Relationships should be separate from work-Shruti

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

'Relationships should be separate from work'

December 18th, 2010
By Rachana Trivedi

QHow would you evaluate your new hubby Danish Aslam's directorial debut Break Ke Baad?
I am not the correct person to ask this as I have a very subjective viewpoint. I think it's a fantastic film for Danish — he is lucky to have got such a fantastic actor (Imran Khan), a very good producer (Kunal Kohli) and the film got a great audience albeit it did not get the box office collections that we were hoping for .
But I see the larger picture and I am very proud of the film — it's from the heart. Let's see what happens next.

Q In an interview, Danish stated that he isn't filmy at all. Comment?
There isn't anything filmy about him — which I think may have gone against him in Break Ke Baad because the audience likes drama, and a heavy-duty plot. Break Ke Baad is very normal — like how our lives are. Maybe the audience wants to see something different from their lives.

Q What made you and Danish decide to get married suddenly after years of being together?
Danish proposed to me not once but thrice. Firs, when he asked me out to dinner. Second, when he promised to be with me forever. And finally, when at the end of the fourth year, he proposed
marriage.

Q Are there any possibilities of your working in one of his films?
I don't think we should work together. I have realised that relationships should be kept separate from work. I acted in Rishta.com which my brother directed and was probably the best piece of work that I have done in my career, but we had the worst working relationship. We were fighting on the sets and being brother and sister it was difficult to leave that tiff behind at home. I don't really want it to happen in my husband's case.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks a lot for the article!