Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

creddy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
simply superb..loved the preview....looking forward to read this FF...could u please add me to ur pm list
Shalve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Hey.. nice start..... the same storyline... but with a difference... i really liked it... pls add me to yr PM List... 
kia_s thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shalve

Hey.. nice start..... the same storyline... but with a difference... i really liked it... pls add me to yr PM List... 

sure will add you to the PM list. This is a parallel story line and it may or will not follow the same sequence of events from the main story line, hope it will be as interesting as the main one though😊 and thanks for liking the concept😃
Edited by kia_s - 13 years ago
shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

hi..love yr ff

do continue plz.
add  me to ye pm list plz.
thxx
JanuaryEmbers thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
amazing storyline continue soon please!!!👏👏👏👏
fijianbabe thumbnail
wow. interesting. plz add me to ur pm list
kia_s thumbnail

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support in liking this concept. This is the first update. I still haven't drafted an update schedule. I am just planning to go with the flow. So hope you all enjoy this......BTW, if you are new to this story please dont forget to read the preview where geets journey begins😊

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter1

"(Pain) removes the veil; it plants the flag of truth within the fortress of a rebel soul"

-C.S, Lewis

Geet -- "It's time to rebel"

Next morning, geets father walked by his daughter's room and stood by her closed door, he wanted to go inside and console his daughter. Tell her he was sorry, but he was ashamed to face her, ashamed of the fact that he was and is so helpless in the face of her situations. He couldn't look at himself in the mirror anymore without cringing at the sight of him.

Last week was such a terrible time, he did not know about his wife's plans on aborting geets child until it was already too late. He tried to go to the outhouse and speak to geet, but the medicine lady suggested it would be better if geet was left alone to recover rather than add more stress to her state of mind. He left his precious daughter to suffer the loss of her child alone.

He closed his eyes with tears flowing down his cheeks, thinking about all the terrible decisions geet had to make ever since the farce of a marriage. He was as much responsible for her state today as anyone else, she was his daughter and he did not take enough effort to secure her life.

He knew there was no point dwelling on what is already done. Now, he needs to focus on what has to be done. He is going to try giving geet a life she deserves, the way she was happy and carefree before the wedding and if he cannot the least he is going to try everything in his power to make her happy until his last breath.

Darji called everyone that evening to discuss about geet's future. The children and geet were not included in the gathering. Once everyone was assembled darji began-

"Listen everyone, I have arranged for an alliance to come and see geet. The boy is a year older than geet. He is still studying. The family works for our estates in himachal and they will listen to whatever I have to say. They have already accepted the alliance and I have given my word, their visit tomorrow is just a formality".

He continued, "Tomorrow is Wednesday, and the marriage is to take place this Sunday. This time we will invite the whole of hoshiarpur so they all know geet is legally wed. No one ever has to know about the previous sham of a marriage".

Everyone was in shock, hearing that but no one was ready to go against darji's decisions. He was a man of his words and he doesn't like anyone going against it. If they do the consequences are always dire.

Geet's father was in panic hearing this, just this morning he was thinking about seeing geet happy again and this marriage will crush her spirits completely. He needs to do something, he tried to speak up. "Darji, can't we wait for some time. Geet has just come out of the previous marriage's experiences, can we not give her a few more years before we talk about marriage again".

"That's enough mohinder; I will not hear another word against this marriage. She is no more a pure girl, if we give her a few more years you may not find anyone to marry her. This boy is young so he can be easily moulded to our needs and who doesn't want to marry a girl from the Handa's family"

Geets father tried to speak back, but the look in darjis eyes made him stop from continuing any further. Brij was also standing behind darji looking angrily at him.

