ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Abhishek Bachchan

The fact that he was my first hero makes him very special. We had a crazy time shooting Refugee. Since both of us came from film families, we had a lot to prove. But that didn't stop us from having fun. Abhishek and I share one thing, our love for food, especially junk food. We'd go crazy eating on the sets. Abhishek loves his chivda and ganthias and all the snacks they'd serve on the sets. Ditto me. That's what makes him special. We haven't worked together for a while now. We may never work together but he'll always remain close to my heart. I've no idea why we haven't worked together. I've heard that he's refused movies with me because he isn't comfortable working with me. That's fine. There's no point working together if you aren't comfortable. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he is warm and a very loving person. He's very talented. I won't stop loving or caring for him just because we aren't working together. I guess I'm biased towards him because he was my first co-star. 

Shahid Kapoor

Of course there was the personal relationship. Apart from that I respect him deeply. He's a man of convictions, of deep-rooted values. That's very rare in today's world. I admire that the most in him. He's truly talented. I thought he was awesome in Jab We Met and Kaminey.  His range as an actor is vast. That's why he can do a romcom like Jab We Met and then do a diametrically opposite film like Kaminey. I share a cordial relationship with him. I'm a true professional and I have no qualms about working with him again. Of course it would depend upon the script. If a script came along that was great, I'm not saying I'd do it, but I would definitely consider it. 

Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan is every actress' dream co-star. It was my dream to work with the ultimate lover boy on screen. I have done two films with him but I never had the taste of romance with him. In Asoka there was no Hindi film romance, in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham I was his sister-in-law. But in Ra.One, which also happens to be India's biggest film, I play his wife. And there are some lovely moments in the movie. When it comes to romance, he's king. Besides, I find him extremely hot. And he's so intelligent. The combination is extremely sexy. There can never be another Shah Rukh Khan.
By the way, he's the only actor who has tasted my cooking. We were shooting in Pachmarhi in Madhya Pradesh for Asoka. And Santosh Sivan and I decided to cook lunch for the entire unit that day. It was the first and the last time I entered the kitchen. We cooked a proper meal consisting of chicken curry, rice, vegetables and dessert. That was fun.

Aamir Khan

No heroine's career is complete unless she works with Aamir Khan. I would say he's a genius, a living legend. And you're not a complete actor unless you've worked with him. I've had the hugest crush on him ever since I was 10. I've known him since Andaz Apna Apna. I remember one day I was sitting on the steps. I had my hand on my face and I was pulling my face unconsciously. That's when he came up to me and said if you want to be an actress, you can't do that. An actor's face is his fortune. You must take care of that. So today if I have a glowing face, I'd give him the credit for it.  For the tip he gave me that day. Aamir is a complete actor, a team player. And contrary to rumours, he isn't the interfering sort. I love his keen interest in every aspect of filmmaking.  There's so much to learn from him. I have done just one film with him. I was lucky to be part of the biggest hit in Indian cinema. And I'm dying to work with him again. He's like a chocolate craving. The more you have of him, the more you want him. You just can't work with him once.

Hrithik Roshan

I haven't worked with him in the last seven years. My last film with him was Main Prem Ki Diwaani Hoon. He's the only actor, apart from me, who looks so much into the mirror.  I may not have worked with him for a while but I can see that over the years he has evolved as an actor. I remember having a blast with him on the sets of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. I think we make a great onscreen pair. I hope we work again some day. 

Saif Ali Khan

He's India's most versatile actor. And he has a very versatile personality. He's the only actor in the industry who can talk on any topic under the sun. He knows his politics, history, religion, music. He's so well read, talking to him is so refreshing. And as an actor he has the knack of getting into the skin of the character. Very few actors can do that. So what you see onscreen is not Saif Ali Khan the star but the character he's portraying. That's one reason why he has been so successful in doing movies like Being Cyrus, Omkara and Love Aaj Kal. And I'm not saying this because I'm seeing him but I genuinely think he's the best-looking man in India. I've traveled all over the world and I know how women turn to look at him everywhere when he enters a bar or a restaurant. I feel proud of it.

I remember seeing Saif for the first time in Parampara at Satyam cinema in Worli. I must have been 10. And I remember liking him so much that I saw the movie four times. I saw Salaam Namastey four times too. You won't believe this but when my mom first met him, she told him that you should be with one of my daughters. She felt he was good looking, blue-blooded and educated. Of course she meant Lolo then.
Years later, when I started seeing him she was like I can't believe this. It's come true. We had a hearty laugh about that. Saif is a one-man army when it comes to his work. He has a way of working and he keeps away from the typical way in which the industry functions. He made Love Aaj Kal in his own way without bothering about the ways of the industry. Ditto with Agent Vinod. Also, he doesn't bother about the competition. He isn't interested in what the others are doing. He's just focused on his work. If I tell him something he always tells me, ''I don't want to know what others are doing. I'll do what my heart says. We have to lead our own lives.'' It's this quality that has made him last 18 years in the industry. And he won't sign any film unless he's convinced. I like that about him.

