years in the industry.. and did god knows how many films. Whereas Sonam has been in the industry for 2-3 years? And has just done 4 films. 
MKrayZee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
she is cute, youthful, very chic - that goes well with the girl.
also, she is not shy off trying out new things and she's got potential, lots of it! someone just needs to tap that potential...perhaps mani ratnam? or madhur bhandarkar? so far she has done candy floss films...but u can tell that theres talent lurking there...
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pragya0

Simple-
1. Great PR
2. Multiple cover pages every month

Other than that what you have to keep in mind is most of Sonam's fans are young girls who sort of look up to her as one of their own and also aspire to be like her for the clothes she wears. She still comes across as teenager, with her quotes and interviews. And there are a lot of young girls in BF, so they sort of relate to her.

I'm not sure how popular she is outside of IF though.

plus she is anil kapoor's daughter, so she has good contacts.... that was also one of the reasons why ranbir and her got such a good platform for their launch... and she is pretty (another requisite of being casted nowadays)... it's another matter that the movie flopped... but i think she was reasonable in saawariya and i liked her in delhi 6....!  

pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Good PR...it works everywhere😉
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sonam has the look...Very Very  important...She is glamorous and stylish.She has a fabulous smile...Without these qualities one cant hope to be popular..

Being a star kid helps..having friends in the media helps...Karan Johar has put her on the map as only one of two actresses who have a future(how unfair is that 2 other upcoming girls!!)

But what makes her famous is that she is working in some good films with A listers..If not for the films..she wouldn't have been famous.

I think she is a fighter and will have a long innings..

as for acting..90% of the stars learn along the way...

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
She is popular for her beautiful personality as well as her beautiful look. And yes, I adore her dressing and fashion sense too.😉
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
she has an amazing face

I know a lot of other people have had the same, but didn't work out too well in the industry

but I dunno, I think she markets herself really well