Favorite Pandav from Mahabharat and why?? - Page 4

Poll

Who is your favorite Pandav from the Mahabharat??

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Yes we do differ also and never mind because we also do not differ in a sense as I said, eventually, I also like to correct the inaccuracies gradually and eventually. We both understand the importance of accuracy/authenticity. Only the weight/magnitude is different for us and the urgency or intensity of need of correcting it. I can anytime easily switch over to BRC's approach to be equivalent to any great & beloved fictional movie or novel characters which I think make me grab always right thing only from them. Sometimes, our conscience might be enough judge (or the only possible or available judge if we haven't found the opportunity to know the epics thoroughly and in depth) than full knowledge of the epics.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I updated my post w/ an example, to clarify better...^^^^
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Very well put. All the other relevant examples too. Totally understood your point and agree with it. I think dividing nation is not bad but dividing them improperly or with injustice is not so good idea. The last episode of Mahabharat, I guess, BRC tried to put more in modern context (Indo-Pak division decision by Gandhiji, ateet ka dhancha badlo, etc etc.). That lecture seemed to be practical for current people (need not be correct as you said and everyone need not have independent judgement abilities or educated conscience or knowledge about inaccuracies of the serials and willingness to go through the actual epics.). But complexity was created for sure. One can say at some places (not proper at all places), they had to do it actually not to elevate the character but to save the character from being misunderstood also perhaps. We might think that over here this dialog is BRC's invention and therefore portrays a character wrongly but that might actually be the philosophy of that character elsewhere in the epic shown (only it creates chronological confusion - that character might have become that mature or righteous or of that thought later on). Serial can't cover everything in the epic and if it portrays the epic as it is but only parts of it, that on the contrary make people misunderstand certain characters. So only those efforts to twist were OK which otherwise portrayed the epic and characters correctly as a summary of the overall epic (though not the exact replica of that specific incident). I mean if Yudhishthir's entire character is not shown as it is replicating the entire epic line by line but only some parts are shown as they are, people might misunderstand him to be lusty or selfish. If studying overall, he was not selfish, and a specific dialog might create such picture, skipping that dialog would be with the intention of stopping his character from being misunderstood rather than elevating his goodness. If you can't line by line picturize the epic on screen (impossible due to resource constraint), innovativeness can be approved by the viewer who also is the epic lover as long as the philosophy is the philosophy learnt from the over all epic only from within itself - Geeta or any other part (just the dialog in one scene of the serial taken from some other incident of the epic - cross philosophies within the epic to be able to practically produce a short movie or serial on epic summary - as correct summary of characters as possible.). Certainly it should not be the own philosophy as you said. I would like to find some time some day to go through entirely Udhyog parva, Adi parva, Shanti parva and Van parva. But exactly those are the lengthier of all.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Here are some of the Orkut thread links if you have account, which had the topic relevant to your example in your last post. Nothing related to this poll topic though so we won't continue about it here.

Last episode of Mahabharat serial

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=5964474&tid=5342123302583322068

Analysis of complex dialogs of Mahabharat serial

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=5964474&tid=5423509707323544143

A specific topic covered in Shantiparva (Apad dharma - saying a lie appropriate)

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=5964474&tid=5385788791897401878&kw=saying+lie

And yes. I couldn't find Ghosh-yatra parva within Vanparva of KMG translation of sacred-text link.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Members please do feel free to post your comments about your choice in between (those who recently voted for Arjun). Don't worry about current flow of discussion going on.
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hehe, I luv all three Pandavs tooo, sometimes its very hard to choose.๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ But i luv Arjun the best because he was shri Krishna's bestest friend, and he was always loyal to him.๐Ÿ˜

I also think Yudhisthir was a very great soul, nothing bad to say about him from me because I think it's really remarkable how he stuck to his dharma despite obstacles๐Ÿ˜ณ, and I also luv Bheem a lot tooo, he was the most sacrificial and suffered inwardly.๐Ÿ˜ญ