Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Vedo

Thanks for sharing that lovely story Lola πŸ€— it was very meaningful! Whenever I am facing problems I always think "Everything happens for a reason" and if you have patience soon enough that reason will be revealed to you! Nobody knows what the future holds so we should just trust God...have that strong faith and go on with our work.

Exactly ....
What ever happens Happens for some good !!

u know guys ... i shared this story with my family .... πŸ˜ƒ
Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
wwwwoooowww veryy interesting thread. ....

I have an application in my cell which has a huge collection of quotes.... Here r some of them :

"A house divided against itself cannot stand. ", Abraham Lincoln

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. ", Abraham Lincoln

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. ", Albert Einstein

"Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.", Confucius

"In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.", Dalai Lama

"Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.", Dalai Lama

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.", Friedrich Nietzsche

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.", Henry Ford

Will post more very soon...
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
SHRI RAM BHAKTI!

Prabhu Shri Ram is PARAM CHAITANYA, and so always meditate on Ram. When you are in love with Parmatma , this is indicated by some events, like when: 

-you are fearless - no fear of death (a bhakt does not fear society or death) 

-you are satisfied (a bhakt does not want , anything material, any person or thing)

-you are not entangled (a bhakt is not bounded by deeds,does not get entangled in Karma)

When you happen to experience all these three facts, then understand that you are in LOVE with Shri Ram! You are on the right path! You are true! Your LOVE is true! 

When Janakji saw Prabhu Shri Ram for the first time, even he got attracted to this swaroop, he said to Vishvamitra Mahamuni-

"...sahaj viraagroop manu mora , thakit hot jimi chand chakora..."

"...My mind, which is dispassion itself in its natural form, is enraptured at their (Shri Ram and Lakshman) sight even as the Chakora bird is transported with joy at the sight of the moon."

This is the condition of param gyani Mithilapati Janakji Maharaj. His bhakti is addictive.

Bhakti must be done for the sake of bhakti only not for any material gains.Bhakti is done ONLY for Bhagwan and not for any material thing. Everyone has equal rights on the Bhakti and Bhagwan. Bhakti must be addictive, one must be so much addicted to, used to bhakti, that it becomes natural, Shahaj. Bhakti becomes an addiction. We must want only Bhagwan from bhakti and want nothing from Bhagwan. Want SHRI RAM, nothing from SHRI RAM!!

Like Hanumanji, the ultimate guru, the idol, the personification of Bhakti is Hanumanji...

Dpka1415 thumbnail
wwwooooooowwww great write up Vedo...
WANT SHREE....NOTHING FROM SHREE RAM.... Thts the ultimate goal of life....the sooner we realise this the better we can make this place to live.... As these days people worship the Supreme Lord only in the hoping of being blessed with more n more material wealth....n becoz of such mentality all the values n morals have been buried alive!
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dpka1415

wwwwoooowww veryy interesting thread. ....

I have an application in my cell which has a huge collection of quotes.... Here r some of them :

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.", Henry Ford

I could not agree more with this one😊
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

NAVADHA BHAKTI (9 STEPS TO DEVOTION):

Shabri Ma wanted to learn more from Sri Ram about the path of Bhakti (Devotion). Thus Sri Ram explained:

1) Pratham Bhagati Santan kar sangaa

The first step to devotion (Bhakti) is to keep company of the Saintly

2) Doosri rati mam kathaa prasangaa

The second step is to enjoy listening to discourses pertaining to the Lord.

3) Guru pankaj seva, teesri bhakti amaan

The third step, is to believe, humbly in Guru/God.

4) Chouthi Bhagati mam gun gaan, karai kapat tajee gaan

The fourth step is earnestly (without hypocrisy) sing the praises of the Lord.

5) Mantra jaap mam dridh Visvaasaa, Pancham, bhajan jo Ved Prakaasaa

Chant the Vedic Mantras with immense faith.

6) Chattha dasa seela birati bahu karmaa, nirat nirantara sajjan dharma

The sixth step is not to react in adverse circumstances, yet act, perform ones karma, like the great ones do.

7) Saatvam sam mohi main jag dekhaa, motey sant adhik kar lekhaa

The seventh step is to perceive the world as God Himself. And believe the saintly to be greater than the Lord.

8) Aathvam jathaa laabh santoshaa, sapneu nahin, dekhai par doshaa

The eighth, is a state (which one arrives at when one travels the first seven steps) where there is no desire left, but the gift of perfect peace. (In this state) one does not see fault in others, even in a dream.

9) Navam saral sab san chhal heena, mam bharos heenya harash na deenaa

In this state one has full faith in the Lord, becomes (child-like) simple with no hypocrisy. In this state, he does not fly high or sink low (but becomes equanimous).

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just came across this interesting article 'Balance Your Intelligence' by Osho, in 'The Times Of India' and wanted to share some imp lines from it. The Concept of 'Sthitapragnya' is explained here:-

(To read the complete article, please visit: http://ujalaa.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/byi/ )

Balance Your Intelligence 

By Osho

The balance of intelligence is the essence of yoga. Generally our mind is always swaying in extremes. Either we are in one extreme, or we go to the other extreme. Either we love somebody madly or we start hating him madly. Either we are madly after money, or we are crazy about renouncing it. It seems very difficult to remain in the middle. Making a friend is easy and making an enemy is also easy; but to remain in the middle of friendship and enmity is extremely difficult for us. And the one, who stays in the middle, attains to balance.

