Winner will be....... & Why?

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Radhika!

Seeing as how no matter what she makes the judges start spouting poetry. For eg, in the Rishi-Randhir epi, Radhika made the malpua three times, and therefore the judges felt that was commendable enough for the golden apron. Please! 😡 She was part of a 5 member team and was only responsible for the malpua and didn't have to cook anything else (as far as I remember)! Whereas Zebi made the ghevar 3 times despite being ill but didn't get any appreciation (sent home).

Radhika will be crowned the winner as not only is she the judges' favourite but also because she will be bringing the youth as well as the glamour factor. You might have also noticed how the camera keeps on going back to her again and again and again.

The other 2 finalists too have been chosen with a purpose, I feel.

Jayanandan -
Because Indians love an underdog. He has always been the cry baby, crying about his struggles in life till now, how he's always falling just short of his dreams, etc. In fact, my kids have nicknamed him Rotlu, ro mat. He has his strong points, mind you, but you tend to forget them as soon as he starts once more about his life's struggles.
           Put in a nutshell, Jaya is the underdog, the unemployed youth with a flair for cooking.

Pankaj -
She does have an attitude, I agree, but also lots of culinary knowledge. She has been chosen for a couple of reasons. First, to level the competition, to show that there's still something to watch in the finale and that Radhika is not getting a walkover. Second, she left her 16-yr old job to come here. They want to show that sacrifices don't go to waste, that when you believe in something you should go after it, that risk does pay off. Another thing, during one of the pressure tests, her arm was injured and she had to go through all the three tests, she was in pain but won through whereas both Zebi and Kandla lost on the day they weren't well.

Personally, I feel that of the 2 men, it should have been Joe in the finals because of his dish. The judges too commended him on his bold step of using pineapple juice for marination while Pankaj said he was more adventurous in cooking. That's what a chef should be - experimental, otherwise how will new dishes be created? Jaya stayed safe by sticking to the simple flavours. I mean, if we want simple, we don't need to go out to a restaurant; just eat at home. Restaurant food is the exact opposite to home cooked food - it's elaborate, more flavours, fusion, experimental.

Friends, this is entirely my personal take on the finalists and not a criticism of either the judges or the final three. I like to watch the show especially the Masterclass episodes.

hamzanuha

Edited by hamzanuha - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
im not a regular watcher of the shows but from whatever little bit i have seen i would say the three finalists r a step ahead than d rest. but i wanted joe to b dere in d finals too.
i agree with u dat pankaj has got loots of attitude. but she has exceptional culinary skills and a way to go about making things.
i do sympathise with jaya but i admire him too. he has struggled a loot in his life. he certainly desrves to b in the final for hs hard work and determination. he made a dish wich is purely indian kababe ishq.and d judges found it to be good.
radhicka made an italian platter wich was rich in flavours and tasted good too. she has been consistent throughout and certainly deserves to b in the final.

rumours r that radhika will win the show.lets wait and watch may d best win the title.

zanish_k thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
radhika will win,because in i saw the promo of final,where they all have to prepare cake,and they knew that radhika is expert in making cake,and deserts.
LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hmm. well in the promo they see radhika working with a cone shaped thing . dunno wat they call it. well she is putting something inside and she gets hurt.
i hope she wins

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My Guess is Pankaj wl win.. because she works wonder under pressure and does not accept defeat easily, she also a allrounder when it comes to cooking.. yeah does hv got some attitude..

first runner up wl be Radhika and third comes Jaya..
upadhyps thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I really don't want Pankaj to win.  She has a lot of attitude.  I think she should have been out at semi final when her pasta were not cooked properly.  How can someone not cook pasta right. 
I really would like to Radhika win. 
P
kavmuks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Pankaj is teacher by profession fro past 16 years - The attitude and self confidence in front of others comes from there...  I don't see proud in that i guess it is pride and she carries herself very well  - off course she has talent and creativity

Jayanandan - has certain skills which a chefs requires in long run (Here I don't mean celebrity chefs) ... and I think between Jay and Jow that day Jay's dish was very good 3 layered seekh Kabab without on tawa with unique basil rice looked divine.. I don't know it tasted

Radhika - Got bit lucky here and there but she has talent. Her continentals strong ... and Chef's HAVE TO know continental cuisines. There are many mast indian, Regional and Mughlai Chefs.

Jebi - She is good but I suppose she had limitations and she reached till the point she deserved.  The day she lost she was under anger against Jaynandan and I felt that took away some focus

Joe - Also reached where he should have  -  Perhaps Joe ans Radhika will be difficult choice to decide on