Pankaj's concept of chastity

Poll

Do you agree w/ Pankaj's definition of chastity?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
One thing I meant to mention in the last couple of days, but forgot, was one of Pankaj's remarks in his self-serving bhashan to RP.  In it, he told them that he never had any sexual relationship w/ Jyoti, but instead had her artificially inseminated, and that she's pure as she always was.

This really struck me: as I noted, this is the same Pankaj who treated Jyoti and Roshni like scum when he merely suspected, w/o evidence, that the baby was not his.  But now, in this case, he, Kabir & Jyoti all know that the baby is his (let's suspend for a moment our belief of whose it might turn out to be).  And he expects the Sisodia family to be fine and dandy w/ this truth, when he
wasn't even when it was a lie.

While CS & RP may have sounded harsh, their attack on Jyoti was at least based on fact - that she's not carrying Kabir's baby.  This is far more justified than Pankaj, who thought that when Jyoti was pregnant w/ Roshni, she was not carrying his baby.

But what I found the height of chutzpah was Pankaj's statement that since Jyoti was  artificially inseminated, she was chaste!!!  Really, so that's what defines it?  I thought that it was the societal expectation that a married couple should have no kids other than each others'.  While Roshni's case was pre-existing, it's different for this new baby.

So do you agree w/ Pankaj's logic that Jyoti is chaste since his baby was artificially inseminated, rather than otherwise?
  Or do you agree w/ RP that Jyoti had no business carrying someone else's baby?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
she had no reason to be carrying an other man's baby while she is married to someone else. it doesnt matter if its her ex's baby or whatever, its just disgusting and wrong.
captkirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well Jyoti went thru with it only to save her daughter Roshni.........
_KAYNAAT_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
if we take the case of surrogate mothers aren't they chaste yes they r according 2 me....
SEPIDEHh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Vrisha I know that you don't accept this kind of Treatment and the way the Jyot got pregnant  and neither I .But sometimes getting Final decisom Will be very Hard .Jyoti was a serial and we protested to the CV"s for the storyline ,But in real life everything will be different If a mother or father see that their child in pain and wanted to do something to save his or her life or al least decrease its Pain.Since Jyoti had'nt  physical relationship with  pankaj and kabir pushed her to do the artifical insemination,so all the blames goes to Kabir.
My Father is a Doctor and in the Hospital that he worked they Established a Donating Organ Ward.Once I got a telephone form the Hospital they wanted My Father to talk with a Mother that Her child was Technically dead by Medical science and had herbal life ,its brain was dead ,so they wanted Mother's Permission to use its organ for the others.Remebering that day make me nervous and depressed  when I think about that mother I cant say anything  by the way Vrisha ,sometimes in life's crossroads take a right decision is very difficult. 
Edited by SEPIDEHh - 13 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Sepideh

I know what you are saying, but the thing that the CVs used here is a non starter in medical ethics - having a baby just to be an organ donor to someone else.  In the example you cite, the baby was already born and it was after its death that they wanted to use its organs.  That's different from creating a baby for that purpose alone, and in medical ethics, it's already agreed that no doc would actually do it.

Of course, we all know how close this serial  is to reality - even today's episode was no different
SEPIDEHh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Vrisha
I am completely agree with you about Creating a Baby for Using its organ and just thinking about is make me nervous But as I said before in other threads I Myself  read an article about Bon Marrow  implant .I searched a lot to find that time Magazine  but  I failed to find it . It was about a middle aged American couple that their 18 years daughter had leukemia and they gave birth another child to save his sister .When I read this article the second child was 3years old and completely healthy ,his sister 21.Both of them looked happy and healthy.
Honestly I have learned so many things from your writings.Far  From any exageration I admire your knowledge  about the things that you write and I think May be reading that Article is helpful ,
After seeing the track of Roshani I myself was so curious to read it again But I failed to find it .
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: SEPIDEHh

Vrisha

I am completely agree with you about Creating a Baby for Using its organ and just thinking about is make me nervous But as I said before in other threads I Myself  read an article about Bon Marrow  implant .I searched a lot to find that time Magazine  but  I failed to find it . It was about a middle aged American couple that their 18 years daughter had leukemia and they gave birth another child to save his sister .When I read this article the second child was 3years old and completely healthy ,his sister 21.Both of them looked happy and healthy.
Honestly I have learned so many things from your writings.Far  From any exageration I admire your knowledge  about the things that you write and I think May be reading that Article is helpful ,
After seeing the track of Roshani I myself was so curious to read it again But I failed to find it .

SEPIDEHh

Thanks for the compliments, and right back @ ya!

This aint' something I've read - the way I learnt about it was that when there was that big debate in the US about embryonic stem cell research, there were a number of side issues discussed, and this was one of them.  While people were split on whether it was ethical to use frozen embryos to create stem cells to experiment on, one thing that there was generally a consensus on was that it was definitely unethical to create babies or even embryos just to make them organ parts sources.

In that context, I don't think either KZK nor Jyoti did their TV audiences any  favors by showing such plots, since it conveys an impression that docs would actually tell their patients to go have more babies for whatsoever reason