Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein

Meet the calculative Nityanand Tiwari

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Meet the calculative Nityanand Tiwari

Nityanand Tiwari, a cunning politician has excelled the basic requirement to become an influential politician that is making calculative moves. You can't imagine Tiwari make a move without planning it well-in-advance and the result - he never fails.

The only time he failed in life till now is in the upbringing of his son Abhishek. Aggressive and arrogant Abhishek doesn't think before he leaps and that's the main cause of concern in NT's life. Ready to do anything to resurrect his life and instill in him the requisites of a smart politician, Nityanand is trying hard to make Abhishek capable enough to take it ahead from him but only to fail everytime. As his quest to make Abhishek a perfect politician continues, we speak to NT about the show, his new co-actors and political scenario.

What prompted you to take up Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein?

I took up this show because of producer Sanjay Surkar. He is a very good friend whom I have known for long now. I have done nine films with him and we also won the National Award for a movie too. We share a great tuning when it comes to work and there is a lot of understanding between us. I know what he wants and he knows how to get the best out of me. I also liked the concept and storyline of the show. It's great working with this young team.

What's the USP of this show?
The USP of the show is my character who is a learned and mature politician. He is corrupt but plays safe. He wants to instill the same ideologies in his son Abhishek and is trying hard to train him accordingly.

What do you have to say about the new finds of the show - Alka, Chander and Yashwant?
They are quick learners and come from a very cultured family. They boast of an impressive personality too. Initially the trio did face some trouble while facing the camera but they have improved a lot by the time. There is more clarity and confidence in their dialogues now.

How is your rapport with them? Being the senior most and very experienced, do they look up to you for tips?
I treat them like my own kids. They respect me a lot. I try to strike a conversation with them so that the ice breaks down and their is no awkwardness in the air. I try to be friendly with them so that when we are shooting together, they don't get nervous.

Were they nervous during the initial stages of shoot?
They were really nervous when we started the shooting of the show, especially during the scenes when they had to look into my eyes and say a dialogue. Chander is an intelligent actor but my daughter Alka (Sara Khan) is the best of the three.

Was it same for you when you started your career?
Definitely. The trio reminds me of my early days when I was in the learning phase of my career. I still remember how nervous I was while shooting with superstar Dharmendra. I couldn't believe that I was shooting with him. I am a huge fan of Dharam ji and shooting with him was like a dream come true. I was a bunch of nerves while shooting the film with him.

Your son Yashwant is a spoilt brat, where do you think Nityanand Tiwari fell short of giving him a better upbringing?
Certainly. I think somehow I missed out on teaching him the important values to become a calculative and respecting human being. I was blinded with love for my son and gave him all that he asked for which spoiled him royally. I try to save him from being condemned for every error or mistake he makes. But like I said on the show, It's easy to earn money but difficult to earn respect and run an established empire.

Do you think that an easy access to all the luxuries have led Yashwant reach this stage? How do you think, can you as a father curb this?
Completely. It's an easy access to all the things in life that he demanded that made him the man that he is today. The only way to correct him is to teach and show him his mistakes everytime he errs.

But in a way you are all the more spoiling him on the show?
Yes, I am not helping but spoiling him by everyday. I want him to take over and so want his name to be respected and revered by public. Like for one incident, Chander does a good work but I am so influential that I arm-twist the editor to mention Abhishek's name though he has nothing to do with that good deed.

Did you have all of it come easily to you too personally?
Oh! for me as Mohan Joshi, it was a nine year long struggle before I finally managed a foothold in the industry. I was in transport line and used to drive trucks. After an accident, I quit the job and came down to Mumbai to participate in plays and won many awards and recognition. Since then there has been no looking back.

How are you as a father to your children in real life - do you believe in giving a modest upbringing or providing them with all the luxuries of life?
Like my reel life, I have a son and a daughter. I am really proud of my children who respect their elders. I have given them a modest upbringing. I strongly believe that one can only value his possession if he has struggled for it.

Politicians abuse their powers for money and other benefits, your comment?
I can't comment on it directly. All I can say is that there are all kinds of people in a profession - both good and bad. Good politicians work for our country and bad ones result in the slow groW*H.

What do you have to say about the STAR One's initiative to have come up with a political show?
We need to hail and laud such an initiative. These shows are a reflection of the real world. This is how our political scenario is in real. Through such shows, we create an awareness amongst our viewers as if packaged in a show, reality becomes interesting to watch.

We are subjected to lobbying all the time especially in politics. Your comments.
I won't like to talk about the heir apparent who think of nothing but minting money but the one who I would like to name here who is rightly revered as the ideal for the youth today is Rahul Gandhi. Politics runs in his blood and he is known to be a non-corrupt individual.

What's your idea of a perfect son-in-law?
He should be like my son-in-law in real life. He should be clean-hearted and hard working.

There is always a debate where youth demands that the political reign of the country should be passed onto them from old politicians. What's your opinion?
Young blood is needed in politics to come up with new plans, strategies and ideas. Youth of today wants to work for the betterment of the country. They too are experienced in their own rights. The educated youth of today has seen the world and knows the difference between right and wrong. They need guidance but we feel the need of the youth to actively participate in politics now. We have politicians heading their respective states who can barely walk so how can you expect them to take the nation ahead.

Watch the pro Nityanand Tiwari teach his ameteur son Abhishek the chequered game of politics on Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein, Monday to Saturday, 9:00 pm on STAR One.

Neha Maheshwri/Hill Road Media
Saturday, December 04, 2010
http://starone.in/news/1036/meet-the-calculative-nityanand-tiwari.aspx