Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chinu2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
there is something thats bugging me....

Mishal says he is scared of heights....yet he lives on the 11th floor of Mona apartments, he says he doesnt like looking down...yet he said in his interview that he loves gazing at the sea...so doesnt he feel scared at that time? and how is he staying on the 11th floor?
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I don't think anyone living on an 11th floor has to gaze down constantly from their balconies or windows especially one engaged in a busy profession as Mishal's. If he suffers from severe vertigo all he has to do is stay away from the windows.Secondly I don't think any apartment building in Mumbai is built in such a way that one has to gaze down at the sea.I think one would rather gaze across to look at the sea than look down.

Mishal said he is afraid of heights, his head spins when standing atop a tall building or a mountain.He never said he doesn't look down from these places at all.He never went back on his word about going bungee jumping in Thailand. If he had said that would have been dishonesty. There is a lot of difference in saying I'm scared of doing certain things and saying I don't do certain things because I'm scared of doing them.Its so wrong to question his honesty based on a few remarks.Why would one bring along a parent to participate in a show which is serving fake as reality to the audiences across the world?
Edited by ZubyDutta - 13 years ago
Hessa85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@ zuby, bringing your parents gives it more credibility.  this is why i question the integrity of the people who go on shows like this, deliberately spinning yarn to fool the masses.  i certainly dont feel respected as an audience. 
to me the whole argument is void, the show itself is hoax no question.  as for therapy that really allows you to got back into your life before your birth there is absolutely no scientific proof for it, it is completely impossible to prove.  it does fall back to a question of your belief only.  i give you the example of child sexual abuse, all these therapeutic techniques were used with adults to discover whether they had experienced child sexual abuse and had just closed of their memories to the trauma. supposedly child sexual abuse was discovered in many cases,,,, all  were proved to be fake but the clients genuinly believed they had experienced it.  why? because that is the power of some of these therapists and their words, the term i think is false memory syndrome (or something along those lines).  it is exteremly difficult to even get genuine memories back from a persons childhood from THIS life.  getting your memories from your past life and then proving it is scientifically impossible.  and IF it was possible to go that far back, i am sure it would be an exceptional rare case, and not on ndtv  or whatever channel.

nowi dont know maybe mishal raheja genuinely believes in it, and it is the peson who is running the show making a fool of everyone which in that case mishal isnt at fault.   personally i think mishal just got a good laugh from the whole thing, but i could be wrong.  the onl y thing that would piss me off is if credible professionals are being used on, genuine psychologists etc. im sure there is some international body that should be questioning the ethics of it, if this was here id be complaining . id also encourage the person to sue if it wasnt scripted and they were put through needless trauma.
Edited by Hessa85 - 13 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Hessa: I dont get your point...you have a problem with MR participating in the show as the show propogates something you dont believe in? As you yourself mentioned its a question of faith...some people believe in it and they have tried their hand at it. Its a free country and we must let them be. No one has forced anyone to try something they dont believe in. Why question someone else's integrity over it? As you have mentioned there is no proof either that the therapy is fake or MR was acting there.
Hessa85 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

@Hessa: I dont get your point...you have a problem with MR participating in the show as the show propogates something you dont believe in? As you yourself mentioned its a question of faith...some people believe in it and they have tried their hand at it. Its a free country and we must let them be. No one has forced anyone to try something they dont believe in. Why question someone else's integrity over it? As you have mentioned there is no proof either that the therapy is fake or MR was acting there.

umm kshreya, like everyone else ive voiced my opinion. i dont see why that should bother anyone else seeing as theyre all doing the same.
-Carrie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hessa85

@ zuby, bringing your parents gives it more credibility.  this is why i question the integrity of the people who go on shows like this, deliberately spinning yarn to fool the masses.  i certainly dont feel respected as an audience. 

to me the whole argument is void, the show itself is hoax no question.  as for therapy that really allows you to got back into your life before your birth there is absolutely no scientific proof for it, it is completely impossible to prove.  it does fall back to a question of your belief only.  i give you the example of child sexual abuse, all these therapeutic techniques were used with adults to discover whether they had experienced child sexual abuse and had just closed of their memories to the trauma. supposedly child sexual abuse was discovered in many cases,,,, all  were proved to be fake but the clients genuinly believed they had experienced it.  why? because that is the power of some of these therapists and their words, the term i think is false memory syndrome (or something along those lines).  it is exteremly difficult to even get genuine memories back from a persons childhood from THIS life.  getting your memories from your past life and then proving it is scientifically impossible.  and IF it was possible to go that far back, i am sure it would be an exceptional rare case, and not on ndtv  or whatever channel.

nowi dont know maybe mishal raheja genuinely believes in it, and it is the peson who is running the show making a fool of everyone which in that case mishal isnt at fault.   personally i think mishal just got a good laugh from the whole thing, but i could be wrong.  the onl y thing that would piss me off is if credible professionals are being used on, genuine psychologists etc. im sure there is some international body that should be questioning the ethics of it, if this was here id be complaining . id also encourage the person to sue if it wasnt scripted and they were put through needless trauma.

Oh! Hessa I was only speaking for Mishal & his honesty about those two remarks he made in the past i.e his home being on a high floor & his visit to Thailand. About the show itself I absolutely wouldn't have any idea at all. I watched it yesterday for the first time because I wanted to know if MR was Dutta-like in his past life.😆
Whether the show is fake or whether there is past life regression is matter of debate. Personally the religion I follow explicitly says "You have one life only, you'd do well to make the best of it."So I'm not the best person to comment if such things exist or not. Maybe these are stories that these people have heard in their early childhood which is deeply branded into their minds.So when they undergo such therapy its actually those memories that are kindled which the subject thinks are actual events that happened to them in their past life.Mom sometimes watches the discourses by Brahmakumaris for some life gyan they say they can take a person back as much as  200 past lives.Its purely a matter of belief. I don't think for a few silver pieces so many celebrities will connive with the makers of this show to dish out lies.As for the makers only they know what they are doing.
Hessa85 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZubyDutta

they probably dont see it as conniving, but everything is about money and what sells so i dont find that in itself shocking.
also @kshreya,,, yes i actually would question mr's integrity and , even moreso i would question the integrity of the professionals involved. speaking as a psychologist that crosses ethical boundaries. Edited by Hessa85 - 13 years ago

TheRager thumbnail
@Hessa: Its the tone and the way you have put across your point that matters. And sorry to say I have noticed your anti MR stance elsewhere where you are always ready to believe the worst of him. Maybe you have genuine reasons for the same. Anyways its a free forum and you can voice your opinion like anyone else...
-Carrie- thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

@Hessa: Its the tone and the way you have put across your point that matters. And sorry to say I have noticed your anti MR stance elsewhere where you are always ready to believe the worst of him. Maybe you have genuine reasons for the same. Anyways its a free forum and you can voice your opinion like anyone else...

But Why?😔 He is such a sweet guy though nothing like my Dutta.😳😆 What has he done to antagonise anybody at all? 😕
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZubyDutta

But Why?😔 He is such a sweet guy though nothing like my Dutta.😳😆 What has he done to antagonise anybody at all? 😕

Thats ok Zuby...everyone has an opinion and is free to form it and express it here. Maybe I am totally wrong...I was expressing my opinion too. 😊