Ajay Devgn

He's more of Lolo's co-star. Now he's become my co-star. He's my absolute favourite. And I know he feels the same for me. I read in Filmfare that he likes me very much. I'm extremely fond of him and I have seen all his films. I love working with him, we share a great relationship. In fact, I wait to shoot with him. He makes work so much fun on the sets. I've enjoyed working in the Golmaal series mainly because of him. Besides that he is a very cooperative co-star. He helps you tremendously with your shots. Like when we would do a comedy scene, he'd help me with my comic timing, he'd tell me what to do. One thing that I absolutely admire about Ajay is the way he's kept his personal life private. The fact that he was seeing Karisma once upon a time has never come between us. They were kids when they were seeing each other. It's history now.  In fact, Karisma recently saw Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai and loved him in it. She sent a message to him through me saying he was unbelievable. I agree.

Salman Khan

My sister Karisma always says that she loves two people in the industry: Salman Khan and me. She thinks I'm so much like Salman Khan. I used to see him act with Lolo. Those days I used to be obsessed with him because I'd just seen Maine Pyar Kiya. And I thought he was mind blowing. So I put up his poster in my room. He saw that poster. Then later on, I saw Ashiqui and fell in love with Rahul Roy. So I removed Salman's poster and put Rahul Roy's. He couldn't believe what I had done. To this date he teases me about it and wonders how I could replace him with Rahul Roy. For a long time, I think he was uncomfortable with the idea of working with me. After all he'd seen me in li'l dresses in Lolo's room. Now it's better. He's become used to it. He's the only phenomenon the industry has. He's a natural born actor. Whatever he does becomes a craze. To me, he's the Rajnikanth of Bollywood.

Akshay Kumar

Again he's Lolo's co-star. You know something, I've played in his lap. I was eight then, he was working with Lolo on one of the 14 films she's done with him. I had two pigtails then. And look at us now. I've done six films with him. He's truly commendable. He often jokes with me that he'll work with Samaira (Karisma's daughter) too. I share a great working relationship with him. From Deedar to Kambhakkt Ishq, it's been a long but beautiful journey for us.  He's very focused, very positive about his work. In that sense he's so much like Lolo. I'm extremely fond of him. But he's more like a brother to me. We share a brother-sister relationship.

Tusshar Kapoor

He's more than a friend to me. He's my brother, my philosopher, my guide. I don't feel judged when I talk to him. I can talk to him about anything. Since I worked in his first movie, we share an extremely strong bond. And now that we're doing the Golmaal series, the bond has become stronger. I still remember him as this raw actor in Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai. From there to becoming the soul of the Golmaal series, he has grown tremendously as an actor. I love him too much. And I genuinely wish him the very best in life. In fact, I've always maintained that even when I'm not in the industry, the only person I'll keep in touch with from the industry is Tusshar. I've found a true friend in him.

Edited by Sallufanno1 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
LMAO! There's twice as much for Saifu 😆
Arre, ye Khan bhajan phir shuroo ho gaya bebo?
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh man I really wish she was still with Shahid! He loved her so much but then again I don't think she deserved him! As for Saif - they suit each other!
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
She talked about Saif a lot lol, cool interview thanks for sharing.
LEO88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
off cours kareena desrve saif ..
i mean he is so good as a bf & hopfully as a husband
That was a good read! I luv how Bebo keeps on bringing up Lolo in most of her answers 😆 I know a lot of Bebo's co-stars also played hero to Lolo, but it's really nice to see how fond she is of her sister. Bless them.
And LOL@ playing Akshay's lap!! 😆 
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
She can not be eight when Lolo was working with Akshay.Karenna is 6 years younger than Lolo and Lolo started her film career at 16.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I love how sweet she is to Abhi even after him not wanting to work with her. Nice interview. And it's funny how she goes on and on about Saif lol.... this girl is completely in love.

Originally posted by: -JONAKI-

She can not be eight when Lolo was working with Akshay.Karenna is 6 years younger than Lolo and Lolo started her film career at 16.

She sucks at math? ðŸ˜†

I like how she goes on and on about Saif unapologetically. It should be annoying, but at this point its just cute.  ðŸ˜† 
Edited by xetaxeta - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think she does suck at Math. I recall one of her first interviews how she was talking about her studies I think she said she hated math and she was not good at it, or did she say she was good at... I don't know lol

PS When I first saw this topic, I thought it said Kareena's shoes instead of kareena's heroes 😆