Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

br2499 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Tammie and Jake!

Tammie! is your story told only for Jake? Wow! Your love story is worth a rom com.

@Jake - I can tell you my horror stories on elbow surgery, if you want.😆
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@mom Whoa! Nice, so practically you hooked up an innocent man.. U forgot to mentn that he shld also hav a talent for cooking.. ROFL
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Bee:  Hello!  Ah, Jake's been bugging me to tell him my love story, so he got the intro tonight.  It was way more romantic than I made it sound - some things have to be left unsaid...

Dhikra:  Cooking wasn't on the list of wants for a husband.  It was simply a need.😆  "You can't cook?  Sorry, I won't date you..."
Rafeal. thumbnail
ROFL.. Hey get bak to u in a minute
br2499 thumbnail

Originally posted by: saomom

Bee:  Hello!  Ah, Jake's been bugging me to tell him my love story, so he got the intro tonight.  It was way more romantic than I made it sound - some things have to be left unsaid...

Dhikra:  Cooking wasn't on the list of wants for a husband.  It was simply a need.😆  "You can't cook?  Sorry, I won't date you..."

@bold - Oh yes! I know! ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜ƒ 
@blue- You are too wise. I didnt have that forethought! But then I might have to look for a non-Indian guy! jake pointer for you!

Thanks for the story. I am terribly upset now for two reasons - hubby went a pilgrimage to India and one of my papers got rejected from a journal because they couldnt find a referee. I just got that stupid mail and now brewing with anger. Thought, I will take a break before I send anything offensive to the editor. Saw your story and enjoyed it.
saomom thumbnail
Husband went to India without you?  Rude!  What does one do on a pilgrimage?    

Best to take a break and count to oh, say 100, before you respond to the stupid editor!! So sorry!  Can you resubmit it?
br2499 thumbnail
I am an atheist! so generally try to avoid going to temples/pilgrimage. This pilgrimage is a special one - one prepares for 48 days - live a life of almost an ascetic  - eat bland food only two times a day, avoid even TV, avoid wearing foot wear and most important try not to get angry or hurt people. Only think of God! This temple is in a valley - in the state where Jake comes from. So the longer route consists of 60 km trek through forests and reach the temple. Google Sabarimala for more info.
 Hubby is doing it for the past 20 years or so. 

I will surely resubmit the paper but will make sure that the editor gets a piece of my mind. 
saomom thumbnail
So, if you don't mind me asking, how did you as an atheist end up marrying a devout believer?
br2499 thumbnail
What can I say! Love is blind and irrational! His looks compensated for his beliefs! Do you know how difficult it is to meet a handsome, groomed physicist? Seriously though, he was and is my best friend. He is the first person who actually challenged me intellectually and treated me as an equal without any complex. He accepts me for what I am with my absurdities. Most  men I meet either are intimidated by me (I am an elitist!) or treat me as another guy!  The fact that we both speak same language and come from similar religious background helped it go smoother with my parents.  

I have always lived and worked among very devout believers! So I am used to them. but for my husband it was a major adjustment. I guess we both are very classic example of opposites attracting! We dont agree on anything! Even in science, we both have complimentary skills - I am entirely mathematical and he is very intuitive.
Edited by br2499 - 13 years ago
Rafeal. thumbnail

Originally posted by: saomom

I was 19, he was 25.  We met at college.  We were engaged after one month and married 4 months later.  

Actually, the first time I saw him was at a disco.  He had some serious moves.  (Which was on my list of 'musts' for a husband - not that I was looking.)  I found out that he had grown up with my roommate.  She introduced us.  One night, I had borrowed dad's truck and needed to get it back to him, but I had spent too much time in a hot tub with a friend and a couple of guys - all on the up and up.😆  When I realized how late I was, I ran into him and asked him to follow me as I dropped off the truck - this way dad wouldn't yell at me for being late.  I totally worked.  Dad didn't yell, we started dating and the rest is history.  Did I mention that another thing on my must have list was that he had to be able to sing?  I was not going to spend my life going to church with a guy next to me that couldn't carry a tune while we sang the hymns.  Guess what.  He really won my heart when he would pull out the guitar and sang to me...  

Satisfied?  Now your turn.  How's  Miss Germany?

@bold NO

I can only say that Miss. Germany was the corporate lawyer from the firm my company engaged. we were soooooooooolucky to work with each other on a case. My god, we were practically at each others throat. that was a year ago. somewhere along the way , we got so involved in each other that we cant do withou fighting for even a day😆