Turning around to geets mom, darji said 'bring geet along ranu, we will tell her about the decision so she is prepared for tomorrow'

Geets mom walked into geets room and saw her sitting by the window staring outside. She has seen geet doing this ever since she was brought back from the outhouse. She wanted to talk to her before but she dint have the courage to speak to her. As a mother herself she never had to know what it was like to lose her child and she couldn't face geet with that burden of seeing her daughter lose her child.  She knew geet will never understand that what she did was for geets own good.

She called slowly from the door, "geet, darji is calling you downstairs".

Geet did not react to the words, so she raised her voice to say that darji was calling. Geet still did not react to that. Ranu walked upto geet and shook her, geet slowly turned her face towards her mother and what ranu saw in geets eyes scared her. There was so much hatred in her daughter's eyes where there was always joy, love and affection. Ranu swallowed hard seeing geet and said again, "darji is calling you downstairs now geet".

Geet knew the moment her mother entered the room, but she refused to answer her. The moment she heard her voice the last weeks events came crashing down on her. And when she told darji was calling her downstairs the last time, she stood up without answering her mom and started walking to where everyone normally gather.

Geet came to stand in front of darji, he started telling her about their decision to get her married and about the family. Geet quietly listened to everything darji had to say and when he finished by saying, "get yourself ready for the visit tomorrow morning".

Geet lifted her head slowly and looked in darji's eyes and said, "NO".

"What do you mean by no geet", asked brij angrily.

"I meant what I meant, No! I won't marry whoever you are bringing. From now on I live my life on my own terms. I won't accept your decisions quietly anymore".

Geets aunt stepped in and said, "Geet do you realise whom you are talking to. Its darji, speak with respect".

Geet did not answer her aunt; she still looked at darji and said "my decision is final. I am not going to marry whoever you are bringing tomorrow. I am going to tell the whole of hoshiarpur what happened with me and how my family killed my baby. I need justice".

Brij angrily took a step towards geet hearing her; darji held a hand out and stopped him.

Darji said in an icy tone, "geet if you refuse to listen to us, you will be disowned by the family and you have to leave us forever. You won't be able to stay in hosiarpur either as no one here will respect you".

Geet could not believe what she was hearing; if this was a solution to all her problems, she felt as though darji's words were a blessing in disguise. But she was still angry, at the way they were treating her life so callously. This was her life and she has every right to live it on her own terms. She straightened herself to her full height and said, "I am calling in the town's panchayat tomorrow morning, to demand justice. I am not going to stop now".

No one could believe what was going on; nobody ever spoke back to darji like this. Everyone was rooted to their spots unable to react or do anything.

Darji turned back to brij and said, lock her in her room brij. She is not going to get out anywhere or call anyone tomorrow and disgrace this family's name. Brij walked up to geet and held her hand to pull her to her room. But geet yanked herself from brij's arms and said, "You don't have to drag me anywhere I shall walk to my room myself" and she walked to her room with her head held high.

Brij walked her to the door and locked her inside; everyone left by the time he came back and joined darji in his room. Mohinder saw all this and knew that darji and brij are planning something against geet and he slowly walked up to the closed door to know if he can try and find out what they are up to. And the first thing he heard was darji saying, "If she takes one wrong step brij, our family name will be disgraced. We cannot afford to let that happen. You know what to do if she does anything don't you".

Brij replied, "ji, darji. She will face the same consequences that any woman of our family might face when they disgrace our name, death".

Mohinder could not hear anymore, he turned away from the door in shock and disgust and slowly walked away from there. They were planning to murder his daughter.

**********End of Chapter 1*********

Chapter2

P.S -- Please let me know if the updates are too long and leave me a few comments if you can, so  I will know if I am  in the right direction  or not.

P.S2 -- Once again please hit the like button, if you like this chapter. Thanks😃

Edited by kia_s - 13 years ago
deejayaqueel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
KIA!!! 🤗

Awesome update./... not too long... really hooked now.... QUICKLY update
kia_s thumbnail

Originally posted by: deejayaqueel

KIA!!! 🤗

Awesome update./... not too long... really hooked now.... QUICKLY update