IMP: Reply Updated Pg. 2| MUST Read!

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
**Note** I've posted a reply to the questions asked so far on page 2 of this thread. Please take the time to read through it. 😊

Hey everyone.. πŸ˜†

I hope everyone's having a good holiday season so far. I know this last half of the year has been ridiculously busy for me but I am beginning to hope that things might be calming down now.. *fingers crossed*

Coming to the purpose of this thread, we've have noticed something disturbing about some of the content that's been floating around in the forum - discussions, FFs or otherwise. I understand that we, as fans, tend to love our favorite couples with a lot of devotion and get affected by the ups and downs in their reel life. We speculate about their trials and their ordeals just as we regularly as we make predictions about "better times" and happier moments - I understand all that.

But there are still a few things that I feel we can work on in an attempt to improve the forum's atmosphere and content.

*Fan-Fics & Discussion Content*

But I don't quite understand why we need to be so explicit in our discussions about our favorite couples - especially about their "Suhaag Raat" or "SR" for short. We have noticed a lot of X-rated content floating around in the forum - earlier it was in discussions about Dutta and Nakku's SR right after they got married and now I see it resurfacing in FanFics too.

I would like to clarify that X-rated content is not allowed on IF( Rule 3 of the IF CODE OF CONDUCT ). The forum caters to a wide range of age groups and while some of the content in the forum would be acceptable to you, we have to keep in mind that we have a young group of members too (8 years or older) and the details of SR or any such explicit content is not for them to read/learn about and especially not on a web-based forum such as IF! The explicit nature of some of the discussions has caused many on the forum (including myself) great discomfort - and to imagine that middle-schoolers might be reading this stuff..?! *shudders* It is not appropriate! 😳

I understand that some of the content shown on our television today is quite in appropriate but I don't believe that absolves us of our responsibility to maintain a forum environment that is comfortable and welcoming for every age group.

And I am absolutely sure that we are a creative bunch here - whether it be FF writers or just those interested in regular discussion - one who can certainly carry on with interesting and thought-provoking discussion without plunging into sexually explicit content (especially with the discussion of SRs - for the couples is this show OR any other show!).

Therefore, please consider this a friendly reminder for future reference - any form of x-rated content, whether it is in FFs or a detour from regular discussion (i.e. excessively and inappropriately detailed discussions about SR or any other sexually suggestive topics) - will not be allowed in the forum. If you come across any such explicit content, please bring it to our attention using the "Report" button located at the top right corner of each post. We will keep a more vigilante look out for such topics too. And I am hopeful that this won't be a problem in the future - we're all quite sensible and understanding as far as maintaining an appriopriate forum environment goes. Smile I understand that sometimes we get carried away and things get out of control, but I'm sure a reminder is all it takes for us to refocus and get back on track. 😳

*Distinguishing between Actors and Characters*

Another thing I would like to point out is that recently we've been quite over zealous when it comes to the private lives of any of the actors playing the main characters in LTL (Mishal Raheja, Mahi Vij, Vinay Rohra being some of them..). Please keep in mind that while we are free to comment on, discuss about and dissect the actions of and the choices made by the characters in the show, we have to keep the actors and their private lives out of our discussions. What they choose to do in their private lives - who they choose to eat dinner with, go to parties with, get engaged to or celebrate their birthday with - is quite honestly not our concern and it is not open to speculations. They play an important character that we like and we feel a sense of attachment to them - I understand. But lets not confuse constructive criticism with vicious comments. We can be informed on their personal lives - should they choose to let us know. And we can be a part of their happiness or share their griefs should the time call for it. But we cannot comment on the validity of their choices and we cannot tell them if we think that their choice is "stupid" or "not good enough" or any such derivative - like I said earlier, how they choose to spend their personal time and who they choose to spend it with is not our concern.

I mean in the end it's just mean - really - for us to criticize their personal choices. At least I wouldn't like it if people started scrutinizing and criticizing my personal choices without my permission... and I'm sure neither would any of you. So lets try to keep an eye on our comments with respect to an actor's private life. 😳Smile

*Comparision Topics*

Recently we've noticed a lot of comparision topics - mostly between Madhu-Roops and their respective coupling with Baji. I would like to remind everyone that even though you have complete freedom to express your opinions of a character or the storyline, please remember that you are also responsible for the effect your words have on others. Lets not try to drag either of the characters' names into discussions that don't pertain to them, just for the sake of getting a comparision going. Even though we don't mean for it, sometimes comparisions can get out of hand and harsh-sounding which just leads to discomfort between members. For now it seems both Roops and Madhu are here to stay and both have their own fan base. So lets be accomodating of each other's preferences and while you are allowed to criticize either of the characters, please remember that constructive criticism is the key. Calling a character (or the actor playing the character) ugly or stupid or any other derogatory adjectives is not constructive. Hopefully we can minimize unnecessary comparisions from here on out. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

*Discussion Environment*

It's the end of the year and we're all exhausted from a busy work/school year. People have deadlines to meet and exams to take - which means we're all frustrated and stressed out. And this also means that patience/tolerance are running low. And so, even though I've stressed this before, I am going to point this out again: Everyone has the right to voice their opinions in this forum. As long as the comment doesn't border on bashing  - i.e. insulting an actor's appearance or being harshly rude about a character without due reason - people are entitled to have opinions different than our own. Just because someone voices their dislike for some aspect of the show/character doesn't mean they can be accused of "spreading negativity". It just means that they have a different perspective - one that makes for an interesting discussion. So I urge everyone to keep an open mind and be accomodating of differing opinions. 

