Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
See I disgree with such strict rules. Because on a public forum, you are BOUND to disagree, and BOUND to debate. In debates, you can often use sarcasm to make someone else see a point. Which is what Lily was trying to do. I dont know if the supposed member SAW it, but I'm sure we all had a laugh and saw her point.
I find it really witty.
I mean, with all due respect to the mods, you cant be parents to all the members here. If certain members post something ridiculous, others will get riled up and react. But what ends up happenignis, that those same members start something up, and then end up being protected by the mods. Sure, they also get "a warning". But in teh process, now we have faced with such strict rules, that now, even before getting into the debate, we're restricted.

I think the line should be drawn if inappropriate language is used, or a member directly bashses another. But being sarcastic towards a post shoudltn be considered rule breaking.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Lily, Come back. Its no fun without you. You are the Rock Star here. ⭐️

You have to come back, Otherwise Maddy's belan is coming after you. Emoticon: Angry Woman With Rolling Pin
Vedika211 thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

See I disgree with such strict rules. Because on a public forum, you are BOUND to disagree, and BOUND to debate. In debates, you can often use sarcasm to make someone else see a point. Which is what Lily was trying to do. I dont know if the supposed member SAW it, but I'm sure we all had a laugh and saw her point.

I find it really witty.
I mean, with all due respect to the mods, you cant be parents to all the members here. If certain members post something ridiculous, others will get riled up and react. But what ends up happenignis, that those same members start something up, and then end up being protected by the mods. Sure, they also get "a warning". But in teh process, now we have faced with such strict rules, that now, even before getting into the debate, we're restricted.

I think the line should be drawn if inappropriate language is used, or a member directly bashses another. But being sarcastic towards a post shoudltn be considered rule breaking.

Exactly. Strongly agree with the highlighted part.
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Simranji, you do a great job of moderating the forum! I really mean it! And once again, what I wrote was not at all directed towards you! I can totally understand where you are coming from! (I certainly do not send whining PM's to other members and mods! That is such a junior school attitude!😆)

@Lilly, after telling others not to leave the forum....you please do not do the same! Just stay back and write whatever you want to! The max that will happen is that you will get your warning levels reach high...and that is sort of a psuedo-respectful thing to happen in IF!😆 Seriously, don't leave!

@katforeve....If you think that people should leave you alone, then the best place to write would be a personal blog where you can restrict access to other people and only allow those who agree with you! To write on a public forum and expect people to not comment back / disagree with you is a bit weird, to say the least!
Edited by poppy2009 - 13 years ago
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
And Simranji you too. You cannot stop moderating. We want you here as much as we want Lily here. 😊

If you don't come back, right after Lily my belan is coming after you... Emoticon: Angry Woman With Rolling Pin
Vedika211 thumbnail
I have to leave now.
@Simran, I was not criticising you. I hardly know you, I just read the posts here at the Bollywood forum and a few forums here and there. I was just raising questions that all those who write at public forums should think about. Also, whatever I have read written by laxilli has never seemed instigative, merely thought provoking, so today when I saw her questioned, I couldn't help posting. Hope there aren't any hard feeling.
@Laxilli, if you want to keep writing, please do. If you're trying to do something else with your time, that's all right, though the forum will be less thought provoking without you.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Why is it that the wrong members end up taking offense? Its happened before that the one who seems to start the problem remains unaffected.
Lily, Simran, both of you are frikkin amazing members! Please stay!
Ok last time. It was not a warning, it was only a request. We have not gone after any of you for sarcasm. I only requested that sarcasm that borderlines into something else be avoided. I have asked members before too, but via PMs.

I have apologized to Lily if she took it wrongly. It was not to be taken as a warning. I only wanted this topic to not be closed, so only requested.

Perhaps moderating is not my cup of tea, sigh.

Lastly, we look at posts from a moderating perspective, and the amount of reports that have been done on one post. I did not step in b/c there was one reported post....some others voiced that this will unnecessarily get the topic closed ji. So I stepped in to avoid it from getting closed. More than 2 members thought it was trying to provoke.

Sarcasm is subjective.

Edited by ~*simran*~ - 13 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

KatForeva relax dont take peoples comment to personally 🤗 

~*simran*~ please dont say that your one of the best mods 🤗 

people perceive things differently I don't see anything wrong in you asking for people to stop provoking fights sarcasm mostly leads to that it depends on how people take it unfortunately here it was taking in a negative way 

preity*zinta thumbnail

I agree with Simran on this one - It gets a little annoying when members (and I'M NOT saying Lili) but just members in general make these indirect digs at other members - and then people complain that we don't really do anything. I don't think it's a big secret that all we want is for everyone to respect one another and be cooperative.

Anywho - I think all this can be said in the Feedback topic - otherwise we should get back to the original discussion.