Balanced intelligence means to balance despite duality. If you are a shopkeeper weighing goods on scale, you would know that when both sides become evenly balanced and the indicator of the scale stays exactly in the centre – when it is tilting towards neither the left nor right – then the balanced intelligence is attained.

Krishna says, "The essence of yoga is balanced intelligence." Krishna says, "I call that man a yogi who has attained balance of intelligence. He breaks his identity with the sides of the scale and stands where the scale stops, where the equilibrium is gained, where the middle point is attained. He stays in the middle of two extremes; finds exactly the middle point; he is neither a friend, nor an enemy; he stops in the middle".

Debipriya thumbnail
Another beautiful story from 'The Times of India':

(To read the Complete Article please visit:

The seeds of knowledge

- SANT RAJINDER SINGH 

One day, the head of a village approached the Buddha and asked him, "Is a Buddha compassionate to all living creatures?" Buddha replied, "Yes."  The village head continued, "Does the Buddha give his teachings in full to some people and not to others?"

In response, the Buddha related a parable: "A farmer has three fields, with different kinds of soil in each -- fertile, mediocre and poor. In which field do you think the would plant seeds?"

The village head replied, "He would first plant them in the fertile field. Then he would plant the rest in the one with mediocre soil. He might not sow seeds in the field with poor soil. Rather than waste seeds, he might use it to feed the animals."

The Buddha explained, "It is the same with spiritual teachings.  The disciples who wish to become monks, who are seeking truth, are like the fertile field. They receive the full extent of the teachings. They learn the full practice and the way to enlightenment in its entirety. The disciples come to me for light, for refuge, and for shelter. So I give them the entire teachings because that is what they want."

The Buddha continued, "Lay people are like the mediocre field. They are also disciples, but they do not want to commit their whole lives to the teachings as do the monks. I give the spiritual teachings to them in entirety. They, too, come to me for light, for refuge, and for shelter.

"People who do not wish to follow spiritual teachings are like the poor soil. They are involved with other pursuits in life. Yet, to these people, too, I give spiritual teachings in their entirety."

At this, the village head was surprised and said, "Why do you give your teachings out to even those who are not ready to listen? Is that not a waste?"

The Buddha replied, "If one day they grasp even one sentence of the teaching and take it to heart, that will give them happiness and blessings for a long time."

The village head understood that the Buddha had come to give his teachings to the whole world, whether or not all were ready for it, because one day they would be.

Loving and compassionate saints and mystics are spraying seeds of truth, light, and love all around us. Is the soil in our field ready for it? Or will the seeds be wasted?

Debipriya thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Came across this beautiful article, written by a 'mother' 😊, in the 'Times of India', on the occasion of Mothers' Day:

She who builds cathedrals

Nicole Johnson, May 6, 2011, 12.00am IST

It all began to make sense, the blank stares, the lack of response, the way one of the kids will walk into the room while i'm on the phone and ask to be taken to the store. Inside i'm thinking, 'Can't you see i'm on the phone?'

Obviously not; no one can see if i'm on the phone, or cooking, or sweeping the floor, or even standing on my head in the corner, because no one can see me at all. I'm the invisible Mom.

Some days i am only a pair of hands, nothing more! Can you fix this? Can you tie this? Can you open this? Some days i'm not a pair of hands; i'm not even a human being. I'm a clock to ask, 'What time is it?'  I'm a satellite guide to answer, 'What number is the Disney Channel?' I'm a car to order, 'Right around 5:30, please.'  Some days i'm a crystal ball; 'Where's my other sock? Where's my phone?, What's for dinner?'

I was certain that these were the hands that once held books and the eyes that studied history, music and literature. But now, they had disappeared into the pickle jar, never to be seen again. She's going, she's going, and she's gone!

One night, a group of us were having dinner, celebrating the return of a friend from England who'd just gotten back from a fabulous trip. I was feeling pretty pathetic, when she turned to me with a beautifully wrapped package, and said, 'I brought you this.' It was a book on the great cathedrals of Europe. I wasn't sure why she'd given it to me until i read her inscription: 'With admiration for the greatness of what you are building when no one sees.'

In the days ahead i would read - no, devour - the book. And i would discover what would become for me, four life-changing truths, after which i could pattern my work: 1) No one can say who built the great cathedrals; we have no record of their names; 2) These builders gave their whole lives for a work they would never see finished; 3) They made great sacrifices and expected no credit and 4) The passion of their building was fuelled by their faith that the eyes of God saw everything.

I read the story of a visitor who saw a workman carving a tiny bird on the inside of a beam. He was puzzled and asked the man, 'Why are you spending so much time carving that bird into a beam that will be covered by the roof, No one will ever see it.' And the workman replied, 'Because God sees.'

I closed the book, feeling the missing piece fall into place. It was almost as if i heard God whispering to me, 'I see you. I see the sacrifices you make every day, even when no one around you does. No act of kindness you've done, no sequin you've sewn on, no cupcake you've baked, no last minute errand is too small for me to notice and smile over. You are building a great cathedral, but you can't see right now what it will become'.

As mothers, we are building great cathedrals. We cannot be seen if we're doing it right. And one day, it is very possible that the world will marvel, not only at what we have built, but at the beauty that has been added to the world by the sacrifices of invisible mothers.

.Comics_Music. thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
WOW DI!!!!!
AWESOME TOPIC AND AWESOME POSTS!!!!!!!!!!
HERE I LIKE TO SHARE A THOUGHT:

God is like a computer. He ENTERS your life, SCANS your problems, EDITS your tension, DOWNLOADS solutions, DELETES your worries & SAVES you..