If, however, you feel that someone is being unjustly harsh about some aspect of the show, please PM us (the DT) instead of calling out their seemingly harsh behavior yourself. Sometimes it happens that what seems like "bashing" or an attempt at "spreading negativity" to us in a conversation, is actually just a difference of opinion. But by being confrontational, we end up making matters worst than they need to be - things get blown out of proportion and people get hurt. So please bring any concerns you might have to our attention and we'll look into them ASAP!

*Using the Report Button*

This is actually something that requires everyone's participation - in the past couple of months, the forum has gotten extremely busy. We have a lot of new FFs and discussions starting every day. And while we keep a vigilante eye on the forum, it is understandable that we do miss something sometimes. And this is where your help is needed - if you notice anything that isn't upto forum rules or conduct (explicit content, bashing, comparision topics or anything else that concerns you), please use the Report button located on the top right corner of the post. Just click on it and leave us a line or two about what concerns you in that post and we will look into it right away. If anything bothers you, please let us know - PM us or Report the post, but do let us know. Because unless you tell us what's bothering you, we won't know.

We are willing to work as hard as needed to help make this forum more welcoming for you, but we can't know what needs fixing till you give us your feed back. We're doing something right, we're doing something wrong, we over looked something or you think we should change something - whatever it is, we are eager to hear back from you so we can improve the forum and make it more enjoyable for you.

But like I said, unless you tell us what's wrong... we won't know. Shabz and I aren't telepathic, even though at times I like to pretend we are.. πŸ˜† So drop us a PM and tell us what you think or hit the Report button and let us know what needs to be looked into. And we will do our best to resolve the issue immediately. 😊

Please feel free to PM us with any questions or concerns you might have regarding this issue or otherwise.

Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inosh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for putting this up. It was much needed
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for reminding us. And appoligies to anyone if we have offended anyone. I write FF too.. they may have somethings that might offend some members..totally unintentional..my appologies..if u want me to stop plz PM..i'll stop my FF then and there..😊Edited by shilpita87 - 13 years ago
Leandra thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow fivr it is very important i'll also keep in mind. i also write ff i keep in mind that i won't cross the limit if u want to stop it just PM that is enough for me.
kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Will be careful from my very next  post !
KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Dear Fivr,

I read with interest your announcement requesting IF members to exercise caution when posting threads on sensitive issues such as the SR. I was actually happy and felt the need to respond to this sensible request of the LTL DT. I would at the outset, humbly, request all members not to view the content of this post as subjective or objectionable in any manner or form.  

I, actually, found it quite disturbing that this announcement/request came today. I do appreciate that you are very busy and may not have time to read all the different threads posted on the forum and hence may not see where I am coming from. For records, I had a posted a thread titled "CVs' and Ltlians spare a thought" where I wrote on the "SR as a catalyst to break the deadlock between Tasha" some weeks back. You may/may not have read that particular post or others covering different issues or scenarios in LTL. They are mostly topical analysis relating to issues that I feel could contribute to the groW*H of LTL, should the PH or CVs really be reading these posts. The one I am, particularly, referring to was actually quite a serious one and never even went close to any graphic form, whatsoever, yet created a backlash which I took in good spirit as I believe that this forum promotes free speech, choices and a platform for people to voice their opinion in a constructive way. I was surprised at that time because I had read prior to my post many of the FFs which bordered on almost graphic details hence my annoyance that what I had posted at that time was blown out of proportion. I let it pass as it is not for me to question people's opinion.  I appreciate an argument if it advances a cause, not because one just wants to be heard for the sake of making one's presence felt.

Even yesterday, today, there has been several threads posted mooting the wish that there be a segment whereby a perception of the consummation of TASHA's marriage be now shown to move the story forward. What is funny that in some of the post, very subtle ways, this could be shown are being suggested by members. Again I appreciate their opinions and "ideas" but I found that it was in bad taste as regards the degree of suggestiveness unlike my post that was a sincere analysis with an attempt to understand the characters' psychological predisposition at time this track was being aired.

I realise that this may come across as a rant or the need to be vindicated but I just wanted to set the record straight and reiterate my zeal for a forum that we all consider our very own as it helps us to discuss and exchange thoughts about LTL, the common denominator for all the IF members.

Love

Kavita😳😊

AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks for the note, Fivr.....wasn't aware of the graphic content in FFs bit....lol.....probably cuz I avoid all FFs in general.....but not surprising....have seen it in other forums too....always seems to get out of hand....and the SR obsession in this forum toh waise bhiπŸ˜†

Oh just wanted to clarify....is calling Madhu MAKKHI considered as bashing?πŸ˜›

P.S. Catch upppppppppppp, man! I miss your TINs!
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: nureat01

Thanks for the note, Fivr.....wasn't aware of the graphic content in FFs bit....lol.....probably cuz I avoid all FFs in general.....but not surprising....have seen it in other forums too....always seems to get out of hand....and the SR obsession in this forum toh waise bhiπŸ˜†

P.S. Catch upppppppppppp, man! I miss your TINs!

@ Bold: I was actually going to ask the exact same thing! 🀣

Anyway, thanks for the post Fivr 😳 I do understand that there are people of a young age on this forum, thus we have to try to not be opening them up to such mature issues in such detailed and graphic ways. Would it be easier to manage on top of these issues if writers were to send chapters of their stories that they have written, that they feel may be bordering on that sentitive subject, and get your point of view on it before posting it on the forum? πŸ˜ƒ x
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

thanks for the topic fivr...it was needed...

@ anu and zahra...i'll ans tht, yes it is...lol..she aint tht bad yaar...the onli genuine sis tht cares abt dutta..the rest r ahem u knw wt they r...lol
Sweet_berries thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

P.S. Catch upppppppppppp, man! I miss your TINs! Totally agreed.....i miss your TIN's fivr ....bring them on .......they are chicken soup for us TASHAholics !! πŸ˜Š πŸ˜†